Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Is gun control racist?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2012, 04:05 AM   #111
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7725 Times on 4459 Posts
Likes Given: 9957

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
I am an actual Libertarian as I would say my political party is the Libertarian party, my views would not be saying that we should not have a military, mine would be that we should not start wars unless they are actually necessary, such as WWII, and end the wars in the middle east. However I do not believe in the war on drugs because the government should not tell anyone what to do, but if they think they will get any government benefits, then they are crazy. I don't believe in gun control. I believe that gay marriage should be legal. I also don't believe in deficit spending, or government benefits except those to Veterans. And I don't believe in income tax. My views would be more along the lines of Ron Paul and Gary Johnson.
That is more like the general libertarian beliefs, or at least mine (more or less). I could add to it my thoughts on it but I think this will suffice.

Old 09-10-2012, 05:24 AM   #112
Mommy, who lights the sun?
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1669 Times on 1016 Posts
Likes Given: 1976

Gun control is racist. Period.

John Lott's book "More Guns, Less Crime" provides extensive statistical demonstration of this fact. His statistics are not based on a tiny, carefully selected set of information (like most gun control studies). His statistics are based on the largest available database relating to gun usage and crime.

He shows repeatedly that increased gun ownership by LACs provides a deterrent effect on violent crime. This effect occurs for the population as a whole and for each and every subgroup, men/women/children, young/middle-aged/old, black/white/hispanic/etc. The largest statistical reduction in violent crime due to gun ownership is found for blacks in the inner city.

And yet, many of the largest cities (New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, need I go on?) still deny their people the RKBA.

Is gun control racist? Yes, yes it is.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-10-2012, 05:34 AM   #113
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19789 Times on 11235 Posts
Likes Given: 49869

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
Gun control is racist. Period.

John Lott's book "More Guns, Less Crime" provides extensive statistical demonstration of this fact. His statistics are not based on a tiny, carefully selected set of information (like most gun control studies). His statistics are based on the largest available database relating to gun usage and crime.

He shows repeatedly that increased gun ownership by LACs provides a deterrent effect on violent crime. This effect occurs for the population as a whole and for each and every subgroup, men/women/children, young/middle-aged/old, black/white/hispanic/etc. The largest statistical reduction in violent crime due to gun ownership is found for blacks in the inner city.

And yet, many of the largest cities (New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, need I go on?) still deny their people the RKBA.

Is gun control racist? Yes, yes it is.
is gun control racist? yes it is and i agree, and the race they are trying to control is the law abiding gun owner, regardless of sex, race or age.

well said Balota!

Old 09-11-2012, 10:35 PM   #114

Liked 2436 Times on 1388 Posts
Likes Given: 1909

Well, if GC is racist, it's got plenty of company.

So is the POTUS, everybody who voted for him,

and everybody who didn't.

What's the point here? Reverse -racism?

Gun-control as a miserably, if generally

unrecognized, failed social experiment?

What's the pinnacle of this dialogue?

Because the obvious has been breached,

and beaten to death.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:47 PM   #115

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Here in NC people like William Barber (NAACP Leader) are the biggest fans of gun control. If gun control is racist why do minorities want it so badly? You never see the bastardized white male on TV asking for gun control on a local level. The only gun control "Bubba" wants is to be able to hit his target.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:27 AM   #116
Mommy, who lights the sun?

Liked 1669 Times on 1016 Posts
Likes Given: 1976

Why do minorities want it so badly? Damned if I know. They do seem to follow the Democrat platform. Maybe that's part of it, but there must be more to it.

McDonald v Chicago was about a black man who lived in a bad neighborhood. That case led SCOTUS to incorporation of 2A to the States, Illinois in particular. Despite his SCOTUS decision, he still can't carry.

Inner city dwellers in general and blacks there in particular have the most to gain (safety, reduced violent crime, etc) from INCREASED GUN OWNERSHIP.

The world wonders!

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/