Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gun and Ammo rush dying down.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 12:52 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/report-walmart-forbids-store-managers-from-ordering-more-ammunition_012013

Don't know about this website.

NEVER FORGET

Old 01-14-2013, 12:54 AM   #12

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Not around here.
Both LGS's within 10 miles were both jammed all weekend long, half for the range and half for guns & ammo. Ammo at one shop is now limited to ONE box per customer (target ammo)....the other is 3 boxes. I asked one of the store owners point blank before I left because I'm sort of a regular there....if we have peaked yet with inflated prices and ammo shortages. He looked at me, shrugged his shoulders and said he thinks it will get worse before it levels out.

Time will tell, hang in there folks. All I know is I am fairly well stocked on all sides and refuse to get caught off guard if things suddenly get REALLY bad. Between police & government surplus ammo purchasing, to the new laws, to all the newbies eating up guns & ammo.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:07 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 317 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
Not around here.
Both LGS's within 10 miles were both jammed all weekend long, half for the range and half for guns & ammo. Ammo at one shop is now limited to ONE box per customer (target ammo)....the other is 3 boxes. I asked one of the store owners point blank before I left because I'm sort of a regular there....if we have peaked yet with inflated prices and ammo shortages. He looked at me, shrugged his shoulders and said he thinks it will get worse before it levels out.

Time will tell, hang in there folks. All I know is I am fairly well stocked on all sides and refuse to get caught off guard if things suddenly get REALLY bad. Between police & government surplus ammo purchasing, to the new laws, to all the newbies eating up guns & ammo.

Yes...lots of newbys for sure. I saw not long ago, a couple buying their first firearm, a .380 semi auto. Problem was,they were buying 6 boxes of .38 cartridges for it. Fortunately the store owner got them plumbed up before they left.

"The government did not write the constitution to give rights to the people. The people wrote the constitution to limit the government's power."

LIFETIME NRA MEMBER SINCE 1977

Old 01-14-2013, 02:53 AM   #14
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1750 Times on 997 Posts
Likes Given: 3530

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Another website was chatting about Walmart, their managers are getting what they have ordered and thensome. Other have called it BS.

I am going to ask my Walmart this question Monday or Tuesday. Will post what their comment is, if any.

Now speaking of ammo, my area is still empty; however, with the current cold temps in the morning teens or single digits and the afternoon in the 30's, minus the wind temps. Alot are not hitting the outdoor range.

So I might see the shelves stocked.

Old 01-14-2013, 05:10 AM   #15

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I went out checking for a decent AR twice this month with no luck.
Palmetto Armory just had stripped lowers that people were in line to buy. I spoke with a female at their distribution warehouse where they build them who seemed to have absolutely no clue what was going on as far as them getting more in stock or the best way i should go about to obtain one! Lol

Last edited by JeeperSC; 01-14-2013 at 05:15 AM.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:48 PM   #16

Liked 391 Times on 212 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Thanks to some statements this morning by ole Tailgunner Joe, expect the ammo rush to continue.

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain

My Firearm Reviews -
Beretta U22 Neos
Magnum Research Baby Eagle II .45 ACP

Old 01-14-2013, 04:11 PM   #17

Liked 163 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 260

The lines at the LGS are getting shorter here, the ammo availability is still very low on everything except .410 and 16 ga shot shells. The AR's are on the shelf but at higher prices and the indoor range is a joke to get into with CCW classes every week instead of every two weeks.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:56 AM   #18

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Shortage still on in San Antonio

On Sunday I went to 2 Walmarts and an Acadamy Sporting Goods store. Not one box of 9 mm of any kind. Others were there looking too and had been to several other stores.

So I ordered 4 x 50 rnd boxes of Selliers and B-something at $14/box (the only in 9mm in stock for less that $25/box of 20 to 25 rnds) from Cabelas Online Store. I gatherd that the S&B is not the perfered ammo since it was the only thing left. I'll probably be sorry I bought so much of it. I also placed on backordere a 300 rnd bucket of Remmington (or maybe Federal) 9mm for the sale price of $89.99. That is supposed to be in by the end of March, 7 to 8 weeks they said.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:02 AM   #19

Liked 160 Times on 113 Posts

The lady at my Walmart says there warehouse is out of stock and will plan to restock asap. "Walmart is not against the 2A or shooters and were trying to restock as quickly as possible." Nice words....let's hope they're true. However while there I quickly put the punk employee in his place when he tried to tell a couple that .38 special cartridges would fire in a. 380 pistol. Uuuggghhh!!!

Old 01-15-2013, 04:42 AM   #20

Liked 2350 Times on 1528 Posts

Dying down? Not in nw Ohio. Haven't seen 9, 45, 223, etc since it started. Ar, mini, AK, double standard price, if not triple. What a joke.

Feral cat waterboarder