Gun confiscation during Hurricane Katrina - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gun confiscation during Hurricane Katrina

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2014, 11:14 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1065 Times on 553 Posts
Likes Given: 574

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
Really? Not your wife? Not your kids? You must make a hundred trips to the crapper a day to piss out that Kool-Aid. If this Country abandoned you and left you for dead, your loved ones probably would not. The constitution, yeah, it's important, but there are other countries whose citizens might argue they like, given their version of a constitution.
Tell that to all the thousands of men and women that have left their families behind, fought and died to defend this Country and the Constitution. It's nice to see that you feel their sacrifice was pissing out Kool-Aid.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:30 PM   #22
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1336 Times on 700 Posts
Likes Given: 612

*----------* Moderator Warning *----------*

Make sure to attack only the ideas, not the person directly. You can change some people's minds, but never by insults.

*----------* Moderator Warning *----------*

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 05-12-2014, 11:33 PM   #23
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Really? Not your wife? Not your kids? You must make a hundred trips to the crapper a day to piss out that Kool-Aid. If this Country abandoned you and left you for dead, your loved ones probably would not. The constitution, yeah, it's important, but there are other countries whose citizens might argue they like, given their version of a constitution.
in a way i have to agree with Mseric. somebody had to sacrifice themselves for our rights and freedoms. there are brave men and women that take the oath to defend the Constitution, and at any time their lives may be sacrificed for that cause. our rights and freedoms were won by blood of patriots. people who layed their lives down and thought that sacrifice for our rights and freedoms was a noble cause. and it was an honorable cause they took up.

so for many that have passed before us in that sacrifice, yes it was more important than even their families and friends, and even more important than their own lives.

myself, i won't think anything is more important than what brave men and women have done in the name of our rights and freedoms. i will not take that honor nor the dignity they deserve from them.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:39 AM   #24
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

There was a Time, as a younger Man, that My Country came First! Now, as an Older man,...My country Runs a "1B" to "1A"- My Wife and Dog-Child. they are #1 right now and until I Draw my last Breath

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
People Like This 
Old 05-13-2014, 01:24 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
There was a Time, as a younger Man, that My Country came First! Now, as an Older man,...My country Runs a "1B" to "1A"- My Wife and Dog-Child. they are #1 right now and until I Draw my last Breath

Dr. Bill, you have already made that sacrifice. you deserve to be honored and respected now for that sacrifice.

it's time for you to enjoy your life and your time with family and friends. you have earned it many times over sir.
Old 05-13-2014, 02:00 AM   #26

Liked 1104 Times on 734 Posts
Likes Given: 731

*Deciding whether to stop or not*

Not. It's not like I don't appreciate people in the armed services. They do something I never could. My issue is more with the govt. They run around with no accountability, wasting resources, and getting into things we (the United States) has no business in. Actually, I think it's a horrible thing, the way they treat veterans. Basically, people are to be used up and thrown away. I understand sometimes that has to be the end result, but if it's for a stupid cause, and done in a certain way, sorry, I don't get behind that. This is MY Humble Opinion. If yours is different, so be it. But for me, I consider buying into what they're selling drinking the Kool-Aid. That's why I'd never join the armed forces.

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Old 05-13-2014, 02:22 AM   #27

Quote:

Not. It's not like I don't appreciate people in the armed services. They do something I never could. My issue is more with the govt. They run around with no accountability, wasting resources, and getting into things we (the United States) has no business in. Actually, I think it's a horrible thing, the way they treat veterans. Basically, people are to be used up and thrown away. I understand sometimes that has to be the end result, but if it's for a stupid cause, and done in a certain way, sorry, I don't get behind that. This is MY Humble Opinion. If yours is different, so be it. But for me, I consider buying into what they're selling drinking the Kool-Aid. That's why I'd never join the armed forces.
it's not that i totally disagree with you, but if everyone felt that way, i suspect here would be fewer people who enlisted. IMO, its not the government that they are joining, but a brotherhood and when they take that oath, it's not to the government but to the Constitution and our country.

there are many conflicts in which we probably should never have been involved with, but a soldier does not get to pick and choose the conflicts he thinks are best. soldiers go where they are told to go and do the best job to the best of their abilities and with the highest level of dignity and honor they can.
Old 05-13-2014, 02:29 AM   #28
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1336 Times on 700 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Quote:

Not.
Good post. Thanks for the discretion.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 05-13-2014, 11:30 AM   #29

Liked 1104 Times on 734 Posts
Likes Given: 731

Quote:
it's not that i totally disagree with you, but if everyone felt that way, i suspect here would be fewer people who enlisted. IMO, its not the government that they are joining, but a brotherhood and when they take that oath, it's not to the government but to the Constitution and our country.

there are many conflicts in which we probably should never have been involved with, but a soldier does not get to pick and choose the conflicts he thinks are best. soldiers go where they are told to go and do the best job to the best of their abilities and with the highest level of dignity and honor they can.
I hear you, but I don't fully understand. I'm not really like that; never sought out a brotherhood, per se, or to serve a self-centered and uncaring master. I kinda march to the beat of my own drummer, you know? And maybe that's what the govt. needs, is to see hugely declining enlistment numbers, because the public doesn't agree with their stupid stunts. And it really does at some point become more about serving that master, and less about the constitution....that's where I get off the patriotic boat.

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Old 05-13-2014, 11:47 AM   #30
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default Gun confiscation during Hurricane Katrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
Dr. Bill, you have already made that sacrifice. you deserve to be honored and respected now for that sacrifice.

it's time for you to enjoy your life and your time with family and friends. you have earned it many times over sir.

Thank you Axxe, but, even the Old can not rest until the Job is done...had I not been sick on 9/11 I would have At least attempted to return to some level of service within the Army. But that would have been like Joe Theisman putting back on the helmet at 50....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 05-13-2014 at 11:53 AM.
People Like This