gun control with insurance and taxes - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > gun control with insurance and taxes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 11:31 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Look to the UK if you want an example of gun control by stealth (As well as obstructive laws). The absolute ludicrous performance we have to go through to acquire a firearm would stun you all. apart from all the law, which I won't bore you all with, as we have some of the most restrictive gun laws in the world, the side lines in obstruction are amazing. If I want to buy a new firearm and I haven't got a space on my firearms licence (we have to provide a 'good reason' to own every firearm. Self defence is categorically prohibited as a 'good reason' except in Northern Ireland for some reason ) I have to apply for a slot, which requires me to submit in full an application for every firearm I currently own as well as a new one. This can take up to a couple of months to sort out.

I can buy a limited quantity of ammunition, usually 200 for centrefire, and 500 for rimfire. and keep only a limited quantity, usually 250 for centrefire, 600 for rimfire. Exceed this and I commit a criminal offence which will almost certainly mean my firearms licence will be revoked. If I want to purchase expanding ammunition, that requires a separate authorisation, which you won't get unless you prove you are hunting. Getting permission to hunt here is not easy, as there ain't that much land. And any land has to be 'cleared' by the police as suitable for the calibre requested, unless you have an 'open' firearms licence, which is granted usually to someone who has hunted for five years (the duration of a firearms certificate) without incident.

It get's difficult if you want two rifles of the same calibre. If I have a 10/22, for instance to use in club comps, and want another semi auto, I have to find a separate reason, such as hunting with a night sight, as I already have my 'good reason' filled by the 10/22. We have to be very creative if we want to gather any quantity of arms. Of course, all pistols are banned in UK (Except for Northern Ireland, for some reason )

Just about every UK shooter knows someone who has abandoned the sport because of the PITA procedures and paperwork. I've barely scratched the surface of the situation here. Overall, just about every aspect of firearms ownership is subject to endless obstruction from the administration. Interestingly, the very same administrators who, if they had done their job properly, would have prevented all but one of the major shooting spree incidents that have been used to justify our onerous firearms laws.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:37 AM   #12

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

If guns were insured, licensed, and plated like that of a vehicle, it might put a crippling effect on ownership.

Old 08-11-2012, 12:33 PM   #13
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6960 Times on 3504 Posts
Likes Given: 7567

Anyone have a doggy? Guess what, your homeowners insurance can tax you for that! If it werent sanctioned by our government, they couldnt charge us extra to have a pet! Firearms are the next Insurance company Elephant in the room, if you own them, you are gonna have to have insurance at some point and the way things are going, it will be sooner, not later.

Do you think its gonna be cheap and reasonable to cover yourself for owning a firearm? The possibilities of damage, death and injury make it a lucrative tax, after all, once insured, its a goldmine and if you hurt yourself or someone else with one, the cost will be huge therefor the premiums for coverage are gonna be huge also!

Doctors, Lawyers and their focus groups hate firearms and lobby against them every day, why dont they do the same with cars that kill so many more each day than privately owned guns do each month?

UK Shootist is a voice we should listen to closely. His country is the epitome of FOOG Policy and law. Their Politi-crats have removed all possibility of their citizens ever becoming adults. No matter what the choice is, you gotta ask the Queen and her Henchmen for permission.

I have chatted with a semi famous gentleman in England that has one of the most complete collections of Webley Fosberry Pistols in the world. He's been collecting most of his life and was at one time a Semi Professional Bisley shooter on a regular basis. He no longer shoots; all of his Webley's sit silent in safes and showcases and he has reluctantly come to accept of that fact. Never again will his collection be anything but a museum.

We are way too close to that folks, so close you couldnt imagine. If Mr Milner can go from avid shooter enthusiast to archivist in 30 years time, why wouldnt we think it could happen here?

Last edited by WebleyFosbery38; 08-11-2012 at 12:48 PM.

Old 08-11-2012, 05:41 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
If Mr Milner can go from avid shooter enthusiast to archivist in 30 years time, why wouldnt we think it could happen here?
Don't forget, my ancestors (and maybe yours too) either left or were kicked out of all those decent, serf-filled countries with all that "successful" gun control.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.