Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gun control failed in congress. It's happening anyway

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #81
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5611 Times on 2775 Posts
Likes Given: 5976

Its interesting to note that most Democrats in NY State that Own Firearms and support the 2A DONT AGREE WITH CHAINFIRE. One of my dearest friends (a lifelong Dem) is giving up half of his collection to his Daughter in New Hampshire because Andy outlawed them! He's angry as hell and he's got allot of like-minded friends in the same boat! The Black Gun Ban has happened here and the HIGH Cap limit, add 15 other Fettering clauses and our 2A has literally been confiscated FOOG!

3 wealthy counties out of the entire state of New York agree with the safe act, 95% have gone on the record as 100% opposed to anything in the safe act. Upstate slept during the last election (We were idiots), were awake now and were going to vote in percentages next time that will put those below the Hudson on their knees.

CF, dipsh!t doesnt need to appeal the 2A, just let the states shoot so many holes in it the Feds will be forced to intercede FOOG!

Old 09-26-2013, 01:10 PM   #82
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1338 Times on 791 Posts
Likes Given: 3322

These are my amended thoughts as they pretain to the original post.

If you like them, fine. If not, that is also fine. We are all entitled to our opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS92A View Post
Here are a few forms of Acceptible Gun Control that none of us seem to mind:

1) Age limits on purchasing firearms.

I still have no problem with this statement. It does not prevent someone under that age from receiving them from their relatives.

2) Felons being barred from owning or possessing firearms.

I still stand by my second statement on this. White Collar crimes or non-violent crimes. When punishment is complete, rights restored.

3) Folks with specific mental problems being barred from owning or possessing firearms.

Once they have been certified by a Trained and State Certified Psychologist as having been "cured", rights restored.

4) Requiring attendence in a Firearm Training Class or providing a DD214 before getting a Carry Permit.

Or proving compentence to an NRA or Law Enforcement Instructor, then the permit can be issued. A person needs a permit to drive do they not (bad example, but you get the point).

This is my personal one; buying or selling a firearm from or to someone that I hardly know (Gun Shows) or even some family members, I am getting a background check.

I am going to check this out with my LGS before making any changes to this one.

This is about all that I can come up with since I have not had the USDA not recommended amount of coffee just yet.

Feel free to yell and scream if you like.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Last edited by TDS92A; 09-26-2013 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Needed fixed.

Old 09-26-2013, 01:20 PM   #83
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 564 Times on 331 Posts
Likes Given: 3209

Quote:

If you like them, fine. If not, that is also fine. We are all entitled to our opinion.
While I agree with almost all of this...

Driving is not a right.

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

People Like This 
Old 09-26-2013, 01:21 PM   #84
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:

Driving is a privilege, not a right. Keeping and bearing arms is a right.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:30 PM   #85
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1338 Times on 791 Posts
Likes Given: 3322

Touche'

However, considering the mentality of most of the people, it is looked upon as a right.

Poor example on my part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Driving is a privilege, not a right. Keeping and bearing arms is a right.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 09-26-2013, 02:09 PM   #86
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 564 Times on 331 Posts
Likes Given: 3209

Quote:
Touche'

However, considering the mentality of most of the people, it is looked upon as a right.

Poor example on my part.
Most people consider it a right because of the right to travel. They don't understand that the method of travel is irrelevant.

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

People Like This 
Old 09-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #87
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1740 Times on 901 Posts
Likes Given: 345

If Chainfire's goal is to get folks riled up then I'd say he's having success ~

People Like This 
Old 09-27-2013, 07:49 AM   #88
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 897 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
I read the list and I find no fault with the largest part of it. The whole premise of the article is intended for people to read the title and presume that some great gun grab has been foisted on us by the president. They depend on the tweet generation not reading the two articles to access the article accurately.

In the five years the President has been in office, I have not lost any gun rights, and I challenge anyone here to come up with any Federal legislation that has made the purchase of firearms of ammunition more difficult.

If you are upset that the President has tried to make it more difficult for felons or the mentally incompetent from legally accessing firearms, so be it. Personally I am fine with either having a more difficult time trying to arm themselves.

The "slippery-slope" and "domino theories" as applied to the present subject, lost credibility with me during the build-up to the Vietnam war.
El Presidente can't have those "dangerous" M1 rifles that we already paid for being re-imported and sold to civilians. No military in the world uses M1 rifles any more, apart from drill practice, but they must be more dangerous than I originally thought.

Apparently veterans are also quite a threat to homeland security, especially white boys like me, as opposed to all the black boys from the chief's residence in Chicago who go on nightly shooting sprees. No justice fo tha' po black folk in Shytown!

If only civilians weren't allowed to carry guns there the place would be perfectly safe... for the criminals.

The human conceptualization better known as "control" is fiction, like god or the tooth fairy. You're right, we didn't lose any gun rights, we just can't purchase our own damned rifles because of an edict he issued. I'm sure it was all "for the children"... Like abortions.

Strangely enough, we still have our current "rights" or "privileges", since they can obviously be taken away. That said, it certainly wasn't for lack of the President's trying to strip us of our arms. His failure just shows that the idea wasn't nearly as popular as he thought it was. Mostly, it's just another example of how detached he and his predecessor were from reality.

All of this "making it harder for criminals to get guns" crap surmises that they follow the law. Newsflash - They don't.

No matter how much ink you put to paper and whether or not the police are given the powers of the Stasi, criminals always have and always will commit crimes because that is their nature and that is what they do. Shocka!

I guess it matters not that more people are beaten to death every year than killed by those scary "hi-clip assault rifles".

Personally, I am incensed that the President has not actually done anything of demonstrable value to protect my children like insisting that teachers be armed or police spend more time patrolling schools than writing traffic tickets.

There is no post-mortem protection from violent criminals and ink to paper and police sitting in their cruisers writing tickets or back at the club house is not real (as in non-fictional) physical protection.

We don't need to hire more officers; We just need them to guard things that actually matter, like our children, instead of our worthless money and politicians.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:58 PM   #89

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptar19 View Post
THERE IS NO "GUN SHOW LOOPHOLE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No matter where an FFL goes, they are REQUIRED to have the purchaser fill out a 4473 and do a background check.

I should NOT have to do a background check to give a gun as a gift.
I should NOT have to do a background check to sell a gun to my buddy.
Can you please clarify precisely what you are saying. I don't want to comment until I better understand. Is this the way you feel or is this a bit of sarcasm?

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!

Old 09-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #90

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedJava
What's happening in CA and NY is not going to pass at the Federal level. While Obama is making some noise again I can't tell if he's deluded enough to try it (and I almost hope he is) or if he is still pandering to his base because he is most comfortable in campaign mode.
Obama can say and think whatever he wants. He knows - and so does everyone else - that his time in office is almost over. He doesn't need to have any concerns with whether he has followers or not at this point. He is done.

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!