Gun Control arguments are true...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gun Control arguments are true...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2013, 03:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Gun Control arguments are true...

I know you guys don`t want to hear or read it, but taking some of the arguments...

- If legal firearms are banned, nobody can be killed with legal firearms!
- If legal firearms are banned, nobody can commit a school shooting with legal firearms!
- etc., etc., etc

It is kind of hard, coming out against these arguments, because they are true, hones to god they are.

The only problem is, but the antis don`t care about that, is, that none of the above arguments will do anything agains gang murder, suicide, robbery or rape.
The only thing these arguments will akomplish is, that all victems of murder, rape or robbery will be left without any device to defend themselves against the kriminals.
But the antis don`t care about that, because nobody will ever be killed again with a legally owned firearm!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-09-2013, 06:08 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3728 Times on 2285 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog
I know you guys don`t want to hear or read it, but taking some of the arguments...

- If legal firearms are banned, nobody can commit a school shooting with legal firearms!
- etc., etc., etc

It is kind of hard, coming out against these arguments, because they are true, hones to god they are.

The only problem is, but the antis don`t care about that, is, that none of the above arguments will do anything agains gang murder, suicide, robbery or rape.
The only thing these arguments will akomplish is, that all victems of murder, rape or robbery will be left without any device to defend themselves against the kriminals.
But the antis don`t care about that, because nobody will ever be killed again with a legally owned firearm!
Absolutely. They don't wanna hear it.

Always have clean socks.

Old 08-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #3

Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 160

You just dropped a logic bomb.

"THE SIERRA JUST HOTEL TANGO FOXTROT -OVER"

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

People Like This 
Old 08-09-2013, 06:14 PM   #4

Liked 602 Times on 322 Posts

I wish sometimes these Obama, Feinstein and Boxer types(antis) get in a situation where they are defenseless and understand the importance of our 2nd amendment that try have been wiping their asses with

Old 08-09-2013, 06:17 PM   #5

Liked 2606 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post

- etc., etc., etc

Are you seeing a pattern here? NOBODY's doing their job, as legislative

leaders, that would be too much like WORK. NOBODY EVER wants to

deal with crime, poverty,and antiquated educational systems.

Just do something mindlessly popular, like a new gun control law,

that will earn you the votes of the numbnutz PC crowd.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:55 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2996 Times on 1561 Posts
Likes Given: 279

They do not care about these things because they do not give one rat's azz about school shootings, suicides, gang drivebys, etc. They care about one thing and one thing ONLY, TOTAL CONTROL!

This cannot be accomplished when the populace has the means to fight back.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

People Like This 
Old 08-09-2013, 09:04 PM   #7

Liked 166 Times on 98 Posts
Likes Given: 42

The simple answer that shuts down most anti gunners is to use self defense statistics. There is no way to be absolutely sure how many times a gun is used successfully in self defense because many incidents go unreported however a very conservative estimate is 250,000 times per year. In over 99% of cases no shot is actually fired.

Compare that to about 12,000 deaths per year from firearms, some of those are suicides, some are justifiable homicide (self defense or police shootings). It also includes gang shootings.

I would say 250,000 successful self defense cases with very few shots fired outweighs 12,000 regrettable deaths.

Old 08-09-2013, 09:23 PM   #8

Liked 136 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 148

Most people I know that are anti-gun, have never been exposed to violence and/or were not exposed to the safe use of guns growing up.

There are too many people I have met that have figured every thing out. They are the "don't bore with the facts" crowd. When you combine the two elements together and sprinkle in a bit of an activist's will to control others personality trait...you get the modern anti-gun zealot.

There is one more worth noting...the modern day politician that will do whatever it takes to get reelected. Their morals are the "moral of the collective party line". Some of these people know guns...may even know violence...but no matter, they have tax payer funded armed security and benefits for life. The struggle between good and evil, light and darkness, morality and immorality is an eternal one and I always look for allies in morality and distance/disassociate with people of immorality...those that believe the end justifies the means....those willing to use offensive force and fraud to achieve their ambitions, and those who think it is moral and correct to force others to be free.

I think it was either Thomas Paine or Thomas Jefferson who wrote something to the effect...if it neither breaks my leg nor pick my pocket, I have no care...there is more to it and he was speaking about religious freedom...but whatever freedom you are talking about, it is essentially the same concept.

Old 08-09-2013, 10:28 PM   #9

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Skrb_25 View Post
I wish sometimes these Obama, Feinstein and Boxer types(antis) get in a situation where they are defenseless and understand the importance of our 2nd amendment that try have been wiping their asses with
Unfortunately that will not happen, because they have armed body guards around them, that protect them.......

I guess, if politicians around the world would switch on theire brain and to politics for the people, then they wouldn`t need armed body guards.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:40 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3099 Times on 1553 Posts
Likes Given: 383

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post

- etc., etc., etc

The only problem is, but the antis don`t care about that, is, that none of the above arguments will do anything against gang murder, suicide, robbery or rape.
The only thing these arguments will accomplish is, that all victims of murder, rape or robbery will be left without any device to defend themselves against the criminals.
It's not about guns, it's about control.
You ever notice that the solution for the failure of gun control is, more gun control?
Or more accurately: the solution for the failure of government is,...more government?
NRA Life Member

Liberals are constantly telling us about the poor and oppressed in this country. With that in mind, why do they feel the need to keep importing poor people from other countries?
People Like This