Gun confiscation during Hurricane Katrina - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gun confiscation during Hurricane Katrina

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2014, 12:16 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1930 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default My memory fades me............

What was the movie, five sons lost in the war, all on board a navy vessel...............Give till it hurts, I can't imagine a mother giving so much for freedom.................There ain't a face on this site that I can click on to that would represent this women or her sons...................

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 05-13-2014, 04:47 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5930 Times on 3354 Posts
Likes Given: 5477

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
What was the movie, five sons lost in the war, all on board a navy vessel...............Give till it hurts, I can't imagine a mother giving so much for freedom.................There ain't a face on this site that I can click on to that would represent this women or her sons...................

The family was the Sullivans.

Winston Churchill

Old 05-13-2014, 08:30 PM   #33
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1953 Times on 1135 Posts
Likes Given: 4093

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
as bad as it was after Katrina, and it was bad, imagine now this scenario being played out across the entire country, if martial law was declared for whatever reason.

yep, that scares me.

IIRC, and if i'm mistaken please correct me, but if the president declares martial law across the country, he can remain in power until that order is remanded.
Very scary, somewhere I read it can only be implemented in 6 month periods.

Does anyone know of this is true?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Thank you Axxe, but, even the Old can not rest until the Job is done...had I not been sick on 9/11 I would have At least attempted to return to some level of service within the Army. But that would have been like Joe Theisman putting back on the helmet at 50....

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk
I was deployed to Saudi Arabia during Southern Watch at the time when 9/11 happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
Sullivan Brothers: The Sullivan brothers were five siblings who were all killed in action during or shortly after the sinking of the light cruiser USS Juneau (CL-52), the vessel on which they all served, around November 13, 1942, in World War II.

Classic movie based on a true story of the Sullivan Brothers - The Fighting Sullivans

The movie played Tom Hanks - Saving Private Ryan