Gun control failed in congress. It's happening anyway - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gun control failed in congress. It's happening anyway

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2013, 04:26 AM   #71
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

FAUSA used th Nazi's as using propaganda to their advantage. well if we go back and look at history, Hitler used gun control against the people of Germany in 1938 IIRC. Germany was in an economic mess and people were starving to death. they were willing to do just about anything to have some economic stability, even if it meant giving up some of their freedoms and rights.

propaganda is a powerful tool in the hands of those who know how to use it. Hitler knew how to use it to his advantage. Obama has done nearly the same thing. people believe what they want to when they need something bigger than theirselves to believe in. Obama is much like the rainmaker coming to a town that is reeling from a horrendous drought and the crops are all drying up and about to wither away. problem is, most rainmakers are nothing more than scammers and charletains, making huge promises with nothing delivered.

Old 09-26-2013, 04:29 AM   #72
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55
FAUSA used th Nazi's as using propaganda to their advantage. well if we go back and look at history, Hitler used gun control against the people of Germany in 1938 IIRC. Germany was in an economic mess and people were starving to death. they were willing to do just about anything to have some economic stability, even if it meant giving up some of their freedoms and rights.

propaganda is a powerful tool in the hands of those who know how to use it. Hitler knew how to use it to his advantage. Obama has done nearly the same thing. people believe what they want to when they need something bigger than theirselves to believe in. Obama is much like the rainmaker coming to a town that is reeling from a horrendous drought and the crops are all drying up and about to wither away. problem is, most rainmakers are nothing more than scammers and charletains, making huge promises with nothing delivered.
That rainmaker simile is probably the best explanation of why he was elected. Chain fire is gonna yell at us because we are "comparing Obama to hitler" isn't he?

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
People Like This 
Old 09-26-2013, 04:39 AM   #73
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
That rainmaker simile is probably the best explanation of why he was elected. Chain fire is gonna yell at us because we are "comparing Obama to hitler" isn't he?
like i care what Chainfire thinks or his opinions!

too many times, many of us have asked him to quantify his reasons for voting for Obama. nothing. many times asked direct questions about what Obama has done or not done. nothing again. about what positive changes has Obama implimented since being in office. again nothing.

Chainfire makes drive-by trollish comments, which he never has once supported when asked direct questions about his comments. not once. he will needle others with trollish remarks about their viewpoints and opinions and ask for reasoning about them, but fails in providing any that support his views.

when a person can't or won't quantify their comments or opinions, with credible sources or links, or avoids direct questions asked of them, then are their comments credible? ask yourself this, what make a person's comments or viewpoints credible? do Chainfires comments meet that criteria or burden? that's enough for me to say on the subject. i will let others draw their own conclusions about him on their own.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:39 AM   #74
I don't come with an "edit" option....
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 833 Times on 521 Posts
Likes Given: 4434

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
You don't seem to understand the point. If one is old enough to be given a gun and then how are they all of a sudden not old enough when they go to buy it.? Do they give soldiers a test before they ISSUE a weapon?
Soldiers are given weapons without ammo, and trained on how to use them, before they are given ammo.

Have you ever served? Doesn't sound like it from the lack of understanding you show.

Quote:
You answered your own question. If They have not paid their debt then they should not be released. If there is a fixed sentence then that is the debt being asked to pay for the crime. Your beef is more with the court system allowing dangerous people out into the wild.
All I'm saying is if they are good enough or done the time the courts have set down to pay for a debt then they should be free men.
Just because they "did time" doesn't mean they paid a debt. Just ask any of the families of murdered loved ones.

Also, you didn't answer my question. Do you think that someone that brutally raped and murdered someone should be allowed to lawfully have access to firearms when they get out of prison?

Quote:
They want everyone to be normal..Whatever the hell that is
Well, abnormal is anyone that doesn't like chocolate or bacon...

Quote:
Requiring a permit is curtailing the 2A No free man should be required to get a permission slip to invoke a right. The laws as thery stand is not allowing a right but giving permission for a privilege. Any American that agrees with a carry permit is a proponent for gun control. Liberals just have a different flavor is all. It's a right under the Constitution given by our creator or is is not. There is no gray area here.
Don't disagree with this on it's face. But, you have to face reality. Barring an all out civil/revolutionary style war, with the pro-rights side winning, concealed carry permits will always be a reality. Doesn't mean I agree with it, but like I said, there's only 1 way that ends, and it's not at the election polls.

Quote:
If someone is enough of dumbass to give themselves "Glock Leg" or any other flavor of asshattery then so be it. Just understand that actions bring consequences both good or bad dependent on the action. But I"m not willing to just say I'll take a loss of liberty to obtain a false sense of security.
Exactly, and an untrained individual with a loaded firearm (or car, or machinery) can bring about a multitude of bad consequences, not just for him but for others around him as well.

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

clr8ter Likes This 
Old 09-26-2013, 04:45 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55

like i care what Chainfire thinks or his opinions!

too many times, many of us have asked him to quantify his reasons for voting for Obama. nothing. many times asked direct questions about what Obama has done or not done. nothing again. about what positive changes has Obama implimented since being in office. again nothing.

Chainfire makes drive-by trollish comments, which he never has once supported when asked direct questions about his comments. not once. he will needle others with trollish remarks about their viewpoints and opinions and ask for reasoning about them, but fails in providing any that support his views.

when a person can't or won't quantify their comments or opinions, with credible sources or links, or avoids direct questions asked of them, then are their comments credible? ask yourself this, what make a person's comments or viewpoints credible? do Chainfires comments meet that criteria or burden? that's enough for me to say on the subject. i will let others draw their own conclusions about him on their own.
I agree, if someone can't support their opinion on something then their opinion is not credible.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 09-26-2013, 10:27 AM   #76

Liked 1651 Times on 985 Posts
Likes Given: 361

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
ummmm......how about that they have not been enacted upon yet.....

l'll ask you blunt question. if Obama passed a law, or repealed the 2nd amendment and made all firearms illegal to own or possess by civilians, and made it mandatory foy you to surrender all your firearms, would you?

very simple question, but your answer will be used in how others here will put any credence in your comments thus forward.

of course you can avoid or change the subject like you have done so many times before.
Obama can't pass a law or repeal the 2nd amendment. Where were you in civics class?

Your challenge to test my credence is ridiculous, and I will not take your bait. In my life I dwell on realities not theories, and as of now, the reality is my rights have not been rescinded by our present government.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Last edited by Chainfire; 09-26-2013 at 11:00 AM.

Old 09-26-2013, 11:35 AM   #77
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6867 Times on 3447 Posts
Likes Given: 7450

Quote:
Obama can't pass a law or repeal the 2nd amendment. Where were you in civics class?
That certainly hasnt stopped him and Shotgun Joe from trying, he's still got 3 more years to get the votes. That means we have those same three years to fire as many of those who would vote with him and we have more to lose than BHO, he will be protected by a platoon of body guards regardless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Your challenge to test my credence is ridiculous, and I will not take your bait. In my life I dwell on realities not theories, and as of now, the reality is my rights have not been rescinded by our present government.
Arent you lucky?

95% of the counties residents in NY cant say the same. While OB Wan has been in charge, NYers and others have had their 2A rights fettered seriously and all we heard from the Whitehouse was good job Andy! Thats not a theory, thats a fact.

And because you didnt physically lose any of your rights in Florida yet, thats ok with you right? By the way, Andy Coumo is on the short list of Dem POTUSes to come, are you gonna vote for him? Doesnt matter I suppose, I didnt vote for him and he's now in charge of my personal home armory inventory!
Old 09-26-2013, 11:48 AM   #78

Liked 2050 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

First it was HOPE
then, it was HYPE
(and all along, it has been HYPOCRICY)

Obama and Biden are about as competent as Barney Fife and Shaggy from Scooby-Do. 'Shotgun Joe' has been laying low ever since the DC Naval Yard shooter took him up on his firearms choice. But these idiots will be at it again, Obama especially with no elections left in his future.

My largest fear is not Dems - it is GOPers who are simply RINOs and have no direction

Old 09-26-2013, 12:29 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter
First it was HOPE
then, it was HYPE
(and all along, it has been HYPOCRICY)

Obama and Biden are about as competent as Barney Fife and Shaggy from Scooby-Do. 'Shotgun Joe' has been laying low ever since the DC Naval Yard shooter took him up on his firearms choice. But these idiots will be at it again, Obama especially with no elections left in his future.

My largest fear is not Dems - it is GOPers who are simply RINOs and have no direction
First it was CHANGE, then it was FORWARD. They said FORWARD so we wouldn't look back at the hell that the CHANGE was.

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
TDS92A Likes This 
Old 09-26-2013, 12:38 PM   #80
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
You live in a dream world, don't you? The votes on the assault weapons ban, high capacity magazines bans, and the universal background check laws were WAY too close. If there had been more Liberals in the Senate, some or all of those laws would have been passed.

You seem to be under the impression that just because he failed, it's alright. Let me ask you, if someone tries to murder someone but fails, do you let them go, or send them to prison for attempted murder?