Gun Confiscation - A Reminder From New Orleans! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gun Confiscation - A Reminder From New Orleans!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 11:30 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
It was illegal to confiscate personal property before that happened. US Constitution. Don't see what would stop them from doing it now. We all know criminals don't follow laws.
That's right. The Feds will try doing anything that they want to do. It's then up to citizens to go through the court system to put an end to abuses. But with more and more liberal courts it's like banging your head against a stone wall.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:29 AM   #12

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

I've seen this video before. It's pretty disturbing, alright.

People who think the police would never "x" or "y", should watch it. German police did things in the 30's that nobody expected in the 20's. Police forces in Canada have acted despicably, too, especially if they see a weapon. It is far too often an excuse to indulge their bully instincts. It's a good thing civilians don't react the same way when they see a cop with a weapon!

At the risk of sounding like a meddling preacher, those sheriffs who stepped up and announced during the recent bout of gun phobia that they would stand against federal forces in order to protect their citizens' constitutional rights, are truly exceptional and deserving of high regard and deep respect. It is much easier for them to join the pack than to stand their ground. You are blessed to have elected sheriffs and, obviously, you have some dandies.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

People Like This 
Old 05-06-2013, 02:01 AM   #13

Liked 4795 Times on 2681 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Personal property has been confiscated before and after the Bill of Rights. The Tax man has been doing that since the beginning of the Nation. The Father of our Country Geo. Washington made his first Presidential trip to confiscate property of Distillers in Pennsylvania.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:43 AM   #14

Liked 173 Times on 117 Posts
Likes Given: 20

There has been much discussion on all the gun forums about the possibility of the local police, Feds, National Guard and active military being used to confiscate our weapons. Also the possibility of them using deadly force. New Orleans is witness to the fact that they will, it is no longer a possibility.

US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

People Like This 
Old 05-06-2013, 03:35 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 567 Times on 339 Posts
Likes Given: 235

Ok, so what do you do if you were in that situation?

Could you pretend like you weren't home? Nope. They confiscated from homes that were already evacuated.

Could you simply not open the door to the police and try to explain to them that you have your rights yaddy da da....? Nope. They are still coming in.

Would you shoot your own police officers? God hope not. Regardless of what they are doing.

Would you let them take your firearms and be left helpless? Well thats a crappy option.

Would you hide them really good and hope the police don't find them? Well this might be one of the only decent options but you are defying the police at that point and are subject to whatever punishment might come from it.

Any way you decide to look at the problem, you're screwed. It just gets me pissed off because it wouldn't matter what you do in that situation, someone is still gonna do you wrong.

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

People Like This 
Old 05-06-2013, 10:12 PM   #16
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5787 Times on 2004 Posts
Likes Given: 1690

Anyone else receive a letter from NRA saying you have been nominated for a National Patriots Medal and membership in the "Golden Eagles" ?

NSDQ

Like it or not, when the chips are down and lives are at stake, an armed citizen can be the "first responder." People who don’t like guns invariably rely on people who have guns when their lives are in danger.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:48 PM   #17

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threetango View Post
Anyone else receive a letter from NRA saying you have been nominated for a National Patriots Medal and membership in the "Golden Eagles" ?
I've been a member of the Golden Eagles for years. Have the bumper sticker on my vehicle.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:52 PM   #18

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 11

i just want to no when it happened did they come door to door and just ask people if they owned guns or did they already no who did and who did not. and who in the right mind would tell them that you had them nowing full well they will take them?

Old 05-07-2013, 09:55 AM   #19

Liked 343 Times on 198 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchhatchery View Post
and who in the right mind would tell them that you had them nowing full well they will take them?
Not I......

Old 05-07-2013, 01:59 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7126 Times on 3944 Posts
Likes Given: 6878

BTW folks, the confiscation was ordered by the MAYOR of N.O., not the state or federal govt.