Gun Ban defeated in Baton Rouge - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gun Ban defeated in Baton Rouge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2014, 09:06 PM   #21
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22239 Times on 12460 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild_Dog View Post
You're such a meanie.
if by stating the truth is being mean, then suck it up cupcake. don't ever think that i reveal everything on a forum about myself. but what i do reveal is the truth, not the fictional crap you keep posting. trust me, i'm much more tactful on this forum than i am in person. in person, i'd have you crying and begging for your momma!
People Like This 
Old 09-01-2014, 09:06 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1159 Times on 707 Posts
Likes Given: 511

Quote:
You're such a meanie.

Axxe calls 'em as he sees them....most of us try to do the same...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk
People Like This 
Old 09-01-2014, 10:48 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 44 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 4

It is actually a violation of federal law to be intoxicated and in possession of a loaded firearm. What is intoxicated? I guess that depends. In my state the standard is "under the influence." I don't know about you, but the last thing I want to explain to a cop after having to draw my gun is why my breath smells like beer, so I don't do it. If I am in a place where I feel I should be armed, I stay sober. If I'm drinking, it's in the company of trusted friends, and therefore I don't need to be armed. In hunting camp, the guns are unloaded before the beer is opened.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-01-2014, 11:25 PM   #24

Quote:
You sure do talk a lot of crap, Axxe, and display a lot of keyboard bravado, not just here but in your Pms as well. Which, btw you said you would never send me again, I guess you're not a man of your word.

Btw, who are all these tough guys, warriors, and hardcases you know and all these real situations you've seen? And no, playing G.I. Joes in your momma's basement don't count.
i invited you once to come and "visit" me, and to teach me some attitude adjustment, by which you declined after telling me that you would make me say "Sir" to you.

it's an open invitation in which you can try and teach me a few things, that is if you are man enough.

so who is displaying the keyboard bravado now?
wizard63 Likes This 
Old 09-01-2014, 11:38 PM   #25

there it is again. that silence with nothing but the crickets chirping!
wizard63 Likes This 
Old 09-02-2014, 12:41 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1374 Times on 739 Posts
Likes Given: 780

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geosully View Post
It is actually a violation of federal law to be intoxicated and in possession of a loaded firearm..
I disagree with this.

I can find no Federal statutes stating it's Illegal to possess a firearm while intoxicated.

Maybe I have been looking in the wrong places. Can you show me where to find these Federal Firearms law that prohibit the use of alcohol while in possession of a firearm?

http://www.justice.gov/usao/me/docs/Summary%20of%20Federal%20Firearms%20Laws%20-%202010.pdf

Old 09-03-2014, 12:14 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 44 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I stand corrected, I was quoting a cop. I failed to find any federal statutes, either, and so I withdraw my statement. State law is generally more clear on this. Having put my foot in my mouth, I did some research.

"Our search identified a total of 46 laws in 31 states that restrict the intersection of alcohol and firearms.24–75 “Intoxication” was defined in various ways for different states. These definitions of intoxication related to firearms ranged from being undefined (i.e., only the word “intoxicated” appeared with no accompanying numerical definition) to having specific numerical definitions of intoxication (e.g., 0.08 or 0.10 milligrams/deciliter blood alcohol concentration) to referencing the state drunk driving law cutoff for blood alcohol concentration. The foci of these laws are detailed according to location, acute intoxication, and habitual alcohol use or treatment restrictions."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2925003/
People Like This 
Old 09-03-2014, 01:46 PM   #28
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2847 Times on 1731 Posts
Likes Given: 2847

How refreshing to see someone (a) do their own research, (b) discover that they were wrong, and (c) admit it / post correct information! Kudos, Geosully!
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.
People Like This