gun control - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

gun control

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2014, 09:10 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3496 Times on 1786 Posts
Likes Given: 5418

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Your idea that gun control didn't make a difference is simplistic, and quite frankly ignorant. There was a REASON all these tyrannical governments banned certain people from owning guns. They didn't want them to have the ability to fight back.
Yea..what he said..It's not about guns...It's all about the Royals having complete control of their subjects...
People Like This 
Old 03-09-2014, 09:18 PM   #52
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1618 Times on 1078 Posts
Likes Given: 201

We are trying to let this thread go.

Please keep it civil and beneficial to the community

Old 03-09-2014, 09:24 PM   #53
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30USMC View Post
We are trying to let this thread go.

Please keep it civil and beneficial to the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
There are idiots on both sides of the debate.
Cough cough...
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-09-2014, 09:29 PM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 845 Times on 530 Posts
Likes Given: 257

Quote:
Yea..what he said..It's not about guns...It's all about the Royals having complete control of their subjects...
I really wonder what planet people are on sometimes.

Quote:
Your idea that gun control didn't make a difference is simplistic, and quite frankly ignorant. There was a REASON all these tyrannical governments banned certain people from owning guns. They didn't want them to have the ability to fight back.
Do you believe that the events that Hitler and Stalin were involved in wouldn't have happened if some of their citizens were armed.? Why not point out things like , its not the weapons that kill its the people that use them, banning a particular item won't stop these people , knives hammers firearms cars, dead is dead no matter what is used things that reasonable people can relate to. Remember Stalin purged thousands of military officers that had access to firearms, without much resistance. People do not like being preached at from the extreme wing of the pro gun or anti gun lobby.

Quote:
I know. It clearly says Manta on it...
If you think getting snide digs in helps your view go for it.

Last edited by manta; 03-09-2014 at 09:32 PM.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:31 PM   #55
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Cough cough...
i have to agree with Manta on that one though. there are idiots on both sides. vastly larger number on the liberal anti-gunners side of the debate, but we as pro-gunners do have some that by their actions are poor representation of the LA gun owner.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:34 PM   #56
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2344 Times on 1394 Posts
Likes Given: 1283

Quote:
Originally Posted by domsupra90 View Post
Hey I'm a gun owner from Utah, also I'm in school and I have been asked to write about gun control. Does anyone have any info? I need both sides of the opinions. Also, I need to interview a reputable gun expert. Any ideas of who I could talk to?
Do you want info on 'gun control' which is what occurs when a person has a gun in their hands and is about to shot it, or do you want info about 'anti-gun legislation/laws'????
Also, 'assault weapons' were outlawed in 1934 by the National Firearms Act.. Those who are attacking our rights now use the term 'assault weapons' when discussing semi-automatic weapons in general to try and demonize them.
The narrative is VERY important. If we continue to use THEIR term/narrative we are furthering THEIR cause!

Last edited by JimRau; 03-09-2014 at 09:40 PM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-09-2014, 09:35 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
i have to agree with Manta on that one though. there are idiots on both sides. vastly larger number on the liberal anti-gunners side of the debate, but we as pro-gunners do have some that by their actions are poor representation of the LA gun owner.
I think that was directed more toward what he deems to be "simplistic views", despite him not being able to PROVE what he's posting.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:41 PM   #58
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 845 Times on 530 Posts
Likes Given: 257

Quote:
despite him not being able to PROVE what he's posting.
I don't think I have posted anything that needs proving my posts are more my views. Others are posting stats like they are facts.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:42 PM   #59
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1383 Times on 813 Posts
Likes Given: 252

OP,

If there's one thing I've learned from multiple degrees and decades of working, question and understand the data. Use this advice wisely while looking at the topic of gun control.

Brady campaign should be on your shopping list of data, however, make sure the data can be confirmed and clearly understand what is presenting. The organization is well known for playing fast and loose with data and statistics.

We at firearms talk are not going to be unbiased, but I can guarantee that we will present unaltered data supporting conclusions, and be able to justify and explain the data sources.

Good Luck!

Old 03-09-2014, 09:43 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
I don't think I have posted anything that needs proving my posts are more my views. Others are posting stats like they are facts.
YOUR posting them as if they're facts. Either prove your case, or quit making false claims.

Closed Thread