Gun retailers - Operation Choke Point - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gun retailers - Operation Choke Point

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2014, 01:00 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 446 Times on 246 Posts
Likes Given: 897

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
With all due respect jim, you have been spending to much time reading alex jones. Snopes is a myth busting website. They have no political agenda other than busting lies.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/executiveorders.asp
Even though the number is lower than what Jim said, it is still unprecedented and out of control. Didn't Obama himself say that if Congress wouldn't act in the way he wanted, he would just use executive orders?

Old 05-23-2014, 03:00 AM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2007 Times on 1379 Posts
Likes Given: 766

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin1995 View Post
Even though the number is lower than what Jim said, it is still unprecedented and out of control. Didn't Obama himself say that if Congress wouldn't act in the way he wanted, he would just use executive orders?
If you read the entire article you will see the exact number of executive orders written by every president since Teddy Roosevelt. It is unusual for Snopes to get involved with politics. They usually bust people like Stansberry & Associates.

There is a bill in congress right now to stop the FDIC from listing solid, well regulated industries as risky. Such action make it hard for small to medium sized banks to comply and it robs the smaller institutions of the profits they deserve.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Last edited by John_Deer; 05-23-2014 at 03:05 AM.

Old 05-23-2014, 03:35 AM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1190 Times on 661 Posts
Likes Given: 508

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
If you read the entire article you will see the exact number of executive orders written by every president since Teddy Roosevelt. It is unusual for Snopes to get involved with politics. They usually bust people like Stansberry & Associates.

There is a bill in congress right now to stop the FDIC from listing solid, well regulated industries as risky. Such action make it hard for small to medium sized banks to comply and it robs the smaller institutions of the profits they deserve.
Not sure about this one, but that is very interesting (to me) and I will look into it. Hadn't thought about money manipulation along those lines, but since the banking cartels, the government, and the special interests groups try to manipulate money every other which way, it makes sense that they'd try that, too.

It's funny, but in this country as much as any other on the planet, any time you're involved in legitimate business you run into a brick wall of thieves deeper and stronger than the Maginot Line.

Old 05-23-2014, 10:06 AM   #34
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3356 Times on 2270 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default Gun retailers - Operation Choke Point

We Couldn't Connect with Kelly McMillian last night,...but we have an Extra Special New "Addition" to the Show......and we did have a Long discussion about this topic,..Hear what we have to say....

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 05-23-2014 at 10:12 AM.

Old 05-23-2014, 10:26 AM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 144 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Check the voting records of the players if they voted anti gun dump them.

http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14888.png
Retired LE, M.P., Sr. M.P. Investigator, armorer, F.B.I. Trained Rangemaster/Firearms Instructor , Presently Forensic Document Examiner for D.H.S.
People Like This 
Old 05-23-2014, 05:24 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2007 Times on 1379 Posts
Likes Given: 766

It is very annoying that Obama managed to open the banking system to illegal pot dispensary's in CO. But legal businesses with good credit ratings are labelled as risky. It's not just Obama or the democrats, it appears both parties are ready to send the regular hard working people of America down the road to serfdom.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 05-25-2014, 04:10 AM   #37

Liked 640 Times on 386 Posts
Likes Given: 12

My main LGS has to pay high credit card fees because their isn't many processing companies that will do business with a firearm retailer. Also, they have to pay cash for everything because banks won't loan them money. The LGS has been in business since 1975 and has excellent credit. They are well know in the community and are highly regarded. This kind of behavior from the government is downright disgusting and shouldn't be tolerated. Here is where the problem lies, just what can we do about it?

Old 05-25-2014, 03:24 PM   #38

Liked 314 Times on 141 Posts
Likes Given: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
My main LGS has to pay high credit card fees because their isn't many processing companies that will do business with a firearm retailer. Also, they have to pay cash for everything because banks won't loan them money. The LGS has been in business since 1975 and has excellent credit. They are well know in the community and are highly regarded. This kind of behavior from the government is downright disgusting and shouldn't be tolerated. Here is where the problem lies, just what can we do about it?
Sadly, short of a the coming Civil War I don't think that there really is anything that can be done to fix this issue. Best we can do is try to reduce that amount of business we do with banks that support this stupidity. BofA is a big one. If anyone has the time and energy to put together a list of business that actively or passively support Citizen disarmament then we can as a community decline to do business with those companies. I think that that list would make a wonderful Sticky..
Criminals are never materially handicapped by such rules; the only effect is to disarm the peaceful citizen and put him fully at the mercy of the lawless. Such rules look very pretty on paper; in practice they are as foolish and footless as the attempt of the mice to bell the cat.

Letter to Alice Dalgliesh, the editor who was censoring his manuscript for Red Planet, regarding gun control registration and control Published in 1949
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 05-25-2014, 10:10 PM   #39
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3356 Times on 2270 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default Gun retailers - Operation Choke Point

It seems that Just about every bank is in agreement in one way or another. What about "Credit Unions?"

My speculation on some of this is just more "Nanny State BS" and it's very sad what our(once) great country is coming to....when these Ultra Liberals & Progressives(the only thing I like Progressive Is my British Rock N Roll,..In fact,..Thats one of the ONLY DECENT Things the Queens Subjects have done since they asked us to help in WW2!!!) Run Rampant, you have People like this Man raving about a Movie directors son Killing his son being the NRA's Fault,...But If Chris Martinez HAD a Gun to defend himself with,..maybe this Elliott Rodger Would have not gotten as far as he did,..MAYBE IF THE CALIFORNIA LEO's in THIS CASE had done the correct thing 6 months ago, OR IF HIS FATHER,..WHO KNEW HIS SON WAS a NUTJOB had him forcibly committed,...we would not be mourning these folks today...

I'm glad i'm actually going out to shoot in a little bit....

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 05-25-2014 at 10:46 PM.

Old 05-26-2014, 03:08 PM   #40

Liked 106 Times on 86 Posts
Likes Given: 12

A little rebellion...(Quotation)

"Societies exist under three forms sufficiently distinguishable. 1. Without government, as among our Indians. 2. Under governments wherein the will of every one has a just influence, as is the case in England in a slight degree, and in our states in a great one. 3. Under governments of force: as is the case in all other monarchies and in most of the other republics. To have an idea of the curse of existence under these last, they must be seen. It is a government of wolves over sheep. It is a problem, not clear in my mind, that the 1st. condition is not the best. But I believe it to be inconsistent with any great degree of population. The second state has a great deal of good in it. The mass of mankind under that enjoys a precious degree of liberty and happiness. It has it’s evils too: the principal of which is the turbulence to which it is subject. But weigh this against the oppressions of monarchy, and it becomes nothing. Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem. Even this evil is productive of good. It prevents the degeneracy of government, and nourishes a general attention to the public affairs. I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical.[1] Unsuccesful rebellions indeed generally establish the incroachments on the rights of the people which have produced them. An observation of this truth should render honest republican governors so mild in their punishment of rebellions, as not to discourage them too much. It is a medecine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Paris, January 30, 1787

"The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."
Thucydides circa 460 bc - c. 400 bc