Grandmother supports gun control - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Grandmother supports gun control

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2010, 04:44 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I don't think that is always the case. My grandmother's lil Chihuahua was so loud that it scared a burglar into diving through a closed window to get out of her house. An aunt i had also had several instances in which her untrained dog instinctively seperated questionable persons from her personal space. I'm not a big fan of dogs personally, but many of them do seem to have natural protective instincts towards their "family". Even the little lap dogs that seem so useless seem to bark at strangers and unexpected noises which might give the owner time to make a call to 911 or something of the sort.
I'm with you on this one. At the very least, a good dog is an early warning device. At best, it is enough deterrent to send the criminal elsewhere.

I have an aunt who is as lefty as they get, we simply agree to disagree. It is a quiet unspoken agreement, as she is one of the fragile types Josh mentioned. But at least she has a dog.

Old 05-15-2010, 05:14 PM   #22

Liked 4714 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1440

These unfortunate attitudes are a product of the nany state and embraced by those who've never been attacked or had to face down danger. Those of us who have know better and many Americans who have not, still know better.

The polls I read shows most Americans, 60% or more, still support gun rights, and it falls to us to either gently educate, or boldly challenge anyone who dares to speak otherwise.

If you have decent oratory skills and the facts on your side you CAN win this debate every single time. The key is to remember that the first person to loose there temper, looses the debate and I've yet to meet a flaming liberal who was not a HOT head.

1. Let them rant?
2. Respectfully question them with facts?
3. Watch thier faces MELT in frustration.

Remember, your target is not the ranting liberal, YOU CAN'T CURE STUPID, your target is group of polite fence sitters who are listening to the exchange.

TACK

Old 05-15-2010, 07:12 PM   #23

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
The idea that a Rabbi would refer to the Founding Fathers as "racist,elitist slave owners" is downright hilarious considering the greatest leaders of the Nation of Israel were genocidal slave owners who killed others (or had them killed) not only for their property, but to take their wives. Few peoples in this world are actually proud of the fact that they have been repeatedly punished by God, even to the brink of extermination, for being wanton and immoral.
Note: What Nazi Germany did was done by men; not God....and no, I am not anti-Jew. History is history.

Gun control: The concept that only the government and criminals have firearms rights; and the idea that a woman raped and beaten to death or a family butchered by home invaders are morally superior to those that use a firearm to defend themselves.
Yep-historically speaking your right.
My Jewish ancestry is from the Tribe of Levites- Moses' "Praetorian Guard".

If you disobeyed the Teachings of God or Moses,we would pay your family a visit.

Usually no one -women or children- survived.

I simply take umbrage at the fact that we were once a fierce nomadic people,now because of traitors that lick the boots that kick them a good majority of us think the state should control all weapons-even AFTER the Holocaust.

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Last edited by KalashnikovJosh; 05-15-2010 at 07:16 PM.