gun control with insurance and taxes
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > gun control with insurance and taxes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2012, 03:35 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 64 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default gun control with insurance and taxes

just posing a scenario. Been trying to think like a gun hating politicians, trying to get around the 2nd amendment in order to ban gun ownership. I think I figured out how they are going to do it. They will use the IRS taxation and insurance, they will not out law guns they will just pass mandatory insurance laws that will make it too expensive for the average gun owners to afford to do so. It will be just like Obama care you will have to buy liability insurance in order to own a gun. And if you don't buy the insurance you will have to pay a fee/tax. I can just see the pitch every one should have insurance in case of a mishap and someone gets killed or injured by your gun. What responsible gun owner wouldn't want that. but heres the problem. if every gun owner is required to have lets say 1 million dollars liability insurance, it will open a flood gate of law suits because the slip and fall lawyers going to see the dollars signs every time theres a shooting no matter how justified. then theres the cost of it. lets say the average cost is 100 a year. and then if i made the law i would not allow multiple gun to be covered by just one policy. so the cost goes up per gun I have 7, 3 hand gun and 4 rifles that would be 7 insurance policies times 7. thats 700 a year and that assuming the policy is only 100 a year I pay a lot more for auto insurance and that doesn't cover anywhere near one million. and of course if you don't buy the mandatory insurance you will be hit with a tax by the IRS and just think what would happen if you don't pay them.

Last edited by c3shooter; 08-06-2012 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Dude- use the spell checker!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-06-2012, 09:05 AM   #2
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Sure, after Obamacare the government can mandate a level of training that is unnecessary and expensive (overseen by government employees, of course), insurance for owning firearms - several million dollars per firearm to cover you in the event someone is hurt or killed by your firearm, and so on.

While this is possible, it's probably not likely even if Obama gets another four years. Never say never, though; anything is possible these days.

Old 08-06-2012, 09:51 AM   #3

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

like bkt said, thanks to the SCOTUS the Fed's can tax us just about any way they choose

want to buy a Beta mag? sure, only $239 at CheaperthanDirt ..... plus $1000 TAX!
want a Ergo pistol grip? sure, only $19 at BravoCompany .... plus $1000 TAX!
want a Vortex flash suppressor? sure, only $60 at Midway .... don't forget that $1000TAX!

not only Obama ... but at least 2/3'ds of the Congress needs to be laid off as well come Nov 12'!

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 08-06-2012, 12:12 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8828 Times on 3821 Posts
Likes Given: 1365

Robert- welcome to the forum- when you get a minute, drop by the intro thread and say howdy. You DO have a very good point- a lot of stuff starts in a roundabout way. They got Al Capone on income tax evasion- and the FBI went after John Dilllinger for interstate transportation of a stolen car.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 08-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertusa123 View Post
just posing a scenario. Been trying to think like a gun hating politicians, trying to get around the 2nd amendment in order to ban gun ownership. I think I figured out how they are going to do it. They will use the IRS taxation and insurance, they will not out law guns they will just pass mandatory insurance laws that will make it too expensive for the average gun owners to afford to do so. It will be just like Obama care you will have to buy liability insurance in order to own a gun. And if you don't buy the insurance you will have to pay a fee/tax. I can just see the pitch every one should have insurance in case of a mishap and someone gets killed or injured by your gun. What responsible gun owner wouldn't want that. but heres the problem. if every gun owner is required to have lets say 1 million dollars liability insurance, it will open a flood gate of law suits because the slip and fall lawyers going to see the dollars signs every time theres a shooting no matter how justified. then theres the cost of it. lets say the average cost is 100 a year. and then if i made the law i would not allow multiple gun to be covered by just one policy. so the cost goes up per gun I have 7, 3 hand gun and 4 rifles that would be 7 insurance policies times 7. thats 700 a year and that assuming the policy is only 100 a year I pay a lot more for auto insurance and that doesn't cover anywhere near one million. and of course if you don't buy the mandatory insurance you will be hit with a tax by the IRS and just think what would happen if you don't pay them.

There is another way currently being considered by the United Nations, thanks largely to Hilary Clinton & Barack Obama, that gives them the option to declare a global ban on ammo. Thereby negating the usefulness of firearms.

Old 08-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #6

Liked 163 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Way ahead of you on this one, I received a email about 2 years ago that had a clip of the Obama care act verbiage. It stated that owning a firearm disqualified you from having health insurance, as well as smoking, so you would be subject to the fines and penalties for not having insurance.

I could not find it anywhere but that email, so I do not know if it is true or B/S. I still have not found anything on guns in the Obama care, or anything that makes any sense at all for that much. There is also supposed to be a section requiring the IRS to have ALL banking information and access to your accounts, under the slow or non payment clause. Guess the to big to fail banks will go under pretty quick then as I will only deal with cash at this point.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 08-06-2012, 04:42 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5692 Times on 3217 Posts
Likes Given: 5085

Sorry I can't remember the state, but there was one of the NE states about 20 years ago, where a state legislator introduced a bill that would have required a 40 hour training course in the safery, use and legality of handguns every year, and a 20 hour course every year for rifles and shotguns.

These courses would have been conducted by the state police at the police academy once a year.
No fee was specified, but you can imagine what it would have been.
Of course it was laughed out of committee back then, but today it just might be taken seriously.

Again, they know they can't outlaw guns. But they can regulate them out of existance.

Many EU countries have done exactly this. The rich can still have their lawyers do the paperwork and get the permits for exorbitant fees, but middle class "Joe lunchbox" types just can't own a gun.

It isn't illegal for "Joe Lunchbox" to own a gun, he just can't afford the permit fees, and/or so-called "training" requirements.

Keep a sharp eye out for "reasonable" safety proposals.

Winston Churchill

Old 08-06-2012, 05:06 PM   #8

Liked 4782 Times on 2313 Posts
Likes Given: 1473

The potential scams are endless and mind numbing...to dwel on them before there proposed is pointless.

Ultimately, nothing short of a second civil war will restore and guarantee liberty be it guns or any other encroached upon freedom.

All of us have already decided that the current status quo is acceptable so the only question is...what would it take to push you beyond peaceful acceptance and into violent opposition?

Mandatory Registration?
Mandatory Confiscation?
Excessive Taxation?
Imprisonment for Violations?

If you answered yes to any of the above your either a hippocrite or a coward.

Many of our fellow citizens already live under these abuses of our liberty so if not already acting...your blowing hot air.

Tack

Old 08-06-2012, 08:04 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

The feds can make whatever laws they want; i've complied with all i plan to. More laws = more criminals.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 08-06-2012, 09:05 PM   #10

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

the only problem is................ALL OF US COMING TOGETHER AS ONE UNIT AND NOT GETTIN TAKEN OUT BY THE MILITARY (OR MERCS) IN SMALL, UNORGANIZED, ROUST-ABOUT GANGS.

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me