Gun Registration - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gun Registration

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2011, 02:11 AM   #21
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttolhurst View Post
Yup; pretty much as I said in post #7.
Sorry. Didn't mean to duplicate what others had already said.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:21 AM   #22
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2872 Times on 1578 Posts
Likes Given: 810

The naivete of the news media is unbelievable. Eric Holder is the one that is giving the orders and they want him to step up and reign them in. I think most of the media people got their degrees at Berserkly.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:36 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
Didn't mean to duplicate what others had already said.
Some things bear repeating.

Old 11-01-2011, 03:02 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
The L.E. organizations have essentially become paramilitary. The "War on Terrorism" has changed the game. A nicety like a warrant has essentially been superseded by emergency powers.
Of course, to many people, the loss of those "niceties" also lost the "L.E." agencies their first step inside the door or chance to explain their business/demands. Not saying i am one of those people, but i certainly understand why they would feel that way and adjust their responses in such an extreme manner.

Call them crazies now, but later they may be known as "the resistance".

A sad pathetic situation our country has gotten into nowadays. The people who are supposed to be protecting us from the crazies trying to destroy our society sometimes seem like more of a threat to our way of life than the crazies were.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:12 AM   #25

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I got the opportunity to speak with an fbi employed person who dealth with nics and things like that. He told me, very clearly, multiple times, that those background checks are not erased. They remain on file, he knew it was illegal, the people he worked with knew it was illegal. But that is simply how it is and there really isn't much they could do about it, if they wanted to.

Any 4473's that you fill out, are in the fbi database already, they have no need to go to the place you bought it from. Think about this, how would they know where to go to get records from the dealer who sold you the firearm if they didn't keep it (your 4473) on record?... exactly. They get the records from the dealers for show.

Call me paranoid, or make tin foil hats jokes all you want. I will assume the worst in all situations, and prepare accordingly. Murphy's law.

Check out my blog:http://ithinkforme.blogspot.com/

Old 11-01-2011, 12:38 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory2 View Post
Any 4473's that you fill out, are in the fbi database already, they have no need to go to the place you bought it from.
Bzzzt! No, I'm sorry, that's not correct, but thank you for playing our game. The FBI does have any 4473's at all. Only ATF receives those, and only when an FFL discontinues buisness.

As far as NICS goes, they don't receive any identifying information on the firearm, only the type (handgun, long gun, other). No manufacturer, no model, no serial number. Not much of a database, is it?

Quote:
Think about this, how would they know where to go to get records from the dealer who sold you the firearm if they didn't keep it (your 4473) on record?... exactly. They get the records from the dealers for show.
Traces start with the manufacturer, who will provide the ID of the FFL they sent to gun to, who in turn will ID the FFL they sent the gun to, until the FFL is reached who transferred it to a nonlicensee via a 4473. Simple, is it not?

Old 11-01-2011, 04:10 PM   #27

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Bzzzt! No, I'm sorry, that's not correct, but thank you for playing our game. The FBI does have any 4473's at all. Only ATF receives those, and only when an FFL discontinues buisness.
Do you know who runs and operates NICS? It would seem you do not. The 4473 doesn't have identifying information, but the background check they (the dealer) sends in does. It has all of that juicy stuff.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:14 PM   #28

Yes, Cory, I do know who runs and operates NICS. Unlike you, I am an FFL and a registered user of NICS. Therefore, unlike you, I know exactly what gets submitted to the system. We do not submit any identifying information on the firearm to NICS, only the type of firearm (handgun, long gun, other).

Old 11-01-2011, 04:14 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

If anybody here thinks the feds adhere to the law, I have some great oceanside property in Arizona.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-01-2011, 04:16 PM   #30

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Yes, Cory, I do know who runs and operates NICS. Unlike you, I am an FFL and a registered user of NICS. Therefore, unlike you, I know exactly what gets submitted to the system. We do not submit any identifying information on the firearm to NICS, only the type of firearm (handgun, long gun, other).

Not all that different from me really... But good try there buddy.