Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Gun control: Church firmly, quietly opposes firearms for civilians (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/gun-control-church-firmly-quietly-opposes-firearms-civilians-37036/)

Bigcountry02 01-18-2011 12:20 AM

Gun control: Church firmly, quietly opposes firearms for civilians

I wish I had a comment. I knew this was coming from the Catholic Church. This is more towards gun control than religion.

Gun control: Church firmly, quietly opposes firearms for civilians | USCatholic.org

The Catholic Church's position on gun control is not easy to find; there are dozens of speeches and talks and a few documents that call for much tighter regulation of the global arms trade, but what about private gun ownership?

The answer is resoundingly clear: Firearms in the hands of civilians should be strictly limited and eventually completely eliminated.

Jo da Plumbr 01-18-2011 12:40 AM

Shame they did not outlaw nails. Jesus would still be alive today.

spittinfire 01-18-2011 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr (Post 424170)
Shame they did not outlaw nails. Jesus would still be alive today.

No, that would be the Jewish church....and He is ALIVE.

Should have seen this coming. First it's birth control and now guns. The Catholic church is HUGE with a TON of money....this isn't good. Men, we are fighting an uphill battle, stay strong.

corrinavatan 01-18-2011 08:38 PM

The Catholic Church's stance on gun control and birth control work great on paper.

It's just they keep forgetting that not everyone's a good, upstanding Christian (including their own clergy).

It's kinda like Communism. It works as long as everyone does it, fails as soon as people do what people do.

bkt 01-18-2011 09:28 PM

Seems like the Church's take on violence is similar to their take on charity. They endorse "social justice" as a means to legislate and compel people to give (even though that's not charitable giving) and they want to use the force of government to ban a means of self defense (even though that's not the same as everyone voluntarily renouncing all violent tendencies).

I applaud their motives but fight their methods tooth and nail.

JonM 01-18-2011 09:54 PM

meh, they cover up for molestors, one pope was a hitler youth, another actively celebrated hitler's birthday. doesnt surprise me they want to disarm the people. i dont need the "church" to believe in god.

dunerunner 01-18-2011 09:54 PM

Typical!! The thought of self defense never enters their minds.

HunterMarksman338 01-18-2011 11:41 PM

Oh geez... coming from an organization that technically has their own country and private guard that are heavily armed. :rolleyes:

Don't get me started on the amount of corruption present within the church. Can't list the many reasons why my Spaniard grandparents left the church. The horror stories told from them.... :mad:

TimL2952 01-19-2011 02:46 AM

Luke 22:36 straight out of the King Jame's Bible

King James Bible
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take [it], and likewise [his] scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

To me...the gun is just as common place as edged weapons were in Jesus' time...Seems the Catholic Church is directly disobeying their own lord and savior Jesus Christ....

JonM 01-19-2011 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LUBrowningBoy (Post 424931)
Luke 22:36 straight out of the King Jame's Bible

King James Bible
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take [it], and likewise [his] scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

To me...the gun is just as common place as edged weapons were in Jesus' time...Seems the Catholic Church is directly disobeying their own lord and savior Jesus Christ....

the papacy only follows scripture when it is convenient and they can profit from it.

others may have a different opinion.