Great reason to exercise your 2nd amendment rights

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Great reason to exercise your 2nd amendment rights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2011, 06:29 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Great reason to exercise your 2nd amendment rights

Knockout King: Kids call it a game. Academics call it a bogus trend. Cops call it murder. - Page 5 - News - St. Louis - Riverfront Times

And don't give me the "but their just kids" bs. A 6'3 16 or 17 y/o male thats bigger than alot of 30 year old men and trys to knockout people for the hell of it is not a kid. One of these "children" were 5'11 186 pounds. And notice the tone of the article, it's like they imply that its some invisible force that takes control of these teens and makes them punch people. I bet you this same writer probably thinks the 2nd amendment should be repealed and no one should own guns and that all gun owners are monsters that eat babies. Maybe that author would change his tune when one of those "innocent children" rings his bell. But somehow I still doubt it.

And here's the best part....the police department is giving out high powered whistles and a free class in self defense. It's hilarious!!! Yeah, when that 5'11 186 pound child comes to knock you out blow your whistle, that'll show him. Moral of the story: guns are bad. When a child thats just under 200 pounds tries to knock you out for no reason, roll up in a ball and blow your whistle!

Although in this article, a police sgt gave some truly useful advice. He sounds like my kind of guy.
http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2011/04/22/st-louis-police-knew-about-knock-out-game-problem/

You got to love how if the guy was concealed carrying and blew one of those teens brains out, the rest of them would have "RIP" t shirts made. And on the news and at his funeral, everyone would be talking about how he was a saint, and how he sang in the church choir and how he wanted to be a heart surgeon and invent time travel.

Last edited by clip11; 06-18-2011 at 07:05 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-18-2011, 06:52 PM   #2

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

That is very disturbing, Clip.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 06-18-2011, 07:04 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6574 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Every one of them needs the crap beat out of them for that. That was horrible.

Old 06-18-2011, 09:13 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 28

What the cops should have done is let them do it again, and have some undercovers... "defend themselves." Problem solved.

This really bothers me. Wish the carry age was lower than 21

"I only regret I have but one life to lose for my country" Nathan Hale

Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Old 06-18-2011, 09:23 PM   #5

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

The problem with this attack is that I don't think the victim was aware, so having a weapon would have been much worse.

If he was aware, he didn't show it by his actions.

If he wasn't aware, as I suspect, getting KTFO and resultingly searched by his aggressors might have lead to him getting shot as well.

Situational Awareness would have gone a long ways in this instance. Even with a weapon it wouldn't do you any good to get cold cocked by some coward trying to prove something to his friends.

Take someone like DzScubie, IGETEVEN, Canebrake, or one of our other members that constantly preach about knowing your surroundings and put them in that situation, I can assure you the result would have been some leaking bad guys.

Living in a City like St. Louis, and I haven't been there since the late 90's, there is no way in hell you would find me out walking, by myself, unarmed, without a care in the world.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:25 PM   #6

The way I see it, it would have taken a second mag to give each of them what they deserved. Double tap x 7 = 14 rounds well placed if possible.
Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.

roger

Old 06-19-2011, 03:24 AM   #7

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

When I was in highschool something similar to this was going on. They would wait in the bathroom and they would attack you... Supposedly, a kid tried to attack someone else who was using the urinal and the guy slammed the attackers face into the metal part of the urinal, knocking him unconcious. Apparently this person then left the unconcious attacker lying there and continued to go to class.... I don't know who it was

But the game quit happening after that. Sometimes all it takes is a little display of what happens when you mess with the wrong person to make activities like this cease.

I will not be surprised when one or more of these kids gets shot, I would wager the "knock out game" will be game over...

Check out my blog:http://ithinkforme.blogspot.com/

Old 06-19-2011, 02:25 PM   #8

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Elevators in parking garages are notoriously located in very bad places and cause lots of situational awareness problems. Typically a bank of elevators are located at the dead end of a hall or in a corner with no other means of egress other than past the threat.

I almost never take the elevators and opt for the stairs or a walkway if I'm alone.

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 06-19-2011, 08:22 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

of course they sucker punch the guy when he's not looking and attack in a large group...how very brave of them....guess that's all it takes to make them feel like tough guys. So much for ACTUALLY being able to take someone in a fight.

Old 06-21-2011, 12:40 AM   #10

Likes Given: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRonas View Post
The way I see it, it would have taken a second mag to give each of them what they deserved. Double tap x 7 = 14 rounds well placed if possible.
Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.

roger
I doubt you'd have time to get off that many shots. Criminals like that are cowards by nature. You would get a double tap on one and the rest would disapear in the blink of an eye.

You are right, though, it's what they deserve.