grandpaw thrown in jail for warning shot in ground. - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > grandpaw thrown in jail for warning shot in ground.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 06:40 PM   #31
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8554 Times on 5105 Posts
Likes Given: 11189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
This is why you need a German Shepherd or other four legged protector!
Very true. It could have been just the time I let my Border Collie out for a romp. He LOVES to chase and catch anything fast moving. But then I'd probably be fined for having my dog off leash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Not even at weddings?

Have you seen this video? The father died on the way to the hospital. And what ass would keep videoing while toddler plays with a gun? I would have lunged to get that gun away from that kid. I also think the gun hit the kid in the forehead after he shot it.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:44 PM   #32
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6672 Times on 3551 Posts
Likes Given: 503

Dont get me wrong i dont think he should have been arrested or his guns taken. But he should face civil fines for discharging a firearm recklessly if and only if he is in a city or town that prohibits discharging firearms in such a manner.

Woulda been better to have shot the sob than fired a warning shot.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 02-23-2012, 07:19 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default The changeling.....

This is what you have to look forward to in your retirement age. You work all your life to have peace of mind and a little protection and BAM.... Some a$$ hole comes into the picture and steals it away. And to add salt to the wound the police in this case will put the final nail in the coffin....... Next time BLOW the head off the perp when he is climbing out the window......Then yell freeze A$$ hole.......Obama is my Hero........lol.......

Old 02-23-2012, 07:34 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 32 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Thats why you DONOT discharge a weapon without your life being in danger.

Shooting "warning" shots is about as stupid as handing the burgler your gun while you get the magazine loaded....

I think he should at least be fined for gross stupidity in a no stupid zone
You're just kidding us, right?

GeorgiaCarry.Org (GCO)

Old 02-23-2012, 07:38 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 32 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Dont get me wrong i dont think he should have been arrested or his guns taken. But he should face civil fines for discharging a firearm recklessly if and only if he is in a city or town that prohibits discharging firearms in such a manner.

Woulda been better to have shot the sob than fired a warning shot.
Another joke, right?

GeorgiaCarry.Org (GCO)

Old 02-23-2012, 07:40 PM   #36

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

I just don't know how the person in charge thinks that confiscating this mans personal property (guns) is a legal act. If it is deemed not to be lawful, so much for the argument about leos not following an unlawful order.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:18 PM   #37
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6672 Times on 3551 Posts
Likes Given: 503

Quote:
Originally Posted by etbob9 View Post
Another joke, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by etbob9 View Post
You're just kidding us, right?
do you think it is a good idea to crank off rounds into the ground or the sky or whatever as a method of self defense??

there was a good outcome but consider if that round had of hit a rock under the dirt and plunked into the skull of one of his 14 grandkids...

my point is that it is not beyound justice to fine him for reckless discharge when he was likely in no danger. since he did not see sufficient threat to shoot the guy he should not have shot his gun off.

no use of force class or ccw training i have ever taken or even heard off directs a citizen to crank off rounds in a random direction to "scare" people.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 02-23-2012, 08:36 PM   #38

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM

do you think it is a good idea to crank off rounds into the ground or the sky or whatever as a method of self defense??

there was a good outcome but consider if that round had of hit a rock under the dirt and plunked into the skull of one of his 14 grandkids...

my point is that it is not beyound justice to fine him for reckless discharge when he was likely in no danger. since he did not see sufficient threat to shoot the guy he should not have shot his gun off.

no use of force class or ccw training i have ever taken or even heard off directs a citizen to crank off rounds in a random direction to "scare" people.
He did not crank off rounds into the sky. No need to misrepresent. I think with what he was confronted with grandpaw did a decent job of critical thinking and problem resolution. He probably has not gone to frontsight or the likes. As far as what if he hit a rock when he shot into the ground. He probably knows his yard and the immediate area better than anyone in the world. It seemed to workout, lets stick to the facts we know.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:52 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Desperate times......

Back in the stone age I would walk around my property at nite with a 12 gauge shot gun fully loaded and shoot armadilos and possums, etc etc etc and not one time did my neighbors call the cops...... Only once did someone ask about all the shooting, it was a yankee visiting my neighbor. Since I no longer do this because of the inphlux of idiots who would rather be raped, robbed an killed before using a gun They will call the cops.....By the way, who do you think will end up with the guns that were takin........ I just hope he has a judge thats pro gun........We have one here in the parrish that won't go into court without his pistol under his coat, and one under the bench.........

Old 02-23-2012, 09:17 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Have you seen this video?
Syria seems less and less fun lately.