Gun control: Church firmly, quietly opposes firearms for civilians
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gun control: Church firmly, quietly opposes firearms for civilians

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 12:20 AM   #1
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1922 Times on 1111 Posts
Likes Given: 3925

Default Gun control: Church firmly, quietly opposes firearms for civilians

I wish I had a comment. I knew this was coming from the Catholic Church. This is more towards gun control than religion.

Gun control: Church firmly, quietly opposes firearms for civilians | USCatholic.org

The Catholic Church's position on gun control is not easy to find; there are dozens of speeches and talks and a few documents that call for much tighter regulation of the global arms trade, but what about private gun ownership?

The answer is resoundingly clear: Firearms in the hands of civilians should be strictly limited and eventually completely eliminated.

Last edited by Bigcountry02; 01-18-2011 at 12:27 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-18-2011, 12:40 AM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Shame they did not outlaw nails. Jesus would still be alive today.

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 01-18-2011, 12:43 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr View Post
Shame they did not outlaw nails. Jesus would still be alive today.
No, that would be the Jewish church....and He is ALIVE.

Should have seen this coming. First it's birth control and now guns. The Catholic church is HUGE with a TON of money....this isn't good. Men, we are fighting an uphill battle, stay strong.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 01-18-2011, 08:38 PM   #4

The Catholic Church's stance on gun control and birth control work great on paper.

It's just they keep forgetting that not everyone's a good, upstanding Christian (including their own clergy).

It's kinda like Communism. It works as long as everyone does it, fails as soon as people do what people do.

There are two types of idiocy: Believing everything one is told without question, and never listening to what others have to say.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:28 PM   #5
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Seems like the Church's take on violence is similar to their take on charity. They endorse "social justice" as a means to legislate and compel people to give (even though that's not charitable giving) and they want to use the force of government to ban a means of self defense (even though that's not the same as everyone voluntarily renouncing all violent tendencies).

I applaud their motives but fight their methods tooth and nail.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:54 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5738 Times on 2997 Posts
Likes Given: 380

meh, they cover up for molestors, one pope was a hitler youth, another actively celebrated hitler's birthday. doesnt surprise me they want to disarm the people. i dont need the "church" to believe in god.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 01-18-2011 at 10:56 PM.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:54 PM   #7

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Typical!! The thought of self defense never enters their minds.

People get the government they deserve.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:41 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Oh geez... coming from an organization that technically has their own country and private guard that are heavily armed.

Don't get me started on the amount of corruption present within the church. Can't list the many reasons why my Spaniard grandparents left the church. The horror stories told from them....

Old 01-19-2011, 02:46 AM   #9

Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 304

Luke 22:36 straight out of the King Jame's Bible

King James Bible
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take [it], and likewise [his] scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

To me...the gun is just as common place as edged weapons were in Jesus' time...Seems the Catholic Church is directly disobeying their own lord and savior Jesus Christ....

Old 01-19-2011, 02:59 AM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5738 Times on 2997 Posts
Likes Given: 380

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUBrowningBoy View Post
Luke 22:36 straight out of the King Jame's Bible

King James Bible
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take [it], and likewise [his] scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

To me...the gun is just as common place as edged weapons were in Jesus' time...Seems the Catholic Church is directly disobeying their own lord and savior Jesus Christ....
the papacy only follows scripture when it is convenient and they can profit from it.

others may have a different opinion.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...