Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > gun lovers in trouble

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2012, 10:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Exclamation gun lovers in trouble

do u think the U.S would ever beable to ban guns

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-04-2012, 10:59 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6557 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

They could try, but it would backfire.
There are millions of gun owners (I think around 60 million), and even more guns. They would never be able to get all of them. At the first signs of a ban, many of us would hide our guns for the future, many of us would give who ever came to get the guns a bullet insted, and we could/would start a civil war for the right to keep them (because without the 2nd Amendment, we could eventually lose the rest of our rights). Despite what the Gov. wants you to think, we DO NOT serve them, They ARE SUPPOSED TO SERVE US.
Plus, many of the military/LEOs would side with us if this ever happened.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 02-04-2012 at 11:02 PM.

Old 02-04-2012, 11:04 PM   #3

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alijandro
do u think the U.S would ever beable to ban guns
..........nope

Old 02-04-2012, 11:07 PM   #4

Likes Given: 1

Sworn to uphold and defend the constitution, against all enemies, foreign and domestic...

EXPENDABLE

Old 02-04-2012, 11:07 PM   #5

Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4283

Molon labe

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 02-04-2012, 11:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent
Molon labe
Amen brother.

Old 02-04-2012, 11:20 PM   #7

Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

They can try. And they might even succeed. But it will cost them dearly. It will cost everyone dearly.

Old 02-04-2012, 11:23 PM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

No, I don't, with one qualification.

In spite of the continued push by the liberal anti-gun movements, the fact is that public opinion in this country is becoming more and more pro gun. 49 of the 50 states now have CCW, and the people have seen for themselves that all the doomsday predictions the anti-gunners made just haven't come true. Too many people have now seen the simple truth with their own eyes that the "More guns mean more crime" argument is BS. In fact, the opposite has proven true. The average John Doe now knows that a law abiding citizen with a gun is not a threat to them, and they are becoming increasingly comfortable with the idea of living around people who carry guns. The first time Missouri tried to pass its CCW law it was voted down. The second time it passed fairly easily. I think if you put it to a vote today it would receive overwhelming support. So no, I don't think the government could ever get a complete gun ban through like they did in Australia....legally.

However, if you subscribe to some of the conspiracy theories, one of the popular ones states that when Obama spends the U.S. into an economic disaster and things go to hell, with riots like they've had in other countries, then Obama would use the opportunity to declare martial law and order the public at large to be disarmed "for the public good". A national version of what New Orleans did after Katrina, seizing private guns. And I know many will say that will lead to civil war and/or rebellion...."You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers" and all that. But when it happened in New Orleans, very few resisted. Most just gave up their guns. It's one thing to say you'll go out fighting, but its another when you find yourself actually face to face with a dozen heavily armed cops or soldiers. Especially when going out in a blaze of glory may mean leaving a wife and family behind to fend for themselves. Could this scenario happen? I wouldn't put it past Obama for a second.

Last edited by Paladin201; 02-04-2012 at 11:25 PM.

Old 02-04-2012, 11:36 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin201
No, I don't, with one qualification.

In spite of the continued push by the liberal anti-gun movements, the fact is that public opinion in this country is becoming more and more pro gun. 49 of the 50 states now have CCW, and the people have seen for themselves that all the doomsday predictions the anti-gunners made just haven't come true. Too many people have now seen the simple truth with their own eyes that the "More guns mean more crime" argument is BS. In fact, the opposite has proven true. The average John Doe now knows that a law abiding citizen with a gun is not a threat to them, and they are becoming increasingly comfortable with the idea of living around people who carry guns. The first time Missouri tried to pass its CCW law it was voted down. The second time it passed fairly easily. I think if you put it to a vote today it would receive overwhelming support. So no, I don't think the government could ever get a complete gun ban through like they did in Australia....legally.

However, if you subscribe to some of the conspiracy theories, one of the popular ones states that when Obama spends the U.S. into an economic disaster and things go to hell, with riots like they've had in other countries, then Obama would use the opportunity to declare martial law and order the public at large to be disarmed "for the public good". A national version of what New Orleans did after Katrina, seizing private guns. And I know many will say that will lead to civil war and/or rebellion...."You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers" and all that. But when it happened in New Orleans, very few resisted. Most just gave up their guns. It's one thing to say you'll go out fighting, but its another when you find yourself actually face to face with a dozen heavily armed cops or soldiers. Especially when going out in a blaze of glory may mean leaving a wife and family behind to fend for themselves. Could this scenario happen? I wouldn't put it past Obama for a second.
I don't disagree "wholesale" with your argument, but Katrina as an example is a flawed premise. I say that because by the time the disarming took place, it was primarily just the helpless and the very poor remaining in the city. People who couldn't even get out of the storms path for a few days, much less mount any kind of coordinated protest.

It would be a different story had they been dealing with NOLA as a whole, or other people, more in a position to resist.

That's not to say that they wouldn't try.

Old 02-04-2012, 11:40 PM   #10

it could cause a civil war "agian" and with everyone resisting they would have to use guns themselves prooving them hipocrits plus they would lose any way