You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Is gun control racist?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2012, 12:46 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 217 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 116

From what I've seen gun control is completely ineffective on criminals. They always seem to get their hands on guns in the end.
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 07-29-2012, 01:50 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1829 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 325

Historical gun control has always be racist based... however, today, it's about control.

Old 07-29-2012, 02:01 AM   #13

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I think some of the questions you are asked when purchasing a firearm do come off as racist! WTF does it matter and why do they even ask? I consider the people that own firearms legally and can purchase them part of a seperate group reguardless of their race or color. If you can legally buy a gun you`re a good guy and if you cant you`re prolly not( I know there are exceptions and good people make bad decsions that have long term negative effects).

Badshot

Old 07-29-2012, 02:11 AM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7380 Times on 3940 Posts
Likes Given: 584

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
Those are just rules laid down by idiots who care about political correctness. No thinking person objects to discussing or arguing based on facts.

As for your question - is gun control racist - on the face, it is not. It does not apply only to one race and not to another. But under the surface, the end result might seem to indicate it is. The majority of folks of African descent live in urban centers. Those are the areas most likely to have strict gun control and they are the areas that see the most violent crime. Most violent crimes are perpetrated by black folks on black folks. So is deliberately preventing good, decent black folks the means to defend themselves in their best interests, or is it a method legislators use to reduce the population of African Americans?

(Tangential note: one might ask the same question of abortion, given the disproportionate rate of child murders by black moms.)

Your question is precisely the sort of question that should be asked by a liberty-loving American running for office because there is no way to defend the argument for gun control and not appear racist, using the rules of engagement idiots who embrace political correctness routinely use. Unfortunately, the handlers of those running for office would never permit such a question to be asked, and no candidate with the balls to force the issue would be allowed to rise to be a real contender in a high-stakes campaign.

the stated goal by the founder of planned parenthood that the liberals love was to abort as many black babies as possible in hopes of eliminating the black race.

during the open floor debate on conceal carry in wisconsin a prominent member of the democrat party got up and spoke. he said that ccw must not pass because it would put more guns in the hands of black people. this was only 1 year ago not 1957...

every black member of the wisconsin legislature voted in favor of ccw nearly every white democrat voted no on ccw...

so yes gun control is racist as it is the stated goal in the past since before the civil war to keep guns out of the hands black people just as gun control is designed today to keep guns out of the hands of black people.

i think it is waaaay past time we took a page out of the jesse jackson book and played some race cards.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 07-29-2012, 02:36 AM   #15
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9095 Times on 5278 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Not only are gun control laws racist, they also discriminate against the poor. Gun control laws tend to push prices up, at least here in CA that happens. Add to that the additional costs to get a handgun safety certificate, the price of ammunition and the proposed taxes on it. Definitely discriminates against the poor.
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 07-29-2012, 04:04 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 11591 Times on 6136 Posts
Likes Given: 11246

I've never seen this question asked on a gun forum before. I was almost afraid to ask it becauase I feared the wrath of forum administrators.

Thank God I was wrong about that!

"For your tomorrow, we gave our today."

Old 07-29-2012, 04:07 AM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7380 Times on 3940 Posts
Likes Given: 584

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
I've never seen this question asked on a gun forum before. I was almost afraid to ask it becauase I feared the wrath of forum administrators.

dont worry we are keeping an eye on it so it doesnt turn into a racial rant thread. it is a touchy topic but as long as people stay on topic it shouldnt be a problem
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 07-29-2012, 04:25 AM   #18
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22400 Times on 12495 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
More than 80 percent of violent crimes in this countery are commited by two minority groups that comprise less than 25 percent of the population.

Are gun control laws designed to protect minority criminals from their intended victims?

What do you think? Is support for gun control a form of racism?
Quote:

gun control is racist, and the race they are trying to control is the gun owner!

Old 07-29-2012, 04:49 AM   #19

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
More than 80 percent of violent crimes in this countery are commited by two minority groups that comprise less than 25 percent of the population.

Are gun control laws designed to protect minority criminals from their intended victims?

What do you think? Is support for gun control a form of racism?
The be very frank, yes, gun control is a form of racism!

Most of the time, the gun grabbers will project the breach of regulations (no matter what the outcome is) onto all legal gun owners.
So when (speaking for gemany) some idiot takes his legally owned firearm and kills somebody, for what reason ever, the gungrabbers will automatically tell anybody, that all legal gun owners are potentially dangerous. Are potential school shooters, train professional killers, etc.

But funilly enough (actually it`s not funny), when some idiot falls out of the bar, gets in his car, drives away and causes a crash under influence of alcohol, nobody will stand uo and say: All car owners are potential drunk drivers!
And accidents under influence of alcohol is one the main causes for death in traffic and causes more dead people (including many, many, many children) that legally owned firearms in the last 20 years.

One of the gungrabbers here in germany, set up a statistic stating that in the last 20 years approx. 130 people have died through legally owned firearms in germany and because of that huge danger, all firearms should be banned from private homes.
Statistically in the same time range approx. 6800 people have died in cause of people driving intoxicated. That is 52 times more people, that by legal firearms, but nobody is aksing for a total ban of alcohol.

So, that puts it to the point, where the death of a human being through the one way is socially accepted (funnily enough it`s the one with the most victims) and the other way is socially not accepted.
People Like This 
Old 07-29-2012, 08:39 AM   #20
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22400 Times on 12495 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Kdog, it has always been easier for the anti gun nuts to condemn a firearm rather than the person who used the firearm. do they blame the car when a drunk driver kills someone? no they blame the drunk. do they blame drownings on the pools? no they don't. so we need to ban just about anything that we come in contact with as it could probably kill us or someone else.

funny thing is, anyone with some common sense can tell you, that to blame an inanimate objects is simply foolish and without reasoning. a gun in the hands of a bad person, intent on doing evil is bad, but the same gun in the hands of a good person who uses it with care and safety is a good thing.

what we need is criminal control, not gun control. until the legislaters clamp down on criminal reform and make the criminals pay for their criminal behavour, we will have plenty of resistance in regard to gun control laws. stiffer penalties and punishment for repeat offenders and harsher penalties for first time offenders. put the rights back where they belong, with the law abiding citizen, and not by coddling the criminals. the criminals have had their way for way too long.