Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gun Control Laws: Where Common Sense Is Not So Common, an Officer’s Perspective

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2012, 11:16 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

Default Gun Control Laws: Where Common Sense Is Not So Common, an Officer’s Perspective

http://circlethewagons.net/2012/07/31/gun-control-laws-where-common-sense-is-not-so-common-an-officer%E2%80%99s-perspective/

Quote:
Every time a tragic event transpires in this country involving a firearm, the talking heads in the media go crazy. This, in return, fires up the anti-gun activist which results in politicians crying out for yet another gun law. After all, something must be done right? How could such a horrible event have taken place? There must be something done to prevent this from ever happening again. Sound familiar? It should, because this gets repeated like a bad episode of Cops late into the night over and over again despite how many years have gone by.

Read full story at link.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-02-2012, 11:56 AM   #2
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4568 Times on 2295 Posts
Likes Given: 4712

What a well thought out article, so many of the things we have all said and thought precisely qualified by experience. I guess sensibility and reasoning arent dead after all. How do we get that back into Washington and our Capitals?

Interesting that Americans would never accept only 2 choices in anything but our Government. Could you imagine the day when we only had Two Baseball Teams, Restaurant Chains, Sodas, Beers, Cars, Cellphones, Guns, Flowers, Coffee's...? No way thats going to happen is it? Why the "F" do we think 2 Political Parties have any chance of protecting our common rights, responsibilities and freedoms?

Think about it for a second, One party says its OK to chop a baby up alive 5 Months after fertilization at the same time they fight to get another baby just like it the best free healthcare a Premature Baby can get without restriction. The other Party says a woman should have zero choice unless she is raped, is a victim of incest or will die from giving birth and then says they won't fund birth control, education on STD's or pregnancy prevention in schools and health plans.

The reason we cant get it right is because America has become a 50/50 Nation Polarized and activated by terms like Left and Right and marginalized by an even more destructive terms like compromise and Bi-Partisan support. Lines drawn in the sand (so they can erase them without us knowing), Republicrat Biparts on one side or another of the "Isle" (more like a cesspool and were in it) and a ringleader called POTUS that chooses to serve the "Constituency" (Big money Donators) before the common needs of all of "We the People".

Two Parties own the voices of this Nation when most of us truly cannot or don't relate to either one with any predictable regularity. America is a circle not a line, a Venn Diagram not a simple Bar Chart, our personal data is not ubiquitous only our laws are. We are not Digital, all or nothing, this or that, one or another. Were an Analog Nation of Mongrels with nothing truly in common but our one overriding sense of connectivity via The Constitution Of The United States Of America.

The biggest Problem We Have Is The Democrat and Republican Parties! Hands down, they have modified, reduced, increased and destroyed anything they felt would help them stay in power! 100% Republi-Crat Bi-Part BS!

Old 08-02-2012, 12:00 PM   #3

Liked 34 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Good read I enjoyed it.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:00 PM   #4

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
The biggest Problem We Have Is The Democrat and Republican Parties! Hands down, they have modified, reduced, increased and destroyed anything they felt would help them stay in power!
Our founding fathers never wanted a two party system of government.

John Adams said: "There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution."

George Washington agreed, saying in his farewell presidential speech: "The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism."

Great article gunnut07. It should be sent to every news commentator. I'll be sending it to some of them.

Don <><

John 14:6 I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Last edited by genesis; 08-02-2012 at 01:07 PM.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:55 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1088 Times on 535 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Excellent read, and I have passed it on to some others. Some that agree with it and some that don't.

Sadly, most that don't will not have their minds changed by this. My 30 year old son won't and neither would my late Father have.

If it changes one mind it is worh it though.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:12 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 685 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1019

Thank you I received this in an email about a week ago. Great info.

Old 08-05-2012, 02:13 PM   #7

Liked 1766 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post

Think about it for a second, One party says its OK to chop a baby up alive 5 Months after fertilization at the same time they fight to get another baby just like it the best free healthcare a Premature Baby can get without restriction. The other Party says a woman should have zero choice unless she is raped, is a victim of incest or will die from giving birth and then says they won't fund birth control, education on STD's or pregnancy prevention in schools and health plans.

Why should I pay for someones else's birth control? If you can't afford your own birth control keep it your pants.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:17 PM   #8

Liked 54 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Short sighted thought. If you don't pay the pennies for birth control now, you will pay the tens of thousands of dollars it takes to raise and educate a kid. You don't need to look far to find a welfare mom with a litter that we are paying for.

USAF 77-99
MAC trained killer

Old 08-05-2012, 04:45 PM   #9
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4568 Times on 2295 Posts
Likes Given: 4712

TRDRDUCK, you took the words right out of my mouth. I would rather invest in inexpensive birth control than pay for the unwanted pregnancies or abortions that result from them. Like it or not, we do pay for it one way or another, Which one makes more sense to you?

Just peek at the Jerry Springer attitude of fire and forget that leaves us with 10,000 unwanted, fatherless and sometimes Motherless Babies yearly in the Social Support System.

Besides RJ, I wasnt stating "My opinion", just showing how far apart the big two are on the exact same subjects and their solutions. Were all citizens first, LEO's, SM"s, even Republi-Crats but thats where we diverge, right along party lines.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:39 PM   #10

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts

The guy who shoot up that town in CO.is going to be found crazy as to not go to trial - they should changed the law so a crazy person and a sane person who kill pay with their LIFE. I dont think that killing them would fall under the 8th A Libs will try but the price must be paid.