Grannys with Guns

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Grannys with Guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2014, 10:05 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1064 Times on 552 Posts
Likes Given: 573

Default Grannys with Guns

AURORA – Grandmothers Konnie Couch and Robin Willoughby, 52 and 57, from Aurora in Dearborn County sit next to each other in matching pink shirts and chat about their businesses, grandchildren, illnesses. And their guns.

Both women have concealed carry licenses and carry their handguns with them at all times. And they know how to use them.

Couch and Willoughby are the founders of a new local group, Women Armed and Ready, or WAR. After both women were robbed around 2011, they decided they were tired of being victims and didn't want to see others go through what they did. After two years of development, they held their first meeting May 6.

"The thing of it is, bad things happen to good people all the time, and, if something bad is going to happen, it's gonna happen without warning," Couch said. "It's gonna be very quick, and you've gotta be prepared for it."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2014/08/04/seeking-security-women-turn-guns/13609625/

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-06-2014, 10:35 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3143 Times on 1815 Posts
Likes Given: 1999

love it!......

Old 08-06-2014, 11:31 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6530 Times on 3642 Posts
Likes Given: 6162

I wish more folks had that much common sense.

Old 08-07-2014, 03:24 PM   #4

Liked 21 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 175

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseric View Post
AURORA – Grandmothers Konnie Couch and Robin Willoughby, 52 and 57, from Aurora in Dearborn County sit next to each other in matching pink shirts and chat about their businesses, grandchildren, illnesses. And their guns.

Both women have concealed carry licenses and carry their handguns with them at all times. And they know how to use them.

Couch and Willoughby are the founders of a new local group, Women Armed and Ready, or WAR. After both women were robbed around 2011, they decided they were tired of being victims and didn't want to see others go through what they did. After two years of development, they held their first meeting May 6.

"The thing of it is, bad things happen to good people all the time, and, if something bad is going to happen, it's gonna happen without warning," Couch said. "It's gonna be very quick, and you've gotta be prepared for it."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2014/08/04/seeking-security-women-turn-guns/13609625/

Rock it, Grannies!!

Cnon

Old 08-08-2014, 12:12 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2250 Times on 1224 Posts
Likes Given: 3512

Good on the ladies for protecting themselves.

Many years ago our city council person was an elderly lady whom ran a liquor store. One night while closing up shop she was attacked by a cretin. She shot the scumbag square between the running lights with a .25 automatic.

Old 08-08-2014, 12:19 AM   #6

Liked 367 Times on 234 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
Good on the ladies for protecting themselves.

Many years ago our city council person was an elderly lady whom ran a liquor store. One night while closing up shop she was attacked by a cretin. She shot the scumbag square between the running lights with a .25 automatic.
Sounds like she had good aim! Wow

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...

Old 08-08-2014, 04:24 AM   #7

Liked 136 Times on 97 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Awesome stuff.

I wish my grandma was into guns, you hated them.

Grandpa loved them, he used to point his 1911 at me as he loaded it.

Woof Woof Dirtbag!!!

Old 08-08-2014, 04:33 AM   #8

Liked 2394 Times on 1400 Posts
Likes Given: 538

Until my grandmother broke her hip bringing in firewood at the spry age of 88, she used to make the trip to her mailbox, with her 7x57 Mauser or a H&R shotgun. Mostly because of snakes or cougars.. Her mail box was 1/2 mile down the hill from her SW Texas house. She's 101 now and living in a retirement home, now. She had me go and get the guns out of her house after she went into the home.

Quite a woman.

Old 08-08-2014, 05:11 AM   #9
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
Until my grandmother broke her hip bringing in firewood at the spry age of 88, she used to make the trip to her mailbox, with her 7x57 Mauser or a H&R shotgun. Mostly because of snakes or cougars.. Her mail box was 1/2 mile down the hill from her SW Texas house. She's 101 now and living in a retirement home, now. She had me go and get the guns out of her house after she went into the home.

Quite a woman.
my own granny kept an old single shot 410 for protection in the corner of her bedroom. i think my father has it now.

funny story. she once many years ago shot at a stray dog with that shotgun that had chased her cat up a tree. she was trying to scare it off, which she did. well the police showed up and took her shotgun away from her, instead of writing her a ticket for discharging a firearm inside the city limits. (when my grandparents bought that house and first moved into it, it was a few miles from the city limits) my father went down to the station and picked it up.
Old 08-08-2014, 05:26 AM   #10

Liked 2394 Times on 1400 Posts
Likes Given: 538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
my own granny kept an old single shot 410 for protection in the corner of her bedroom. i think my father has it now.

funny story. she once many years ago shot at a stray dog with that shotgun that had chased her cat up a tree. she was trying to scare it off, which she did. well the police showed up and took her shotgun away from her, instead of writing her a ticket for discharging a firearm inside the city limits. (when my grandparents bought that house and first moved into it, it was a few miles from the city limits) my father went down to the station and picked it up.
Yeah, Nano used her .410 to put down a feral dog, countless armadillos, skunks, rabbits and other critters that got into her garden. I remember one letter I got from her when she stated that my cousins had stopped by to hunt deer. They headed out to the deer stands on the corners of the property. After a couple hours, she dropped a buck, with the Mauser, that was in her garden getting into her corn. Cousins were skunked that day.