Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > grandpaw thrown in jail for warning shot in ground.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 05:21 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4550 Times on 2200 Posts
Likes Given: 1355

Wow, my first quadruple BINGO!

Tack

Old 02-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #52
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Well in the end the right thing happened and Grandpa was reunited with his family and all is right with the world...

NRA Life Member

" Guns have only two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS"

"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

The U.S. Constitution: The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the Poloticians ignore the others"

Old 02-24-2012, 04:39 PM   #53
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Firing rounds into the air is NEVER a good idea, but doing what he did worked.

You can "suppose" till the cows come home but it doesn't mean it happened. Fact is he didn't fire into the sky, hit a rock and ricochet into one of his grandkids or have black gold come bubblin' out of the ground. Fact is none of that happened.

It is also a fact that the best training classes on the planet do not and cannot prepare for every isolated circumstance, and Grandpa may not have had any training at all. He did not "crank off rounds in a random direction to "scare" people", he fired one single round into the ground in front of himself (presumably) as a warning that he was armed with a gun and was willing to use it in order to get the bad guy to stop and comply with his orders.

JonM, what would you do if you were faced with a situation that was not covered in your extensive training (or perhaps a perp who has not been through the same training)? Call your instructor? Wet your pants? Or improvise, adapt and overcome? Personally I would hope that I would do the latter.

Again, Grandpa apprehended the bad guy and held him without injury until the police arrived. I see nothing wrong with that. The only thing that went wrong in my opinion was Grandpa's arrest.
I also feel this way about the situation!

Bob

GeorgiaCarry.Org (GCO)