Great link to show uninformed people
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Great link to show uninformed people

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2014, 11:11 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 460 Times on 254 Posts
Likes Given: 919

Default Great link to show uninformed people

Hey guys, I was browsing around on the internet earlier and found a link to a website that clearly explains the origins of the term "assault weapon", and the differences between "assault weapons" and AR-15s. I'll put the link at the bottom of this, but I believe that it does a very good job explaining the difference, and can hopefully inform people who are anti-gun (it's even a good read if you're pro-gun). Let me know what you guys think.

www.assaultweapon.info

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-20-2014, 01:57 AM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2980 Times on 1451 Posts
Likes Given: 1505

Franklin,

Very good Thread you have posted. Explaining the difference and the fact that our AR-15s and similar weapons are "Not Assualt Rifles!

But since we are on that. Has anyone seen the new Daniel Defense advertisement on the Outdoor Channel. I am as pro gun as they come as everyone here should know by now! And am very outsoken against this Administration and their attacks on our Rights and Second Amendment. I also like the Daniel Defense product very well and they make a fine product. But if you watch their new advertisement video and you were subjected to the lies of the ant-gun crowd, you could certainly might be missled by the new advertisement. They show their weapons and almost everyone in the advertisement is firing in full auto mode! Only my opinion but I do not think this was a wise choice with all the heat we catch about the misrepresentation of our sproting and semi autos being ASSAULT RIFLES! Only a thought! We do not need to be giving the anti-gunners the ammunition of confusing the public about the truth about our rifles in the civilian world. They can have mine after they pry my cold dead hands from them! As Charlton Heston stated!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 03-20-2014, 04:15 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
Franklin,

Very good Thread you have posted. Explaining the difference and the fact that our AR-15s and similar weapons are "Not Assualt Rifles!

But since we are on that. Has anyone seen the new Daniel Defense advertisement on the Outdoor Channel. I am as pro gun as they come as everyone here should know by now! And am very outsoken against this Administration and their attacks on our Rights and Second Amendment. I also like the Daniel Defense product very well and they make a fine product. But if you watch their new advertisement video and you were subjected to the lies of the ant-gun crowd, you could certainly might be missled by the new advertisement. They show their weapons and almost everyone in the advertisement is firing in full auto mode! Only my opinion but I do not think this was a wise choice with all the heat we catch about the misrepresentation of our sproting and semi autos being ASSAULT RIFLES! Only a thought! We do not need to be giving the anti-gunners the ammunition of confusing the public about the truth about our rifles in the civilian world. They can have mine after they pry my cold dead hands from them! As Charlton Heston stated!

I have not seen that ad, but agree 100%. We have to realize that people are afraid of things that they don't understand, and we have to cater towards that. Seeing a video of a automatic gun would definitely scare the uninformed citizen, as well as give fuel to the gun-grabbers.

Franklin

Old 03-20-2014, 04:24 AM   #4
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22107 Times on 12429 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin1995 View Post
I have not seen that ad, but agree 100%. We have to realize that people are afraid of things that they don't understand, and we have to cater towards that. Seeing a video of a automatic gun would definitely scare the uninformed citizen, as well as give fuel to the gun-grabbers.

Franklin
great link Franklin! very well put in their information. but, the sad fact is most of those things are things we know to be true, but the anti-gunners will pretty much turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to these facts.

Old 03-20-2014, 04:41 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
great link Franklin! very well put in their information. but, the sad fact is most of those things are things we know to be true, but the anti-gunners will pretty much turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to these facts.
That's true, but we aren't trying to win over the real anti-gunners. We're trying to win over the people who fell for the anti-gunners lies, and in that regard, showing them that page could help. If we could convince our anti-gun friends to take 5 minutes and look at that, it could help start a logical conversation. We're never going to get anywhere if we take the attitude that the anti-gunners will turn a blind eye. The day we do that is the day we lose. We have the truth on our side, we just have to help it catch up.

“A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.” - Winston Churchill

Franklin

Old 03-20-2014, 04:44 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3273 Times on 2252 Posts
Likes Given: 1611

Assault rifle was a forceful propaganda term invented by the Nazis. It should have never been applied to semi-automatic rifles in American English. It is the same as naming the National Guard storm troopers. Now it is stuck, with all its negative connotations.

Maybe the NRA could buy some high profile ads (and I would contribute) saying that we do not own assault rifles in this country, except a tiny number of collectors.

Old 03-20-2014, 04:47 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
Assault rifle was a forceful propaganda term invented by the Nazis. It should have never been applied to semi-automatic rifles in American English. It is the same as naming the National Guard storm troopers. Now it is stuck, with all its negative connotations.

Maybe the NRA could buy some high profile ads (and I would contribute) saying that we do not own assault rifles in this country, except a tiny number of collectors.
The idea is good in theory, but I don't think it would work very well. People need proof in order to change their opinion. I can't imagine that a ad by the "big bad NRA" that they've been hearing wants to arm school teachers and make machine guns legal would be very effective unless it was a few minutes long. This gun battle isn't going to be won by big money ads or tv interviews. It's going to be won by normal, law abiding gun owners going out and teaching their friends. Showing them that we aren't some trigger happy idiots who go out looking for a gun fight. Then in turn, those friends might talk to their friends. People tend to be mad when they find out that the media and politicians have been lying to them for years.

Franklin

Last edited by Franklin1995; 03-20-2014 at 04:55 AM.