gun owner arrested at Obama rally - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > gun owner arrested at Obama rally

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2008, 10:16 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Well, I left the company, or rather they left me--we were bought out by another corporate giant and a large portion of the staff was tossed out the back door. Can you say outsourced?

And, I would be that "woman" with the NRA lapel pin, which I think caused even more of a stir. But, I dont care, I frighten people in my own right without mentioning that I am a card carrying member of the NRA HAHAHA

I used the last weeks of employment to alternate my lapel pins--I have a little tiny AA winchester shell (you may have seen it in catalogues--its about an inch long). This caused HORROR for some folks--Oh NO! You have a fake miniature shotgun shell! AHHHHHHH!!!

Old 09-10-2008, 10:28 PM   #12

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
"that crazy guy with the dangerous NRA lapel pin".
Actually Musket would be labeled as the crazy LADY with the dangerous NRA pin.

JD

Old 09-10-2008, 10:34 PM   #13

You know, I can get MORE dangerous NRA lapel pins. I could arm people nationwide with one inch sharp pins, and we could take over the world....... mmwhhaaaahhaa

Old 09-11-2008, 01:59 AM   #14
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musket View Post
You know, I can get MORE dangerous NRA lapel pins. I could arm people nationwide with one inch sharp pins, and we could take over the world....... mmwhhaaaahhaa

I'm freakin' sorry I "presumed" you to be... well you know... and WHAT THE HELL KIND of NAME is MUSKET for a Lady???? LOL

Old 09-11-2008, 03:55 AM   #15

Dont worry, its not a problem.

I relate to a musket--old and rusty, but still deadly

Old 09-11-2008, 04:45 AM   #16

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

A close personal friend, his wife and family relocated to Texas for job related reasons. Being native born and raised Kalifornians, they were un aware of the open carry laws in Texas. While paying for gas at a convenience store, my friend was literally staring at another customers hand gun properly holstered on his hip. The man turned to him and said, "You're form California, aren't you!"

People who don't know guns or are anti gun get very nervous around guns. In the case above, i'm sure the Police were wearing weapons openly. If folks only knew..cops are people too with just as many problems as everyone else. This guys rights got stomped on and I hope he files suit. BTW, what is this c*&p about not returning the weapon?

People get the government they deserve.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:24 AM   #17
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post
A close personal friend, his wife and family relocated to Texas for job related reasons. Being native born and raised Kalifornians, they were un aware of the open carry laws in Texas. While paying for gas at a convenience store, my friend was literally staring at another customers hand gun properly holstered on his hip. The man turned to him and said, "You're form California, aren't you!"

People who don't know guns or are anti gun get very nervous around guns. In the case above, i'm sure the Police were wearing weapons openly. If folks only knew..cops are people too with just as many problems as everyone else. This guys rights got stomped on and I hope he files suit. BTW, what is this c*&p about not returning the weapon?
Well, Texas doesn't allow open carry yet. Only concealed. My guess is, he was a plain clothes LEO. We have many of them in Texas. The ONLY time a weapon isn't returned is if : it is illegal, or being retained as evidence. If it's legitimate property it does get returned, eventually,

Last edited by Mark F; 09-11-2008 at 10:36 AM.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:29 AM   #18
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musket View Post
Dont worry, its not a problem.

I relate to a musket--old and rusty, but still deadly
Well said! I guess I need to change my name... the old & ruusty part will fit nicely.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:24 PM   #19

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

This is obvious political persecution. The state law, as quoted in the story seems clear that he was breaking no law. Just because some sniveling bed-wetter was frightened at the sight of a holstered gun, this poor guy has a very expensive problem on his hands. Even though he's apparently 100% lawful in his behavior, he's now going to be required to prove his innocence, contrary to the constitutional presumption of innocence.

It is not our responsibility to educate the public, or the police, so the public can attend sociocrat political rallies without feeling "threatened."

Although it isn't a slam-dunk, it's a case that can be beaten. It will be expensive and I hope the NRA or other gun rights organizations jump on this one and help.

Lessons learned.....

1. Most cops don't know a thing about guns and gun laws.
2. Be careful what you write on the gun forums. It may come back to haunt you.

However....

It seems like common sense to me to assume that attending a political rally for a major candidate for the presidency, will bring you to the attention of those who's job it is to protect that person. I don't think our guy used the best judgement. There's a line from Jurassic Park regarding DNA and cloning; "Just because you CAN, doesn't mean you SHOULD." I know some will disagree, but that's my opinion.

Open carry fans, how far are you willing to go? If he'd just been concealed, this would not be a story. For my money, it doesn't make sense to go through this just to prove a point, but then I don't have unlimited funds or time to fight it. You may, but I don't. I'll keep mine out of sight.

Warning:

If Barack Hussein Obama is elected president, his supreme court appointees could wind up hearing this case. If so, we lose.

Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved