Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gun Control arguments are true...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2013, 02:36 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

The job of the police is to enforce the law, hence the term 'Law Enforcement'. How can a law be enforced unless it has been broken?

The job of police is to collect evidence, interview witnesses and locate suspects...all AFTER the fact...

Yet a whole lot of folks insist the job of LE is to protect them. I can't think of a more elitist attitude to take. Some people really think that their lives are so much more valuable than those whose 'job' it is to protect them...

I'll just say 'Let me know how that works out for ya..."....

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 08-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1847 Times on 1081 Posts
Likes Given: 883

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
The job of the police is to enforce the law, hence the term 'Law Enforcement'. How can a law be enforced unless it has been broken?

The job of police is to collect evidence, interview witnesses and locate suspects...all AFTER the fact...

Yet a whole lot of folks insist the job of LE is to protect them. I can't think of a more elitist attitude to take. Some people really think that their lives are so much more valuable than those whose 'job' it is to protect them...

We are reactive because to be proactive would push the 'civil rights' envelope more than most would tolerate, and I don't have a problem with that. If we error we SHOULD error on the civil rights side of things. Most of the time I spent on the street was used to 'document and investigate crime' and the rest was mostly mediation of disputes! My goal is to try and keep as many people OUT OF THE SYSTEM as I can as it is the 'last resort' if you really care about the people you serve and their problems.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

vincent Likes This 
Old 08-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #23

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I`m not sure, what the wording is in english, but here it is called "Gewaltmonopol".
The exclusive right of the legislative to use foce. I guess it could be said that way.

Here in germany, only the police have the exclussive right to use force against aggressors.
And that is, more or less, what the UN is also trying to push into all other countries and so have the reason to ban legal firearm ownership.

Old 08-13-2013, 01:25 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1189 Times on 578 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Skrb_25 View Post
I wish sometimes these Obama, Feinstein and Boxer types(antis) get in a situation where they are defenseless and understand the importance of our 2nd amendment that try have been wiping their asses with
How could you ever be defenseless when you are a gun banner surrounded by people carrying guns for your protection.

I would give those people and the Bloombergs of the world a lot more credit if their numerous bodyguards were not armed to the teeth.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

Old 08-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #25
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5895 Times on 2917 Posts
Likes Given: 6253

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post

^^^^^ Yes to that!!!

Kinda like folks mis-belief that the military is there to protect the Citizen; its not! The US Military has one thing it must protect the Constitution of the USA, not the people. If we were to defend people, that would be picking sides and were not supposed to have a horse in that race.

911 has been sold to us as the first response against criminals when it was never designed to be that, ever. Until the day you can instantly Beam a Cop into your Living room, all its good for is Health Emergencies and Reporting a crime after its happened (if you survive)!

Law Enforcement is pretty easy to define but the grey comes in when they initiate crime prevention tactics. How do you prevent a crime that hasnt happened without the possibility of violating someones rights?

NYC has had a Stop and Frisk (all an officer has to say is the frisky was acting suspicious, he/ she doesnt need probable cause) policy since Rudy ran it and its been correlated with diminishing crime by double digits. Is removing ones right to privacy, rights against illegal search and seizure and other freedoms worth the safety they promise if we submit? Not for me!

They have no right to change the basis of rules, only the environment that criminals fester in after they become such! Ive read the Constitution, The Bill of Rights and other founding principles for our Republic, not a single one recognizes the "For Our Own Good" clause as legitimate law of the land. Either change it using the rules that control our rights (Constitutional Convention) or follow the rules as they were created, there is no middle ground on this.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:04 PM   #26
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3005 Times on 2044 Posts
Likes Given: 632

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm
They do not care about these things because they do not give one rat's azz about school shootings, suicides, gang drivebys, etc. They care about one thing and one thing ONLY, TOTAL CONTROL!

This cannot be accomplished when the populace has the means to fight back.
My Wife has a friend that is so Anti because her Brother in Law was killed in Detroit in the 70's.
I told her she should not give up her beliefs but if Her and her Husband ever get into a situation Wife & I will Cover them until they get to safety...didn't go over too well but I could care less....she doesn't have to come here if she doesn't want to...

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 08-14-2013, 04:55 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1037 Times on 578 Posts
Likes Given: 432

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
I`m not sure, what the wording is in english, but here it is called "Gewaltmonopol".
The exclusive right of the legislative to use foce. I guess it could be said that way.

Here in germany, only the police have the exclussive right to use force against aggressors.
And that is, more or less, what the UN is also trying to push into all other countries and so have the reason to ban legal firearm ownership.
You mean almost 70 years after the Third Reich you're still living under a fascist dictatorship?... And the UN wants to establish a global fascist dictatorship?

Governments make lots of claims and generally kill anyone who doesn't pay tribute to the them (the claimants). If you want liberty, you have to be willing and able to kill the people who claim they have a right to your life. If not, they'll continue to operate under the presumption that they "own" you.