Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Gun Confiscation - A Reminder From New Orleans! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/gun-confiscation-reminder-new-orleans-90064/)

AR10 05-04-2013 05:26 AM

Gun Confiscation - A Reminder From New Orleans!

With the images of Boston still fresh on our minds, remember the lessons of Katrina and some of the things we learned from that. With an aggressive police presence at disasters being an given, knowing beforehand what may come, is a benefit. Learn from what the good people of Katrina had to live through in the days and weeks that followed.

This is a video from our friends at NRA. After I watched this video today, I upgraded my membership from Life to Life Endowment.

DrumJunkie 05-04-2013 08:15 AM

Like it or not the NRA is the best ally we have as gun owners. I've had my complaints about them too. But we are much better off with them than without them.

It's a good thing to watch vids like this now and again and remember.It has happened before and it will be tried again.

WNGMSTR 05-04-2013 12:16 PM

Powerful video.

Every crisis whether it is shootings, storms or attacks will be a test plot for disarmament.

locutus 05-04-2013 02:22 PM

And yet, some supposedly "pro-gun" people here still still bad mouth the NRA!:(

Daoust_Nat 05-04-2013 08:20 PM

That is exactly what I am saying will happen if Obummer calls home all the guns. Not the police though, it will be the National Guard, and there won't be much we can do, as you will be out numbered and 0ut gunned.

locutus 05-04-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat (Post 1236696)
That is exactly what I am saying will happen if Obummer calls home all the guns. Not the police though, it will be the National Guard, and there won't be much we can do, as you will be out numbered and 0ut gunned.

You're right. BUT:

But if you remember, after Katrina, the congress passed legislation, and President Bush signed it, to prevent that from happening again. And it hasn't.

Not even after Sandy in anti-gun NY and NJ.

AR10 05-04-2013 10:03 PM

Charlton Heston may have said it best:

Warrior1256 05-04-2013 11:41 PM

Katrina put an end to that liberal saying regarding gun confiscation "It can't happen here".

locutus 05-05-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior1256 (Post 1236906)
Katrina put an end to that liberal saying regarding gun confiscation "It can't happen here".

And with the national outrage and the legislation passed after Katrina, it may have well put an end to confiscation, period.

trip286 05-05-2013 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locutus (Post 1236956)

And with the national outrage and the legislation passed after Katrina, it may have well put an end to confiscation, period.

It was illegal to confiscate personal property before that happened. US Constitution. Don't see what would stop them from doing it now. We all know criminals don't follow laws.