Gun control under the radar - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gun control under the radar

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2011, 07:25 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
fireguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Wichita,Kansas
Posts: 1,853
Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhill View Post
Just curious but if this did go through and hypothetically an order was passed out to collect and destroy all firearms from civilains who do you think would have to do the actual task of collecting. do they think everyone will just voluntarily give them up? and do you believe the national guard/military/local law enforcement will go door to door or store to store to collect the weapons?
I personally think that more than 25% of gun owners would turn theirs in voluntarily. My impression is that at least that many would think that it was only right to obey such a scheme.
As far as confiscation, my feeling is that it would be the feds, it would be their regs that are bein enforced. Probably BATFE and maybe Homeland Security involved. If BATFE is allowed to confiscate all the 4473's we who have paper on our firearms are in trouble. I'm lucky in that I know my county sheriff very well and know that he is a strong supporter of 2A and wouldn't have anything to do with a stunt like that.
__________________
fireguy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:59 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Rick1967's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Clifton,Colorado
Posts: 4,381
Liked 2015 Times on 1110 Posts
Likes Given: 1346

Default

I have several friends in law enforcement. They love their jobs. But not enough to go door to door. They have been very clear about that. There would be massive defection. I am sure it would be the same in the military.
Look around. Third world country's militaries are refusing to fire on their own people. I don't believe for a second that it would happen here.

__________________

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Rick1967 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:51 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
CA357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 19,871
Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Default

Rope, tree, politician. Some assembly required.

__________________
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams
CA357 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 02:01 AM   #14
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Bigcountry02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southwest
Posts: 6,627
Liked 2018 Times on 1181 Posts
Likes Given: 4293

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I have several friends in law enforcement. They love their jobs. But not enough to go door to door. They have been very clear about that. There would be massive defection. I am sure it would be the same in the military.
Look around. Third world country's militaries are refusing to fire on their own people. I don't believe for a second that it would happen here.
Plus, alot of military, law enforcement and federal agents have personal weapons, do you think they will turn in their weapons or even follow orders? I do not think so; but, some are sleepie!
__________________
Bigcountry02 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 02:15 AM   #15
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lake Havasu,Arizona
Posts: 6,568
Liked 2374 Times on 1282 Posts
Likes Given: 682

Default

The Chinese would be quite willing to help BO out under the guise of the United Nations. They fired on their own people and would be quite happy to fire on us. If BO gets another term and makes it to 2016, he will be the Secretary General of the United Nations and our sovereignty will be gone along with our freedom. I was telling people this would happen before he was elected but I guess I sounded like Chicken Little and maybe still do but I have been right so far. My wife and her twin sister have not spoken to each other since BO was elected.

__________________

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.

JTJ is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 05:23 AM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sierra Vista,AZ
Posts: 89
Default

Mags, bullets, primers, powder, and store bought ammo ARE NOT covered by the second.
Remember years ago when the cigarette TAX was going to pay for all of our federal health care we use because we smoke.
KOOLS cost 75.00 a carton or so in Arizona in local stores.
On the border, we pay 22.00 a carton and do the "walk around", in and out of Mexico and avoid the tax.
O'Bama could place a similar tax on bullets, primers, powder, guns, store bought ammo knowing this would drive many people out of buisness, something he does not mind doing, look at oil industry.
They HAVE DONE it already with items they don't agree with that ARE perfectly legal.
Avoids going after the "guns" but has the same effect in the long run.
Sugestion: Buy your mags, powder, primers, bullets, and store bought ammo now while you can.
The loonies are still in charge.

__________________

You may find me dead in a ditch one day, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass!

yellowhand is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 05:29 AM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Posts: 24,301
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default

Well we got a 10% additional tax on tanning due to the POTUS, so I am not putting anything past them.

Why do I know that? We are going back to Isle Mujueres in 6 weeks and I don't want to burn.

Having said that, there will be no move against 2A until after the 2012 election results are announced.

Once again, 2012 SHOULD BE the year of ZERO INCUMBENTS!!

JD

__________________
Dillinger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 05:32 AM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Scratchammo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Memphis,The volunteer state
Posts: 1,471
Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 160

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
Mags, bullets, primers, powder, and store bought ammo ARE NOT covered by the second.
Remember years ago when the cigarette TAX was going to pay for all of our federal health care we use because we smoke.
KOOLS cost 75.00 a carton or so in Arizona in local stores.
On the border, we pay 22.00 a carton and do the "walk around", in and out of Mexico and avoid the tax.
O'Bama could place a similar tax on bullets, primers, powder, guns, store bought ammo knowing this would drive many people out of buisness, something he does not mind doing, look at oil industry.
They HAVE DONE it already with items they don't agree with that ARE perfectly legal.
Avoids going after the "guns" but has the same effect in the long run.
Sugestion: Buy your mags, powder, primers, bullets, and store bought ammo now while you can.
The loonies are still in charge.
That's why a firearm inventory isn't complete without at least one black powder weapon. Mine is an 1858 with homemade ammo as shown on my avatar. The libtards can't outlaw lead or fireworks.
__________________

"THE SIERRA JUST HOTEL TANGO FOXTROT -OVER"

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Scratchammo is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 05:49 AM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sierra Vista,AZ
Posts: 89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchammo View Post
That's why a firearm inventory isn't complete without at least one black powder weapon. Mine is an 1858 with homemade ammo as shown on my avatar. The libtards can't outlaw lead or fireworks.
got one revolver and one .50 rifle, both new, never fired, and BOTH black powder along with caps, molds and several pounds of powder
__________________

You may find me dead in a ditch one day, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass!

yellowhand is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 06:17 AM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Scratchammo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Memphis,The volunteer state
Posts: 1,471
Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 160

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
got one revolver and one .50 rifle, both new, never fired, and BOTH black powder along with caps, molds and several pounds of powder
That's what I'm talking about
__________________

"THE SIERRA JUST HOTEL TANGO FOXTROT -OVER"

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Scratchammo is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Radical anti-gun candidate flying under radar in Virginia special election Ezliving Legal and Activism 4 02-28-2010 03:54 PM
HR 45 Blair Holt. Obamas under the radar GUN CONTROLE R 305 The Club House 5 06-09-2009 07:11 PM
HR 45 Blair Holt. Obamas under the radar GUN CONTROLE R 305 Politics, Religion and Controversy 3 06-08-2009 10:06 PM
Obama on Gun Control, McCain on Gun Control tracker Legal and Activism 8 06-23-2008 02:00 AM