Gun Confiscation - A Reminder From New Orleans! - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gun Confiscation - A Reminder From New Orleans!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 04:43 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4885 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa35jsf View Post
Ok, so what do you do if you were in that situation?

Could you pretend like you weren't home? Nope. They confiscated from homes that were already evacuated.

Could you simply not open the door to the police and try to explain to them that you have your rights yaddy da da....? Nope. They are still coming in.

Would you shoot your own police officers? God hope not. Regardless of what they are doing.

Would you let them take your firearms and be left helpless? Well thats a crappy option.

Would you hide them really good and hope the police don't find them? Well this might be one of the only decent options but you are defying the police at that point and are subject to whatever punishment might come from it.

Any way you decide to look at the problem, you're screwed. It just gets me pissed off because it wouldn't matter what you do in that situation, someone is still gonna do you wrong.
So... When is it "ok" to shoot a Cop?

That's a disturbing question to ALL of us... but at the end of the day, there is no escaping the historical fact that by FAR... the majority of human atrocities were not the cause of famine, strife, or pestilence... they were caused by MEN in power ordering MEN in uniform to commit UNSPEAKABLE acts that there own populations NEVER thought them capable of. PERIOD!

Yea, Yea, I know we've passed laws since... making it "illegal" for jurisdictions to ever do this again... But is was already "illegal" when Nagan ordered it... and not a single badge or soldier said no.

When is "OK" to shoot a Cop? How will you know?

Simple... Your Mayor, Governor, or President will tell you. One of them will step in front of a camera, give the same speech Nagan gave, and in doing so will have declared you the criminal.

On this day you will have but two choices... Kneel or Fight.

Personally, I won't be waiting behind my front door to be surrounded and outnumbered... I'll be taking the fight to the thugs who choose there paychecks over there oaths.

If history serves as any example... the only thing capable of making an "order taker" re-evaluate his mission and his actions is... "friendly" casualties.

It is my deepest hope that our Officials never force us to make this decision.

Tack
Old 05-08-2013, 05:53 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5930 Times on 3354 Posts
Likes Given: 5477

Boy, that's what we really need to win hearts and minds. Shooting cops.

That's real genius.

Winston Churchill

Old 05-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #23

Liked 4885 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Boy, that's what we really need to win hearts and minds. Shooting cops.

That's real genius.
I'm not advocating the shooting of Cops or Soldier Loc...

I'm simply stating the original intent of the 2nd Amendment... and trying to help folks like you connect the dots and follow this struggle to its "inevitable" conclusion, should our adversaries decide to step to far.

Given the laws past since Katrina and the swelling ranks of the Constitutional Sheriff's and Peace Officers Association... I'm hopeful that we will never be forced to make this decision.

But I'm also a student of history... and if forced to choose... I will not comply.

But thanks for the "Genius" comment... I helps to HI LIGHT your blind loyalties.

Tack
Old 05-08-2013, 07:19 PM   #24

Liked 181 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 129

Speaking as an ex-soldier( U.S.Army 8yrs) I would not comply with an unconstitutional and unlawful order to disarm my fellow Americans when they needed their firearms the most. Whatever consequence comes from my refusal then that's the way it is. Not only would I not do it, I would do my best to stop others from doing so as well.

Speaking as a civilian ex-military patriot Christian I don't see how I would be able to go against the things I feel so strongly about. I don't see how the police and soldiers could do what they did knowing it was wrong. Not only that they were leaving these citizens unarmed and at they mercy of their attackers if they come. How could they do that and not have issues?

They will be saying the same about me when they come for my guns. I love God, The United States of America, My Family, and the Constitution and I would willingly fight and die for any and all of them. I kinda feel like Tack, being ex-military I wouldn't be standing at the front door hollerin ''come in and get em *******s.'' I would put my education to use against my adversary.

I don't understand how you could comply and feel good about yourself. I cant comprehend that.

Some things gnaw at a man worse than dying.- Charley Waite( Kevin Costner) Open Range 2003

Old 05-08-2013, 08:08 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1274 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

The New Orleans cops were a bunch of thugs themselves. They had no qualms about victimizing the law-abiding citizens. They were even using people who were disarmed and walking down the street for target practice. My inclination at this time is to hide a few guns where a search for them would not be successful, and lie to the question, "Is this all your weapons?".
I'll be damned if I and my family will voluntarily be sitting ducks for looters, rapists, and other thugs, including some cops who will take advantage of defenseless citizens.
I let my NRA membership lapse, but today I sent in the paper and the money to join again. I have my problems with some of the abrasive tactics LaPierre does against members, but it appears that his overzealous approach is becoming necessary.

Last edited by AIKIJUTSU; 05-08-2013 at 08:12 PM.
Tackleberry1 Likes This 
Old 05-08-2013, 08:15 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa35jsf
Ok, so what do you do if you were in that situation?

Could you pretend like you weren't home? Nope. They confiscated from homes that were already evacuated.

Could you simply not open the door to the police and try to explain to them that you have your rights yaddy da da....? Nope. They are still coming in.

Would you shoot your own police officers? God hope not. Regardless of what they are doing.

Would you let them take your firearms and be left helpless? Well thats a crappy option.

Would you hide them really good and hope the police don't find them? Well this might be one of the only decent options but you are defying the police at that point and are subject to whatever punishment might come from it.

Any way you decide to look at the problem, you're screwed. It just gets me pissed off because it wouldn't matter what you do in that situation, someone is still gonna do you wrong.
Unless they have a warrant, if someone forces their way into my home, god help them. I will be shooting.

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Tackleberry1 Likes This 
Old 05-08-2013, 08:19 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1274 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Here's a link about N.O. cops shooting unarmed people:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danziger_Bridge_shootings

Old 05-08-2013, 08:46 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 548 Times on 333 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
Here's a link about N.O. cops shooting unarmed people:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danziger_Bridge_shootings
Wow. Disturbing.

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 05-08-2013, 09:00 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

For the record, anybody breaking and entering my home will be subject to gunfire; LEO's with warrants or "in hot pursuit" of a fleeing suspect are not "breaking and entering". I can only hope the LEO's clearly articulate their reasons and justification for entry before they attempt to enter. Otherwise, my first 370ish pistol rounds are already in magazines and/or pistols and could be in use pretty rapidly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamashooter68 View Post
Speaking as an ex-soldier( U.S.Army 8yrs) I would not comply with an unconstitutional and unlawful order to disarm my fellow Americans when they needed their firearms the most. Whatever consequence comes from my refusal then that's the way it is. Not only would I not do it, I would do my best to stop others from doing so as well.

Speaking as a civilian ex-military patriot Christian I don't see how I would be able to go against the things I feel so strongly about. I don't see how the police and soldiers could do what they did knowing it was wrong. Not only that they were leaving these citizens unarmed and at they mercy of their attackers if they come. How could they do that and not have issues?

I don't understand how you could comply and feel good about yourself. I cant comprehend that.
After discussing a coastal storm/flooding response mission a buddy in the local Air National Guard went on as a rookie (been in less than a year), I could see how some of the units could begin to think of the civilians they were relocating as more of an "aggravating task" than as "employers" or "victims". There were some tales of his unit going well beyond what they considered "normal" to satisfy some arguably picky rescues. In the New Orleans situation, similar national guard n00bs from out-of-town were probably lectured on how those remaining in New Orleans were derelicts and idiots who didn't want to leave for all the worst possible reasons.

I don't consider that an excuse, but I understand how an "us versus them" attitude could have been fostered by leaders in the field.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 05-08-2013 at 09:05 PM.
bamashooter68 Likes This 
Old 05-08-2013, 09:49 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5930 Times on 3354 Posts
Likes Given: 5477

Out army guard unit sent about 100 members. (UH60 Blackhawk med-evac unit)

No illegal orders,no forced evacs, no gun confiscation, just helping the injured and/or trapped.

All of the problems were caused by the N.O.P.D. following the orders of the Mayor. Some LA. guard units may have been placed under local authority by then governor Blanco (democrat) but out of state guard units were not.

Congress addressed the problem in short order to prevent a recurrence. There were no problems in bitterly anti-gun N.Y. or N.J. after Sandy. Apparently the legislation worked.

Of course, none of this matters because it doesn't fit into the conspiracies.

Winston Churchill