Gun Modifications in Court - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gun Modifications in Court

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2013, 06:27 PM   #71
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2415 Times on 1331 Posts
Likes Given: 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior1256
This is my point. While there is nothing illegal about modifying your firearm if you "trick it out" with all the bells and whistles an antigun prosecutor will try to make you look like a trigger happy killer. If a firearm works well out of the box I will keep it like it is and use only off the shelf ammo. However, this is just my opinion. If others feel differently and want to modify their firearms and reload their self defense ammo, that's cool.

No matter what you do, whether you defend yourself with a rubber band gun, or an SBR with every modification in the book, THE PROSECUTOR IS GOING TO TRY TO MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE A TRIGGER HAPPY KILLER!

THAT IS THElR JOB!!!!!

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Old 11-22-2013, 08:29 PM   #72
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2013 Times on 1382 Posts
Likes Given: 766

Parts change as the gun is used. Most people here have changed a magazine spring. The new spring will be twice as long as the old spring. Parts break in and become polished with use. Unless you admit you modified the gun it's doubtful become a factor. Even experts would have a hard time telling if a sear has been polished or if the sear has been worn slick.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 11-25-2013, 12:19 AM   #73

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
No matter what you do, whether you defend yourself with a rubber band gun, or an SBR with every modification in the book, THE PROSECUTOR IS GOING TO TRY TO MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE A TRIGGER HAPPY KILLER!

THAT IS THElR JOB!!!!!
Not necessarily. There are good prosecutors that simply look at the facts and make the judgements as to whether you were justified under the law while defending yourself and, if so,you walk away. We have quite a few of these here.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:40 AM   #74
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21985 Times on 12396 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior1256 View Post
Not necessarily. There are good prosecutors that simply look at the facts and make the judgements as to whether you were justified under the law while defending yourself and, if so,you walk away. We have quite a few of these here.
a good prosecutor looking at just the facts and decides the shooting was legally justified and righteous, will never even put it before a grand jury and will just file the case away in file 13.

i think the police or LE has to charge a person before the prosecutor even takes a look at the case in the first place, IIRC. so if the person that did the shooting was charged, why were they charged in the first place for righteous shooting?
Old 11-25-2013, 01:05 AM   #75
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2235 Times on 1217 Posts
Likes Given: 3456

Quote:
so if the person that did the shooting was charged, why were they charged in the first place for righteous shooting?
^^This!!!

If a person gets charged with murder or manslaughter in a shooting case there is a very high probability it was not a "righteous" shoot. Yep, there are a few well publicized cases of overzealous prosecutors overstepping their bounds, thankfully, such cases are few and far between.

OK has a "make my day law" on home invasions and a "stand your ground law". Prosecutors in OK give a lot of passes for good shoots. Our last Comance county prosecutor declined to prosecute three self defense cases in one 18 month period.
Old 11-25-2013, 01:22 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
^^This!!!

If a person gets charged with murder or manslaughter in a shooting case there is a very high probability it was not a "righteous" shoot. Yep, there are a few well publicized cases of overzealous prosecutors overstepping their bounds, thankfully, such cases are few and far between.

OK has a "make my day law" on home invasions and a "stand your ground law". Prosecutors in OK give a lot of passes for good shoots. Our last Comance county prosecutor declined to prosecute three self defense cases in one 18 month period.
a district attorney is an elected position, meaning even one that is a rabid, liberal anti-gunner has to face re-election at some point. so if he or she were to try and prosecute a righteous SD case and the jury sees them for what they are and finds the person innocent of any wrong doing in that case, it would hurt his cahnces at re-election on down the road.

district attorneys get re-elected based on the conviction rates they bost about at election time. those numbers look good to the voters.

Old 11-26-2013, 01:42 AM   #77
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2415 Times on 1331 Posts
Likes Given: 333

Prosecutors prosecute. That is their job. If they think they have a chance at getting a conviction, they take it and try to crucify you. They will use everything they can down to the color of your eyes to make you look like Satan himself. It's that simple. There isn't anything you do that they won't try to twist around to use against you.

And at the end of the day even if they lose, a lot of them will smile, shake your hand and tell you what a good job you did. Because it's all just another day at work to them.

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Last edited by DeltaF; 11-26-2013 at 01:45 AM.
opaww Likes This 
Old 11-28-2013, 04:51 PM   #78

Likes Given: 2

Delta F has it right on, the da in my trial used everything he could ie. my internet posts on numerous forums, my Bible, my holster, the gun was never un holstered but he made a point that it was loaded with hollow points to full capacity.. If you are interested the trial just google Mtn Jack and gun. Mtn Jack

Old 11-28-2013, 04:54 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnJack View Post
Delta F has it right on, the da in my trial used everything he could ie. my internet posts on numerous forums, my Bible, my holster, the gun was never un holstered but he made a point that it was loaded with hollow points to full capacity.. If you are interested the trial just google Mtn Jack and gun. Mtn Jack
what were you charged with and the circumstances of being charged with what you were charged with?

Old 11-29-2013, 02:34 AM   #80

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

I didn't read it all but that is a lot of interesting stuff (stuff was my 2nd choice of words).

Not being there I can only surmise that they - the police - will make up anything and everything they can think of to arrest, confiscate and they will stick together with their stories. What a bunch of crap!

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!