Gun Ban defeated in Baton Rouge
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Gun Ban defeated in Baton Rouge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2014, 03:45 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 221 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 87

Default Gun Ban defeated in Baton Rouge

They had a pretty serious restriction on carrying that has been defeated in court. Oops, the title is missing the word "ban'.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2014/08/25/ban-on-guns-in-places-that-sell-alcohol-including-supermarkets-and-service-stations-and-their-parking-lots-struck-down-on-second-amendment-grounds/
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-30-2014, 01:12 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6787 Times on 3608 Posts
Likes Given: 506

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWagner View Post
fixed
10 characters
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent
Mason609 Likes This 
Old 08-30-2014, 03:19 PM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Sweet! Always glad to see crap like this overturned.

Old 08-30-2014, 09:10 PM   #4

Liked 3248 Times on 1941 Posts
Likes Given: 2347

i've always thought it should be illegal for a person to carry a firearm CC or otherwise while intoxicated or on any drug that could impair their judgment....meaning ONE drink should be a serious offense if they are carrying a firearm. price you pay for a heavy responsibility imo. i assume most would agree with this sentiment.

but i will never agree that CC should be illegal where alcohol is sold or served. it is the responsibility of the person carrying the firearm to do it responsibly imo. what other people are doing is truly insignificant.
People Like This 
Old 08-30-2014, 09:25 PM   #5
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
i've always thought it should be illegal for a person to carry a firearm CC or otherwise while intoxicated or on any drug that could impair their judgment....meaning ONE drink should be a serious offense if they are carrying a firearm. price you pay for a heavy responsibility imo. i assume most would agree with this sentiment.

but i will never agree that CC should be illegal where alcohol is sold or served. it is the responsibility of the person carrying the firearm to do it responsibly imo. what other people are doing is truly insignificant.
as far as alcohol and firearms, i think the guidelines used for vehicle should apply. if you are too intoxicated to drive, you are more than likely too intoxicated to be carrying a firearm.
People Like This 
Old 08-31-2014, 06:01 AM   #6

a good starting point, but i think those carrying a gun should be held to an even higher standard.

why? easy. a car isn't a self defense weapon. you don't get in a car with the possibly of having to decide if you will use it to take a life to defend another. so comparing a car to a gun in THIS way isn't quite an apple to apple comparison.

when you carry a tool that is intended to potentially be used with deadly force in self defense, one should have NO impairment imo. not one beer. no good could come of it for anyone, especially the CC or OC carrier who had to defend themselves. i promise you it would be used against them, legally drunk or not. and honestly, i think it should be.

whether the law allowed it or not. i would not drink one drop if i chose to carry a firearm in ANY way. just mo.

truthfully, i would say more than ONE drink should merit a DWI in a car as well....i'm not a fan of putting others in serious risk of deadly harm so someone else can have a good time. not. worth. it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
as far as alcohol and firearms, i think the guidelines used for vehicle should apply. if you are too intoxicated to drive, you are more than likely too intoxicated to be carrying a firearm.
People Like This 
Old 08-31-2014, 07:35 AM   #7
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 3201 Times on 1936 Posts
Likes Given: 3083

Quote:

In Oklahoma, the law is clear that the restriction is on carry in places where alcohol is consumed. Places like liquor stores, grocery stores, etc. are NOT restricted (unless by the owner). Even restaurants are NOT restricted as long as their main focus is selling food.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Old 08-31-2014, 07:52 AM   #8

in texas, as i understand it, you may enter where they sell alcohol. but NOT any place that gets over half its revenue from serving alcohol.

don't really agree....if someone is a designated driver (or they just don't drink), why shouldn't they be allowed to carry in a bar if they DON"t drink? i think its the impairment of the CC holder to be worried about myself. what other people do shouldn't really matter imo.

Old 08-31-2014, 01:29 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 691 Times on 402 Posts
Likes Given: 211

Wisconsin doesn't have this problem. In the state that has the highest number of drunk driving offenses, cc in bars and drinking while cc has been legal for years.

Old 08-31-2014, 03:10 PM   #10
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 3201 Times on 1936 Posts
Likes Given: 3083

Quote:
in texas, as i understand it, you may enter where they sell alcohol. but NOT any place that gets over half its revenue from serving alcohol.

don't really agree....if someone is a designated driver (or they just don't drink), why shouldn't they be allowed to carry in a bar if they DON"t drink? i think its the impairment of the CC holder to be worried about myself. what other people do shouldn't really matter imo.
I can see that line of reasoning. I think that a bar, where people who are not designated drivers can get drunk, is a higher opportunity for an aggressive argument.

Scenario: Designated driver orders water or some virgin drink. Confrontational drunk overhears and questions manhood of driver, tries to get him to have a "real" drink, won't take no for an answer. Words, pushes, pretty soon the driver has a choice to make that he would not have to make if he were not in that situation.

Perhaps that sort of situation is what the lawmakers are trying to minimize by restricting firearms where alcohol is consumed. Just a thought.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.