Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gun control failed in congress. It's happening anyway

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2013, 12:47 AM   #61
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19603 Times on 11127 Posts
Likes Given: 49355

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
Nah, more like distract distract distract pitch a fit call names cry like a baby and point at your opponent and say "RAAAAAAAACIIIIIIIIST!"
exactly! he has done that several times to me in the past when i have countered his comments with facts and evidence and sources to back up my statements.

he thinks Obama is the second coming of the Messiah and here to lead us all to salvation. BS! Obama is a poser, a liar and a traitor to this country. we have proven it to chainfire more times than can be counted. he refuses to accept facts or reason when it's presented. which is typical of a liberal.
People Like This 
Old 09-26-2013, 12:54 AM   #62
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1338 Times on 791 Posts
Likes Given: 3322

I think that we all have had our own unique encounters with the likes of Chainfire and Flat Tire. They are the only ones that come to mind.

How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
People Like This 
Old 09-26-2013, 01:00 AM   #63

Liked 4787 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

It is easy to tell when labor union members receive their Union newspaper. We have a number of these Democrat union members on the forum. They all come up with the same arguments at the same time. They always blame everything on NRA members and Geo. Bush. The people who write and read Union news are deep thinkers.

Old 09-26-2013, 01:06 AM   #64

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Agree with both. However, if civilian, some sort of proficiency requirement should be required (after all, the military has to show proficiency )
You don't seem to understand the point. If one is old enough to be given a gun and then how are they all of a sudden not old enough when they go to buy it.? Do they give soldiers a test before they ISSUE a weapon?

Quote:
Do you consider someone that brutally murdered and raped someone "paying their debt" after serving anything but a life sentence? And, if so, would you be okay with this type of person being able to legally own/carry a gun?
You answered your own question. If They have not paid their debt then they should not be released. If there is a fixed sentence then that is the debt being asked to pay for the crime. Your beef is more with the court system allowing dangerous people out into the wild.
All I'm saying is if they are good enough or done the time the courts have set down to pay for a debt then they should be free men.

Quote:
I have issues with this as well. There are too many "schools of thought" when it comes to psychology/psychiatry. Most professionals in the field can't even agree on what causes certain mental health issues, let alone whether they make someone a danger to themselves or others. I absolutely don't trust the government to decide what mental health issues can bar someone from owning or possessing firearms.
They want everyone to be normal..Whatever the hell that is

Quote:
Doesn't really curtail anything. He said "before getting a carry permit", which is actually a good idea. Think of all the "Glock leg" that could have been prevented had they had safety classes.
Requiring a permit is curtailing the 2A No free man should be required to get a permission slip to invoke a right. The laws as thery stand is not allowing a right but giving permission for a privilege. Any American that agrees with a carry permit is a proponent for gun control. Liberals just have a different flavor is all. It's a right under the Constitution given by our creator or is is not. There is no gray area here.

If someone is enough of dumbass to give themselves "Glock Leg" or any other flavor of asshattery then so be it. Just understand that actions bring consequences both good or bad dependent on the action. But I"m not willing ot just say I'll take a loss of liberty to obtain a false sense of security.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

TDS92A Likes This 
Old 09-26-2013, 01:17 AM   #65

Major Assa killed far more people at Fort Hood. He is totally sane. This is work place violence? Why isn't the Navy yard Work place violence? The shooter was very up set over not being paid. There have many more mass murders where the killer was not insane.
The facts are Obama and the Democrats want gun control. They have just decided on another approach. Americans may swallow this one.

Old 09-26-2013, 01:19 AM   #66
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1338 Times on 791 Posts
Likes Given: 3322

It would seem that when I originally posted this that I did not count on all the feedback that has been posted. It would seem that I may need to rethink what I posted now that I have been exposed to other ways of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS92A View Post
Here are a few forms of Acceptible Gun Control that none of us seem to mind:

1) Age limits on purchasing firearms.

2) Felons being barred from owning or possessing firearms.

3) Folks with specific mental problems being barred from owning or possessing firearms.

4) Requiring attendence in a Firearm Training Class or providing a DD214 before getting a Carry Permit.

This is my personal one; buying or selling a firearm from or to someone that I hardly know (Gun Shows) or even some family members, I am getting a background check.

This is about all that I can come up with since I have not had the USDA not recommended amount of coffee just yet.

Feel free to yell and scream if you like.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
Anna_Purna Likes This 
Old 09-26-2013, 01:49 AM   #67
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55

i believe Chainfire either has me on ignore or is just outright refusing to answer my question. the liberal approach has always been to stick you head in the sand and pretend a problem doesn't exist when you have no answers.
Those who rely on emotion to justify their beliefs have a hard time dealing with facts, which is why they ignore them. Liberals tend to only use emotion to justify there beliefs, it's the same thing the nazi's did with their propaganda. As conservatives or Libertarians, we see it as ignorant and wrong, but it's actually brilliant because, as you can see, it works.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
People Like This 
Old 09-26-2013, 01:53 AM   #68
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19603 Times on 11127 Posts
Likes Given: 49355

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
Those who rely on emotion to justify their beliefs have a hard time dealing with facts, which is why they ignore them. Liberals tend to only use emotion to justify there beliefs, it's the same thing the nazi's did with their propaganda. As conservatives or Libertarians, we see it as ignorant and wrong, but it's actually brilliant because, as you can see, it works.
it works if you are stupid or gullible or willing to believe in a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

it doesn't work if you have some common sense or can use some reasoning to determine what ulterior motives someone is up to.

and there is nothing brilliant about it. no it doesn't work if you have a brain and can do you own thinking. something some of you need to start doing.
People Like This 
Old 09-26-2013, 02:39 AM   #69
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1563 Times on 932 Posts
Likes Given: 778

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
it works if you are stupid or gullible or willing to believe in a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

it doesn't work if you have some common sense or can use some reasoning to determine what ulterior motives someone is up to.

and there is nothing brilliant about it. no it doesn't work if you have a brain and can do you own thinking. something some of you need to start doing.
With an open mind!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-26-2013, 03:00 AM   #70

When you accept the state as your protector and your religion is as a dependent of the state thinking is not necessary. Liberals can never find a good job and they always know who is at fault. They are the victims of an unfair competitive capitalist system. They then reason anyone who has been a success has taken from them. Tax and punish success.