grandpaw thrown in jail for warning shot in ground. - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

grandpaw thrown in jail for warning shot in ground.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 09:44 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

God help me should I ever meet this type of cop...No way I served 6 year, 2 overseas tours, and literally broke my back in the process to put up with and ass clown in blue. No way.

Fortunately or LEO's out west don't yet seem to have thier heads lodged in their asses.

Tack

Old 02-23-2012, 09:54 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Very true. It could have been just the time I let my Border Collie out for a romp. He LOVES to chase and catch anything fast moving. But then I'd probably be fined for having my dog off leash.

Have you seen this video? The father died on the way to the hospital. And what ass would keep videoing while toddler plays with a gun? I would have lunged to get that gun away from that kid. I also think the gun hit the kid in the forehead after he shot it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAE-m2KOjSg
I thought this was a video of Muslim birth control? Little Johney Jihad just made sure daddy can't father and daughter to abuse before selling her off to the highest bidder.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:01 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Dont get me wrong i dont think he should have been arrested or his guns taken. But he should face civil fines for discharging a firearm recklessly if and only if he is in a city or town that prohibits discharging firearms in such a manner.

Woulda been better to have shot the sob than fired a warning shot.
I'm with downsouth on this one. Nothing reckless about putting a pistol round into your lawn. The notion that he should have shot the perp is also ridiculous.

If it took a warning shot to gain compliance and end the ordeal with the BG in cuffs and NO bloodshed then so be it. That's a good day.

The arresting LEO's are the joke in this story. Were I an LEO, Id be calling for thier badges, not making lame excuses for their incompetence.

Tack

Old 02-23-2012, 10:16 PM   #44

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

I'm with downsouth on this one. Nothing reckless about putting a pistol round into your lawn. The notion that he should have shot the perp is also ridiculous.

If it took a warning shot to gain compliance and end the ordeal with the BG in cuffs and NO bloodshed then so be it. That's a good day.

The arresting LEO's are the joke in this story. Were I an LEO, Id be calling for thier badges, not making lame excuses for their incompetence.

Tack
Bingo.......

Old 02-23-2012, 10:31 PM   #45

Liked 3740 Times on 1828 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post

Tack
Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Bingo.......
I'll 2nd that bingo

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 02-23-2012, 10:36 PM   #46

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/update-felony-charges-dropped-against-nh-man-who-fired-warning-shot-during-burglary/

Well the spinless priques are dismissing charges against MR. Flemming. The outcry was simply too much for the district attorney. Oh, he did not say that in the prepared press release, but it is clear that was the deciding factor that turned the tide against these abusers.

Like water over a rock, these azzholes are eroding my respect for the authorities that have sworn an oath to our constitution. I know there are good people who serve us daily, standup against those who smeer your service. The day is comming when you will have to stand on one side of a line or another. You will need to be grounded in what you think is right.
It is coming and I believe you know it in your heart, if not, check your gut.

Last edited by downsouth; 02-23-2012 at 10:39 PM.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:38 PM   #47

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The cops probably arrested him because they feel the American law abiding citizens have to do they're job for them because they are to incompetent to do it themselves. That is effed up. I wouldn't arrest him but I would make sure his gun was legal. That's about it. It would be so hard for me to let a BG get off with my stuff he tried to steal. I probably would've shot a round in the ground to stop him too. If u think about it. Will the cops actually catch him if the guy didn't stop him. Probably not.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:19 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post

Tack
triple bingo, and thanx for saying it, i didnt wanna type all that!!

Old 02-24-2012, 03:22 AM   #49
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
do you think it is a good idea to crank off rounds into the ground or the sky or whatever as a method of self defense??

there was a good outcome but consider if that round had of hit a rock under the dirt and plunked into the skull of one of his 14 grandkids...

my point is that it is not beyound justice to fine him for reckless discharge when he was likely in no danger. since he did not see sufficient threat to shoot the guy he should not have shot his gun off.

no use of force class or ccw training i have ever taken or even heard off directs a citizen to crank off rounds in a random direction to "scare" people.
Firing rounds into the air is NEVER a good idea, but doing what he did worked.

You can "suppose" till the cows come home but it doesn't mean it happened. Fact is he didn't fire into the sky, hit a rock and ricochet into one of his grandkids or have black gold come bubblin' out of the ground. Fact is none of that happened.

It is also a fact that the best training classes on the planet do not and cannot prepare for every isolated circumstance, and Grandpa may not have had any training at all. He did not "crank off rounds in a random direction to "scare" people", he fired one single round into the ground in front of himself (presumably) as a warning that he was armed with a gun and was willing to use it in order to get the bad guy to stop and comply with his orders.

JonM, what would you do if you were faced with a situation that was not covered in your extensive training (or perhaps a perp who has not been through the same training)? Call your instructor? Wet your pants? Or improvise, adapt and overcome? Personally I would hope that I would do the latter.

Again, Grandpa apprehended the bad guy and held him without injury until the police arrived. I see nothing wrong with that. The only thing that went wrong in my opinion was Grandpa's arrest.

Old 02-24-2012, 04:49 AM   #50
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 145 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Put me down for a Bingo too Tack.

http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14888.png
Retired LE, M.P., Sr. M.P. Investigator, armorer, F.B.I. Trained Rangemaster/Firearms Instructor , Presently Forensic Document Examiner for D.H.S.