Gun Refresher Course - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gun Refresher Course

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2007, 06:37 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
seriously though, i didnt make any of these up, somebody else did, and what is the deal with actually analyzing the friggin joke? weird, too much time i guess. duh on the sword thing, kind of went out with the whole barbaric perspective right around 1812 or some crap, i think the only guys who carry them really are cavalry officers, who wants to get that close when you can just use a gun. it was funny though, the point of it i think was the absurdity of gun control in a country founded by the gun and the freedom to carry.
I won't comment much on your personal comments however your history seems to be lacking. Swords and bayonets were used extensively in a small and insignificant war known in some places as the war of northern aggression and in others as the late unpleasantness between the states(1861-1865). Swords were still used , though not as widespread, in WWI(1914-1918) and WWII(1939-1945) . The US armed forces still use swords as part of the dress uniform. In its time the sword was a symbol of honor and virtue; not quite the same as "barbaric"
The firearm that most people know today is a very recent developement in history ( say around 1900) and the repeating firearm is barely even 150 years old.

The joke was funny the first time I read it several years ago. I still chuckle at it and even did so after I read your post. However, not getting the reaction that you wanted to your post and then calling the respondents weirdos with to much time on their hands and insinuating that they have no common sense is a bit juvenile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
what is the deal with actually analyzing the friggin joke? weird, too much time i guess. duh on the sword thing, kind of went out with the whole barbaric perspective right around 1812 or some crap,

Old 08-09-2007, 11:06 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default wow

first there was no attack intended, and you only assume that i didnt know the history with your post when in fact i fully recognized the history, it was nothing more then fun being poked back sorry you took offense to it, it didnt matter to me in the least, i was just finding the humor in it and pointing it out, sorry it was such a serious thing for you