Gun buybacks...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gun buybacks...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2007, 09:06 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Gun buybacks...

I saw this interesting news article about firearms for cash

I have known about this practice of giving up your firearm to the police for some exchange. But, I just didn't realize that this was going on that they were BUYING back weapons.

I really don't know what I think about this. I mean, my first thought is that it is more leftist control, but when I think about it, what else is an old lady going to do with her husbands gun when he passes away.

Your thoughts?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-12-2007, 05:01 AM   #2

How about she sell her husbands old M1911 for $6-800 to a gunshop or collector instead of $50 to see it melted. I hate the term "buyback," they never were theirs to buy back.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:54 PM   #3

Firearms can be legally resold and more money is realized than basically giving it/them to someone to destroy. Buy backs do not work, have not worked in the past and I don't see it working in the future.

MY DOG IS SMARTER THAN MOST POLITICIANS

Old 04-14-2007, 10:24 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Also remember there have been cases where guns bought in buy back programs have been used later in crimes. They do not work plain and simple. I do however like the idea of having a gun drive for junk guns that no longer work. We could round up a bunch of Jennings, and Brycos to take to a buy back and use the funds for ammo to have an open range day for the public. All at the Joyce Foundations expense .

Old 04-15-2007, 01:07 PM   #5

Old ladies who are recently widowed are much more likely to be a victim of crime than most of us posting on here. My suggestion is not to give the gun to the police but learn to use it and defend herself.

Old 04-27-2007, 07:56 PM   #6

Yup, a .38 in the sewing basket ain't a bad idea. A good "suprise" thing.

by jigsaw

Old 05-01-2007, 10:18 AM   #7

Here is Australia we had guns taken away from us in 1996 under the guise of a politically correct 'buyback'.

Like the word 'buyback' the government misused an enourmous amount of money set aside for health to buyback something that was never ever owned by them in the first place and had not been offered for sale by their legitimate owners.

Old 05-10-2007, 07:41 PM   #8

Talking buy back balony

I have seen these buy backs in Mass.they salt the deal withATF guns then take media pictures afterwards take guns back.there are some buy backs Iv seen colt 6x/ruger/c&b and other high value guns.there was a dealer who bought guns wholesale and turned them in for $100 he made $60 on the deal.

Old 05-10-2007, 08:23 PM   #9

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

If I had the money I would offer a buy back program myself, $5 per 1911a1 not a bad deal

Old 05-10-2007, 10:29 PM   #10

I think this sums it up perfectly: