Grand Rapids MI PD Response to Open Carrier - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Grand Rapids MI PD Response to Open Carrier

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2014, 11:45 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2520 Times on 1133 Posts
Likes Given: 2418

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
Well I should have known this would degenerate to this level. Don't know why I even bother sometimes. I don't have time for this crap right now.

Act like a crazy with a gun, expect to get treated like a crazy with a gun. End of story. Don't like it? Tough. That's how it works.

Unsubbed.
What do you mean degenerate? Some one gives you valid points and you have nothing to refute them, so they must be crazy. Nobody is talking about acting crazy with a gun. We were talking about being harassed just because you are carrying. Sure if a guy is waving a gun around in public, he should expect to be arrested. If he's just walking down the street with it holstered, why bother him.

Old 01-10-2014, 12:06 AM   #52
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 870 Times on 525 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
time will tell, especially if there is video evidence.
Trust me, I want to see the video as much as most of you do. When it's finally released and hosted, I will post a link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enfieldaddict View Post
Or some people have to because of weird laws that make it where you can own a pistol but can't get a Ccw because of age requirements
MI CPL min age is 21. At 18, a person can purchase a pistol from a private party, but not a FFL.

However, MI firearm rules are screwy, and it's highly recommended that one have a CPL or really really really understand the law.

Old 01-10-2014, 01:38 AM   #53

Liked 23 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post

Trust me, I want to see the video as much as most of you do. When it's finally released and hosted, I will post a link.

MI CPL min age is 21. At 18, a person can purchase a pistol from a private party, but not a FFL.

However, MI firearm rules are screwy, and it's highly recommended that one have a CPL or really really really understand the law.
Same here in mo I know the law here made sure I looked it up

Old 01-10-2014, 04:57 PM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Wow, just wow!

Besides talking too much, the video reflects exactly how it was portrayed to me. This version was edited by the local press, they are promising to post the full video at a later date.

Officer approached from behind, WITH HIS WINDOWS UP and determined he was talking to no one. He must have some superman level hearing! Approached him with his firearm drawn and pointed at him.

SMH

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2014/01/dashcam_video_grand_rapids_pol.html#incart_river_d efault

Old 01-10-2014, 05:54 PM   #55

Liked 43 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Too many "open carry advocates" have become "open carry radicals". Parading around in prominent places to draw attention to yourself and DARE the Police to confront you? Yes, stupid and counter productive.

" I am just exercising my rights and raising public awareness". BULL $HIT!!! You are stirring up the populace to make your "point". The "point" is you are a douche bag.

If you want to raise awareness, stand on the street corner and hand out fliers. Get your buddies together and buy a 30 second radio spot. Kind of like raising awareness of 1st Amendment rights by yelling controversial things on the street corner. People rightfully label you as "crazy". Why is this any different?

Exercise your rights, don't flaunt them.
While he may be a D-Bag he still was acting lawfully.

I personally disagree with the YouTube guys doing things like this but it's lawful, so it's just a opinion and they are free to do so.

Old 01-10-2014, 07:38 PM   #56
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocknloaded View Post
While he may be a D-Bag he still was acting lawfully.

I personally disagree with the YouTube guys doing things like this but it's lawful, so it's just a opinion and they are free to do so.
That was the LEO dash cam, not a youtube confrontation.

Old 01-11-2014, 01:57 AM   #57
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Here is the link to the unedited version
http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2014/01/see_unedited_encounter_between.html#incart_river_d efault

Old 01-11-2014, 02:25 AM   #58

Liked 2520 Times on 1133 Posts
Likes Given: 2418

The only douchebag in that video is the cop. If I was the guy in the pickup truck I would have been pretty upset about that cop pointing his pistol in my direction. Why didn't he just walk up and ask the guy what he was doing? Why make a scene and tell him to get on the ground when he wasn't doing anything illegal?

Old 01-11-2014, 03:21 AM   #59
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Drawing down on someone on a public street in a residential neighborhood for legal activity is so far over the top...

Chief announced his retirement, which is interesting. Maybe he was already planning it, but it sure seems strange that it occurred right now.

The officer needs to be a minimum fired.

Old 01-11-2014, 03:23 AM   #60
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1592 Times on 1089 Posts
Likes Given: 555

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post

Federal law says you have to be 21 to purchase a handgun. States can write laws stricter than federal law but they cannot write laws that are less restrictive than federal law.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

wittmeba Likes This