Gun Confiscation - A Reminder From New Orleans! - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gun Confiscation - A Reminder From New Orleans!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 09:51 PM   #31
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Out army guard unit sent about 100 members. (UH60 Blackhawk med-evac unit)

No illegal orders,no forced evacs, no gun confiscation, just helping the injured and/or trapped.

All of the problems were caused by the N.O.P.D. following the orders of the Mayor. Some LA. guard units may have been placed under local authority by then governor Blanco (democrat) but out of state guard units were not.

Congress addressed the problem in short order to prevent a recurrence. There were no problems in bitterly anti-gun N.Y. or N.J. after Sandy. Apparently the legislation worked.

Of course, none of this matters because it doesn't fit into the conspiracies.
My buddy was there. He was given the order to confiscate guns. He refused.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:54 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:

Congress addressed the problem in short order to prevent a recurrence.

There were no problems in bitterly anti-gun N.Y. or N.J. after Sandy. Apparently the legislation worked.
You mean "our army guard unit" as in your local guard unit? If so, then I could understand some of your comments better; nobody wants to think ill of the locals.

Isn't it funny how a law can actually help control the actions of people/groups who are otherwise generally law-abiding people/groups? I wish those laws worked as well on violent criminals.

Alternatively, maybe there were no guns to confiscate in NY or NJ. I would imagine the numbers must have, at least, been drastically lower on gun ownership in NY & NJ versus N.O.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:56 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
My buddy was there. He was given the order to confiscate guns. He refused.
Was he in the Louisiana National Guard or another local/Louisiana service?

Old 05-08-2013, 09:58 PM   #34
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post

Was he in the Louisiana National Guard or another local/Louisiana service?
No he was not.

Old 05-08-2013, 10:00 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
No he was not.

Surely you must be mistaken?

Old 05-08-2013, 10:13 PM   #36
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I wish I was and I'm sure he does too. It is ofcourse easier to take all guns you come in contact with than it is to root out who has them legally in a situation like that. His refusal lead to being put on cleanup duty digging corpses out of the water.
He retired shortly after.
Actually he just recently returned to the area. I think it helped to get the bad taste out of his mouth.

Old 05-08-2013, 11:13 PM   #37

Liked 4790 Times on 2317 Posts
Likes Given: 1479

Quote:

No illegal orders,no forced evacs, no gun confiscation, just helping the injured and/or trapped.

All of the problems were caused by the N.O.P.D. following the orders of the Mayor. Some LA. guard units may have been placed under local authority by then governor Blanco (democrat) but out of state guard units were not.

Congress addressed the problem in short order to prevent a recurrence. There were no problems in bitterly anti-gun N.Y. or N.J. after Sandy. Apparently the legislation worked.

Of course, none of this matters because it doesn't fit into the conspiracies.
Gun Confiscation in America was a "Conspiracy Theory"... until in happened in N.O.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:53 PM   #38
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1018 Times on 540 Posts
Likes Given: 583

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Gun Confiscation in America was a "Conspiracy Theory"... until in happened in N.O.
But they passed another horsesnot law to protect us while we already had a Constitutional law that protected us. I've never heard or read of any prosecutions in the first govt. violation of law, so where is the application of law.

Is it only against the law when the public tries to enforce the law?
Old 05-09-2013, 03:13 AM   #39

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Quote:
I wish I was and I'm sure he does too. It is ofcourse easier to take all guns you come in contact with than it is to root out who has them legally in a situation like that. His refusal lead to being put on cleanup duty digging corpses out of the water.
He retired shortly after.
I'm sure he knows that a lot of strangers have far more respect for him than the goons who roughed up Granny, etc. etc. At the end of the day, a man's got to sleep at night. Stuff like that gets remembered at days' end, too.

Locke teaches (correctly, I believe) that the only time forceful resistance to tyranny is legitimate, and can prevail, is when sufficient people see the tyranny for what it is. Until then, it is futile and wrong. That's my understanding of what I've read, anyway, although I'm no scholar. Locke was possibly the most influential philosopher of the last few centuries and his writing is pretty fascinating.

Some say we are in a pre-revolutionary state. If that is true, nothing can be gained by hushed tones or tip-toeing around or censorship, whether it is the self-censorship we call political correctness or some other kind. The pressure must be relieved or it will build. I am full of hope that we will yet peaceably throw off our anchors and throw out our masters. It's going to take a lot more pain here in Canada, I'm afraid. The dependent class has grown large. I hope I'm wrong.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Last edited by Rocky7; 05-09-2013 at 03:15 AM.
orangello Likes This 
Old 05-09-2013, 11:50 AM   #40
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post

I'm sure he knows that a lot of strangers have far more respect for him than the goons who roughed up Granny, etc. etc. At the end of the day, a man's got to sleep at night. Stuff like that gets remembered at days' end, too.

Locke teaches (correctly, I believe) that the only time forceful resistance to tyranny is legitimate, and can prevail, is when sufficient people see the tyranny for what it is. Until then, it is futile and wrong. That's my understanding of what I've read, anyway, although I'm no scholar. Locke was possibly the most influential philosopher of the last few centuries and his writing is pretty fascinating.

Some say we are in a pre-revolutionary state. If that is true, nothing can be gained by hushed tones or tip-toeing around or censorship, whether it is the self-censorship we call political correctness or some other kind. The pressure must be relieved or it will build. I am full of hope that we will yet peaceably throw off our anchors and throw out our masters. It's going to take a lot more pain here in Canada, I'm afraid. The dependent class has grown large. I hope I'm wrong.
Very well worded.