Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gun restrictions?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 06:38 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
birddog114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 82
Liked 22 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

I will try and find it. I have read a lot of different sites this weekend but I think it was from a quote she made in a Huffington post article.

__________________
birddog114 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:18 AM   #62
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
chrishiggin29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 115
Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts

Default

Yeah she said the law won't be retroactively, but prospectively,

" if you already have one you can keep it. You just won't be able to buy a new one once the law go into effect.

Feinstein laid out details of the bill.
"It will ban the sale, the transfer, the importation and the possession, not retroactively, but prospectively," and ban the sale of clips of more than ten bullets,

Here's the link


http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/16/dianne-feinstein-assault-weapons-ban_n_2311477.html

__________________

RRA Predator Pursuit 20"
RRA Entry Tactical
G21SF,G23,G27
10/22, MKII


Last edited by chrishiggin29; 12-18-2012 at 07:28 AM.
chrishiggin29 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:33 AM   #63
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
birddog114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 82
Liked 22 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

I found it on my Facebook account. It was a post by a friend of mine. I sent him a post asking him where he saw it.

__________________
birddog114 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:41 PM   #64
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Idaho --,Happy
Posts: 1,905
Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog114 View Post
Feinstein said flat out that the bill she is going to introduce will have everyone who currently owns one MUST turn it in to police.
If that is the case it is good she is going to put this up for a vote, IT WILL NEVER PASS. I have never liked her, but if she puts up a bill in a time of stress to try and pressure it to pass, she might make my christmas card list. This will not pass , it will need to be better written.
__________________
Flat Tire is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:49 PM   #65
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
M1Anut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 206
Liked 97 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire

If that is the case it is good she is going to put this up for a vote, IT WILL NEVER PASS. I have never liked her, but if she puts up a bill in a time of stress to try and pressure it to pass, she might make my christmas card list. This will not pass , it will need to be better written.
Everyone just go get some post hole diggers! Problem solved! Lol
__________________
M1Anut is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:24 PM   #66
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Decisive Terrain
Posts: 2,030
Liked 1353 Times on 688 Posts
Likes Given: 1011

Default

Politicians say a lot of things but talk is cheap. It's easy to say you're going to ban guns. It's another thing to do it. And whatever happens is not going to happen overnight. Right now emotions are running hot, people are hysterical and there's a lynch-mob attitude against gun rights.

I think a worst case scenario might be a ban on high-cap mags and a reinstatement of the Clinton AWB. Anything more radical is going to be hotly contested on legal grounds. Forced confiscation or surrender of privately owned firearms would set off a sh*tstorm the likes of which this country has not seen since Fort Sumpter.

The best thing to do is write your representative, your senator, and let them know you expect them to diligently protect your Constitutional rights amid this atmosphere of panic and hysteria. I'm writing mine today.

__________________
Marines, Infantry
145th Airlift Wing, NCANG
NRA Life


Stay smart, stay motivated, stay dangerous
7point62 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:37 PM   #67
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Idaho --,Happy
Posts: 1,905
Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7point62 View Post
Politicians say a lot of things but talk is cheap. It's easy to say you're going to ban guns. It's another thing to do it. And whatever happens is not going to happen overnight. Right now emotions are running hot, people are hysterical and there's a lynch-mob attitude against gun rights.

I think a worst case scenario might be a ban on high-cap mags and a reinstatement of the Clinton AWB. Anything more radical is going to be hotly contested on legal grounds. Forced confiscation or surrender of privately owned firearms would set off a sh*tstorm the likes of which this country has not seen since Fort Sumpter.

The best thing to do is write your representative, your senator, and let them know you expect them to diligently protect your Constitutional rights amid this atmosphere of panic and hysteria. I'm writing mine today.
I agree, if it does come it will be in steps. Magazines and possibly new sales at first, but I don't think they can take what we already have. It would have to have to be like you can keep them if you register the weapons you own now and then later they would come after them once they made a list of who owns what. But I really don't see that happening.
__________________
Flat Tire is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #68
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mosin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,355
Liked 3680 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishiggin29
Yeah she said the law won't be retroactively, but prospectively,

" if you already have one you can keep it. You just won't be able to buy a new one once the law go into effect.

Feinstein laid out details of the bill.
"It will ban the sale, the transfer, the importation and the possession, not retroactively, but prospectively," and ban the sale of clips of more than ten bullets,

Here's the link

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/16/dianne-feinstein-assault-weapons-ban_n_2311477.html
They NEED. This. You see. They'll make a ban like that, keep gun free zones, and set the stage for another shooting. Then they come back.. 'We need to confiscate large magazines.'
Then it happens with a 10 round magazine. They come back, 'we need a ban on semi autos'
Then Whitman climbs a tower with a bolt action. Then they come back, 'we need a ban on sniper rifles'.

Then there's no constitution.
__________________

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Mosin is offline  
Mongo Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:08 PM   #69
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
M1Anut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 206
Liked 97 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

............

image-4185655257.jpg  
__________________
M1Anut is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:13 PM   #70
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: south eastern ,Minnesota
Posts: 35
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

My gun store just told me that they just got a letter from the ATF today saying that they cant buy any more ARs they can only sell the ones they got on hand

__________________
Patriot98 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Are you a supporter of the 2nd amendment, or do you support restrictions? partdeux Legal and Activism 88 11-27-2012 02:02 AM
got my PA LTCF,what are the general restrictions on it? REDMIST89 Semi-Auto Handguns 32 03-20-2012 01:11 AM
Second Amendment Restrictions Imposed Sniper03 Legal and Activism 9 12-28-2011 03:56 PM
Handgun age restrictions at a gun show? thereisnogod General Handgun Discussion 3 12-09-2008 01:58 AM



Newest Threads