Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Great reason to exercise your 2nd amendment rights (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/great-reason-exercise-your-2nd-amendment-rights-44037/)

clip11 06-18-2011 06:29 PM

Great reason to exercise your 2nd amendment rights

Knockout King: Kids call it a game. Academics call it a bogus trend. Cops call it murder. - Page 5 - News - St. Louis - Riverfront Times

And don't give me the "but their just kids" bs. A 6'3 16 or 17 y/o male thats bigger than alot of 30 year old men and trys to knockout people for the hell of it is not a kid. One of these "children" were 5'11 186 pounds. And notice the tone of the article, it's like they imply that its some invisible force that takes control of these teens and makes them punch people. I bet you this same writer probably thinks the 2nd amendment should be repealed and no one should own guns and that all gun owners are monsters that eat babies. Maybe that author would change his tune when one of those "innocent children" rings his bell. But somehow I still doubt it.

And here's the best part....the police department is giving out high powered whistles and a free class in self defense. It's hilarious!!! Yeah, when that 5'11 186 pound child comes to knock you out blow your whistle, that'll show him. Moral of the story: guns are bad. When a child thats just under 200 pounds tries to knock you out for no reason, roll up in a ball and blow your whistle!

Although in this article, a police sgt gave some truly useful advice. He sounds like my kind of guy.
http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2011/04/22/st-louis-police-knew-about-knock-out-game-problem/

You got to love how if the guy was concealed carrying and blew one of those teens brains out, the rest of them would have "RIP" t shirts made. And on the news and at his funeral, everyone would be talking about how he was a saint, and how he sang in the church choir and how he wanted to be a heart surgeon and invent time travel.

M14sRock 06-18-2011 06:52 PM

That is very disturbing, Clip.

texaswoodworker 06-18-2011 07:04 PM

Every one of them needs the crap beat out of them for that. That was horrible.

easterner123 06-18-2011 09:13 PM

What the cops should have done is let them do it again, and have some undercovers... "defend themselves." Problem solved.

This really bothers me. Wish the carry age was lower than 21

Dillinger 06-18-2011 09:23 PM

The problem with this attack is that I don't think the victim was aware, so having a weapon would have been much worse.

If he was aware, he didn't show it by his actions.

If he wasn't aware, as I suspect, getting KTFO and resultingly searched by his aggressors might have lead to him getting shot as well.

Situational Awareness would have gone a long ways in this instance. Even with a weapon it wouldn't do you any good to get cold cocked by some coward trying to prove something to his friends.

Take someone like DzScubie, IGETEVEN, Canebrake, or one of our other members that constantly preach about knowing your surroundings and put them in that situation, I can assure you the result would have been some leaking bad guys.

Living in a City like St. Louis, and I haven't been there since the late 90's, there is no way in hell you would find me out walking, by myself, unarmed, without a care in the world. :eek:

RogerRonas 06-18-2011 11:25 PM

The way I see it, it would have taken a second mag to give each of them what they deserved. Double tap x 7 = 14 rounds well placed if possible.
Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.

roger

Cory2 06-19-2011 03:24 AM

When I was in highschool something similar to this was going on. They would wait in the bathroom and they would attack you... Supposedly, a kid tried to attack someone else who was using the urinal and the guy slammed the attackers face into the metal part of the urinal, knocking him unconcious. Apparently this person then left the unconcious attacker lying there and continued to go to class.... I don't know who it was :rolleyes:

But the game quit happening after that. Sometimes all it takes is a little display of what happens when you mess with the wrong person to make activities like this cease.

I will not be surprised when one or more of these kids gets shot, I would wager the "knock out game" will be game over...

dog2000tj 06-19-2011 02:25 PM

Elevators in parking garages are notoriously located in very bad places and cause lots of situational awareness problems. Typically a bank of elevators are located at the dead end of a hall or in a corner with no other means of egress other than past the threat.

I almost never take the elevators and opt for the stairs or a walkway if I'm alone. :cool:

ta1588 06-19-2011 08:22 PM

of course they sucker punch the guy when he's not looking and attack in a large group...how very brave of them....guess that's all it takes to make them feel like tough guys. So much for ACTUALLY being able to take someone in a fight.

Texgunner 06-21-2011 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerRonas (Post 525280)
The way I see it, it would have taken a second mag to give each of them what they deserved. Double tap x 7 = 14 rounds well placed if possible.
Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.

roger

I doubt you'd have time to get off that many shots. Criminals like that are cowards by nature. You would get a double tap on one and the rest would disapear in the blink of an eye.

You are right, though, it's what they deserve.