Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gun restrictions?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 06:38 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I will try and find it. I have read a lot of different sites this weekend but I think it was from a quote she made in a Huffington post article.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:18 AM   #62

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts

Yeah she said the law won't be retroactively, but prospectively,

" if you already have one you can keep it. You just won't be able to buy a new one once the law go into effect.

Feinstein laid out details of the bill.
"It will ban the sale, the transfer, the importation and the possession, not retroactively, but prospectively," and ban the sale of clips of more than ten bullets,

Here's the link

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/16/dianne-feinstein-assault-weapons-ban_n_2311477.html

RRA Predator Pursuit 20"
RRA Entry Tactical
G21SF,G23,G27
10/22, MKII

Last edited by chrishiggin29; 12-18-2012 at 07:28 AM.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:33 AM   #63

Liked 22 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I found it on my Facebook account. It was a post by a friend of mine. I sent him a post asking him where he saw it.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:41 PM   #64

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog114 View Post
Feinstein said flat out that the bill she is going to introduce will have everyone who currently owns one MUST turn it in to police.
If that is the case it is good she is going to put this up for a vote, IT WILL NEVER PASS. I have never liked her, but if she puts up a bill in a time of stress to try and pressure it to pass, she might make my christmas card list. This will not pass , it will need to be better written.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:49 PM   #65

Liked 97 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire

If that is the case it is good she is going to put this up for a vote, IT WILL NEVER PASS. I have never liked her, but if she puts up a bill in a time of stress to try and pressure it to pass, she might make my christmas card list. This will not pass , it will need to be better written.
Everyone just go get some post hole diggers! Problem solved! Lol

Old 12-18-2012, 02:24 PM   #66
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1353 Times on 688 Posts
Likes Given: 1011

Politicians say a lot of things but talk is cheap. It's easy to say you're going to ban guns. It's another thing to do it. And whatever happens is not going to happen overnight. Right now emotions are running hot, people are hysterical and there's a lynch-mob attitude against gun rights.

I think a worst case scenario might be a ban on high-cap mags and a reinstatement of the Clinton AWB. Anything more radical is going to be hotly contested on legal grounds. Forced confiscation or surrender of privately owned firearms would set off a sh*tstorm the likes of which this country has not seen since Fort Sumpter.

The best thing to do is write your representative, your senator, and let them know you expect them to diligently protect your Constitutional rights amid this atmosphere of panic and hysteria. I'm writing mine today.

Stay smart, stay motivated, stay dangerous

Old 12-18-2012, 02:37 PM   #67

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7point62 View Post
Politicians say a lot of things but talk is cheap. It's easy to say you're going to ban guns. It's another thing to do it. And whatever happens is not going to happen overnight. Right now emotions are running hot, people are hysterical and there's a lynch-mob attitude against gun rights.

I think a worst case scenario might be a ban on high-cap mags and a reinstatement of the Clinton AWB. Anything more radical is going to be hotly contested on legal grounds. Forced confiscation or surrender of privately owned firearms would set off a sh*tstorm the likes of which this country has not seen since Fort Sumpter.

The best thing to do is write your representative, your senator, and let them know you expect them to diligently protect your Constitutional rights amid this atmosphere of panic and hysteria. I'm writing mine today.
I agree, if it does come it will be in steps. Magazines and possibly new sales at first, but I don't think they can take what we already have. It would have to have to be like you can keep them if you register the weapons you own now and then later they would come after them once they made a list of who owns what. But I really don't see that happening.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #68

Liked 3680 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishiggin29
Yeah she said the law won't be retroactively, but prospectively,

" if you already have one you can keep it. You just won't be able to buy a new one once the law go into effect.

Feinstein laid out details of the bill.
"It will ban the sale, the transfer, the importation and the possession, not retroactively, but prospectively," and ban the sale of clips of more than ten bullets,

Here's the link

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/16/dianne-feinstein-assault-weapons-ban_n_2311477.html
They NEED. This. You see. They'll make a ban like that, keep gun free zones, and set the stage for another shooting. Then they come back.. 'We need to confiscate large magazines.'
Then it happens with a 10 round magazine. They come back, 'we need a ban on semi autos'
Then Whitman climbs a tower with a bolt action. Then they come back, 'we need a ban on sniper rifles'.

Then there's no constitution.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Mongo Likes This 
Old 12-18-2012, 08:08 PM   #69

Liked 97 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 1

image-4185655257.jpg  
Old 12-18-2012, 08:13 PM   #70

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 6

My gun store just told me that they just got a letter from the ATF today saying that they cant buy any more ARs they can only sell the ones they got on hand