Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   grandpaw thrown in jail for warning shot in ground. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/grandpaw-thrown-jail-warning-shot-ground-58534/)

downsouth 02-23-2012 12:25 AM

A 61 year old man was arrested for firing a warning shot in the ground. He held the criminal until police arrived. Not only did they arrest both men, they confiscated the good guys guns in the house. WHAT THE HELL? There are places in this country that I would not even want to buy a slurpee and take a crap on the way to "free America".

http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_news/133341/grandfather_gets_arrested_for_holding

robocop10mm 02-23-2012 12:31 AM

The stupid, it burns police, too!

vincent 02-23-2012 12:35 AM

In NH??? There's something more to this than meets the eye...it doesn't happen that way...not legally...not in NH...:confused:

downsouth 02-23-2012 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robocop10mm
The stupid, it burns police, too!

It was the police that tried to make the argument that he endangered the public by firing the shot in the ground. Shepard Smith made the comment that the only thing he endangered was a mole.

It did not seem to burn the police that was interviewed by fox news.

Face it, there are cops among us that don't want the good citizens armed.

There are teachers who know whats better for our kids, in their opinion.

There are cafeteria workers who will not let your kids eat the lunch you packed for them.

To me what happened in the op was akin to someone in an eastern block country would suffer.

Laws that allow what happened are proof positive of my rant, IMHO

BikerRN 02-23-2012 12:50 AM

Next time shoot the badguy if you can articulate a reasonable reason that is legal.
If not, don't fire.

downsouth 02-23-2012 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincent
In NH??? There's something more to this than meets the eye...it doesn't happen that way...not legally...not in NH...:confused:

Yea there is some more.
WE ARE NOT FREE. THE POWERS THAT BE WANT US TO LIVE IN FEAR! THE BASTARDS WANT ONE THING, POWER. IF YOU CAN PROTECT YOURSELF FROM SCUM, IT USURPS THEIR POWER. THE POLICE THAT ARRESTED THAT 61 YEAR OLD MAN
ARE 10X THE CRIMINAL THAN THE BURGULAR. SORRY, BUT I TRULEY DON'T BELIEVE THAT IT "BURNS A WHOLE BUNCH OF COPS". YOUR STATEMENT JUST DON'T HOLD WATER.

I STAND READY TO BE JETISONED FOR THE ABOVE STATEMENT.
BAN AWAY!!!!!!

vincent 02-23-2012 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downsouth (Post 717429)
Yea there is some more.
WE ARE NOT FREE. THE POWERS THAT BE WANT US TO LIVE IN FEAR! THE BASTARDS WANT ONE THING, POWER. IF YOU CAN PROTECT YOURSELF FROM SCUM, IT USURPS THEIR POWER. THE POLICE THAT ARRESTED THAT 61 YEAR OLD MAN
ARE 10X THE CRIMINAL THAN THE BURGULAR. SORRY, BUT I TRULEY DON'T BELIEVE THAT IT "BURNS A WHOLE BUNCH OF COPS". YOUR STATEMENT JUST DON'T HOLD WATER.

I STAND READY TO BE JETISONED FOR THE ABOVE STATEMENT.
BAN AWAY!!!!!!

It's all good buddy, we love ya!!! Somebody effed up for sure, just have to wait and see how it turns out I suppsose, still a cryin' shame though...:mad:

downsouth 02-23-2012 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincent

It's all good buddy, we love ya!!! Somebody effed up for sure, just have to wait and see how it turns out I suppsose, still a cryin' shame though...:mad:

I know my b/p is up. It just hurts to see headline after headline, day after day at what is happening to the citizens of what used to be a great nation, built and founded on individual freedoms and responsibilities.

The content of the post is like seeing a person having a heart attack and you are arrested for giving cpr.

unclebear 02-23-2012 01:14 AM

damned yankee police (no offense), I don't understand why I think that most of them have napoleon syndrum have to wave there power around make them feel better for locking up a old man...

vincent 02-23-2012 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downsouth (Post 717448)
I know my b/p is up. It just hurts to see headline after headline, day after day at what is happening to the citizens of what used to be a great nation, built and founded on individual freedoms and responsibilities.

The content of the post is like seeing a person having a heart attack and you are arrested for giving cpr.

Yeah, you know damn well who just gave you a "thumbs up"!!!!:D