Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > The great conspiracy?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2011, 03:04 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default The great conspiracy?

Has anyone noticed the increase in Government conspiracy theories that abound lately? And not from crazy wing nut theorists. Increased warnings from the NRA concerning the government hatching a plan to confiscate your guns? Building distrust In the current administration with the Fast and Furious scandal when the problem actually started way back in 2003 in the Bush administration. Millions had been funneled into Mexico through the Dept. of Defense before Obama was even gleam in the Democratic eye, yet it's big news that money is being given to the corrupt Mexican officials just recently. It wasn't right then and it isn't right now, yet we are expected to act outraged at the Democratic party and the anti-gun shenanigans. When the admittedly NRA friendly Repubs were doing the naughtiness, where were the defenders of liberty and freedom?

Oh, that's right. There was no wrongdoing during the Republican administration. I'm a conservative Democrat, by the way. But I've considered No Party Preference.

If all of this is true, what then? Will any of you give up your guns when the secret UN treaty is enforced? The government has been keeping pretty good records when it comes to Americans buying firearms. Are you willing to rollover and play the good and loyal American?

What's scarier still is that the NRA is using these issues, true or not, to further it's own agenda. Don't get the wrong idea. I'm an NRA member too. But since I have joined I've received several LAST NOTICE flyers to renew my membership. There's been a HUGE push to get me to buy Life insurance, car insurance, even the NRA wine club, if you can believe that! I have a feeling that this is all building up to something.

I for one am tired of the manipulation by all sides. I don't need the government deciding for me how I should do this or that. I don't want the NRA telling me who I should vote for through intimidation and fear. And I certainly don't think the NRA Wine club is appropriate. Wine? Come on!

Para bellum!!

Proud NRA Member! #172327456

Lansing, MI
Ruger P95PR and counting...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-24-2011, 03:27 AM   #2

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

The NRA is a capitalistic organization. PERIOD.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 11-24-2011, 03:31 AM   #3

Liked 2140 Times on 968 Posts
Likes Given: 2079

Maybe you should review some history and read the federalist papers. A good American doesn't roll over and surrender to tyranny. That's why we have 2a.

Old 11-24-2011, 03:46 AM   #4

Capitalists yes. Wine! Of all things! Guns and booze don't mix.

Para bellum!!

Lansing, MI

Last edited by crackshot; 11-24-2011 at 04:30 AM.

Old 11-24-2011, 04:57 AM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

There are several differences between the "gun walking" programs that went on during the Bush years and "Fast & Furious." The main one is, in the Bush era, our government was working with Mexican officials to interdict the firearms, in "F&F", no such cooperation between US Law Enforcement and Mexico's. And the sheer number of firearms walked by this administration, in less than 2 years time, is double or more the number in both Bush era programs. Hell, the ones still unaccounted for from "F&F" is more than the combined number of both Bush programs.

Oh, and one other little difference, the Bush programs didn't provide weapons used in the murders of 2 Federal LEO's.

Old 11-24-2011, 05:41 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Conspiracy?

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-24-2011, 05:49 AM   #7
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2132 Times on 1064 Posts
Likes Given: 1089

As I stated in another post. Come to get my guns and see what you get!
That is not a threat it is a promise. "SO COME GET EM! Bring your body bags with you so you can leave in them! I am a true American and I will defend America and our rights as I have done with most of you in the past! If they are monitoring our posts they can take this to the bank! As the Japanese stated when they decided not to attack the American homeland. There will be a gun behind every tree!

Old 11-24-2011, 11:18 AM   #8

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
As I stated in another post. Come to get my guns and see what you get!
That is not a threat it is a promise. "SO COME GET EM! Bring your body bags with you so you can leave in them! I am a true American and I will defend America and our rights as I have done with most of you in the past! If they are monitoring our posts they can take this to the bank! As the Japanese stated when they decided not to attack the American homeland. There will be a gun behind every tree!

You are correct....up to a point. There are parts of these United States where the population is armed (some armed to the teeth) and will stand up against any federal attempts to confiscate their guns. Those parts are, most likely, the more rural areas where the people use their guns for hunting AND are constantly honing their shooting skills. The places where any confiscation plans will most likely succeed are the urban areas...cities where there are "casual" gun owners who occasionally head out to the range to run a few rounds through their guns.

Don't get me wrong, there are both types of people in both areas so there will be some who submit to federal confiscation (circa Red Dawn - the original - but to a much lesser degree). If anything would ignite armed revolt, a federal attempt at full gun confiscation could be the "trigger" for such an event.

As the bottom line of my signature states, bring yours if you come for mine!

Old 11-24-2011, 11:41 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickhauler
There are several differences between the "gun walking" programs that went on during the Bush years and "Fast & Furious." The main one is, in the Bush era, our government was working with Mexican officials to interdict the firearms, in "F&F", no such cooperation between US Law Enforcement and Mexico's. (snip)

Oh, and one other little difference, the Bush programs didn't provide weapons used in the murders of 2 Federal LEO's.
That's also incorrect. The number of firearms reported to the US government was vastly understated during Bush's program; a lot of soldiers in the Mexican army defected to the Cartels with their rifles and a lot of other ordnance when the criminal groups exerted their influence with either money or violence. Poverty is a driving force. It was proven the first program didn't work; why it was restarted is anyone's guess (trying to prove our gun laws were too lax). Hopefully, the investigation will continue

Either way, the guns fell into the wrong hands. Watch this interview by the NRA regarding this issue.

Para bellum!!

Lansing, MI

Old 11-24-2011, 12:30 PM   #10

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Everyone needs to remember who is doling out this information. For the most part the statement "you will only know what they want you to know" has merit. Penn state has received way more press then F&F.

USAF 77-99
MAC trained killer