Gun Ownership Survey-Thank You!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gun Ownership Survey-Thank You!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 02:56 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Gun Ownership Survey-Thank You!

Dear Friends,

We are inviting you to participate in an important study about gun ownership in the United States. The study is being conducted by the School of Journalism at Indiana University. If you agree to participate, we'd like to ask you to complete a short online survey that should take less than 10 minutes to complete. Your answers, of course, will be completely confidential and anonymous. Thanks in advance for your participation!

Please forward this invitation to other people you know — we need your help to learn what others are thinking!

Please click here to start the survey:

http://iujournalism.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_9XjuUEfAPnR1DGB

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-09-2013, 03:05 AM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

Double fail. If you had been a member for a while you may have had better luck.

I don't need No stinking signature.

MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 04-09-2013, 03:26 AM   #3

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Not on my watch!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
People Like This 
Old 04-09-2013, 03:46 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9573 Times on 4118 Posts
Likes Given: 1502

A few brief thoughts, and I will close this thread. members that wish to participate have your link to do so.

First, many gun owners have a distrust for many of the folks in liberal arts, and in the news media. This has resulted from misinformation, skewed public opinion polls, and pre-conceived thoughts being expounded as facts.

I did take a look at your survey, and there is some indication of the conditions I just mentioned.

You ask if a background check should include information on mental health. Would you care to define that? Are you aware that background checks for firearms purchases are ALREADY supposed to include whether a person has been adjudged mentally incompetent?

The surveys asks about assault weapons, defining them as a firearm capable of firing each time the trigger is pulled. You just defined a semi automatic rifle. A technology that is about 117 years old.

You asked about whether the respondent has ever been injured with a firearm. You do not take into account that many of us here (and gun owners in general) may be current or former law enforcement officers, current or former military veterans- with the accompanying work hazards.

You ask about shooting on a firing range. Yes, many people do. Many of us also can shoot in our back yards.

You do not ask about the current nation of residence of the respondent- we have members here from a number of nations, as well as US military presently overseas.

As a class project I would give your survey a D at this point. Further work is needed to posit questions that are neutral, and to remove some ingrained bias that is showing. In addition, terms such as often and rarely are poorly defined, and subject to a great deal of subjective interpretation.

Now, I have a few questions for you- do any of the members of your class project own firearms? For how long? Are any members familiar with the current Federal and state laws that ALREADY govern acquiring or owning firearms? Are any members examining the use of psychotropic medications by persons involved in a number of the high profile crimes recently?

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Closed Thread