Gun carrying man stops stabbing spree
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gun carrying man stops stabbing spree

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 03:37 PM   #1
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Default Gun carrying man stops stabbing spree

I wonder what the gun-free zone zealots think of this.

Gun-carrying man ends stabbing spree
Updated: 4/27 12:26 pm | Published: 4/26 8:20 pm

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 News) - A citizen with a gun stopped a knife wielding man as he began stabbing people Thursday evening at the downtown Salt Lake City Smith's store.

Police say the suspect purchased a knife inside the store and then turned it into a weapon. Smith's employee Dorothy Espinoza says, "He pulled it out and stood outside the Smiths in the foyer. And just started stabbing people and yelling you killed my people. You killed my people."

Espinoza says, the knife wielding man seriously injured two people. "There is blood all over. One got stabbed in the stomach and got stabbed in the head and held his hands and got stabbed all over the arms."

Then, before the suspect could find another victim - a citizen with a gun stopped the madness. "A guy pulled gun on him and told him to drop his weapon or he would shoot him. So, he dropped his weapon and the people from Smith's grabbed him."

By the time officers arrived the suspect had been subdued by employees and shoppers. Police had high praise for gun carrying man who ended the hysteria. Lt. Brian Purvis said, "This was a volatile situation that could have gotten worse. We can only assume from what we saw it could have gotten worse. He was definitely in the right place at the right time."

Dozens of other shoppers, who too could have become victims, are also thankful for the gun carrying man. And many, like Danylle Julian, are still in shock from the experience. "Scary actually. Really scary. Five minutes before I walk out to my car. It could have been me."

Police say right now they have no idea what caused the suspect to go on the dangerous rampage. (We will update as soon as we learn new information.)

So far, police have not released the names of the suspect, the victims or the man who pulled the gun.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #2

Liked 414 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 1205

this is the kind of story you will never see on any mainstream media outlet because it shows the good side of legal carry,except maybe fox news.

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

Old 04-30-2012, 04:44 PM   #3

Liked 11 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 25

This guy deserves a medal or something. He man not think so but all of the other shoppers surely do. He was using his second amendment for what it was meant for. Round of Applause.