Gov Quinn Teams Up With Mayor Rahm Emanuel To Propose Bill To Tax And Ban Your Guns
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gov Quinn Teams Up With Mayor Rahm Emanuel To Propose Bill To Tax And Ban Your Guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 05:48 PM   #1
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1908 Times on 1103 Posts
Likes Given: 3902

Default Gov Quinn Teams Up With Mayor Rahm Emanuel To Propose Bill To Tax And Ban Your Guns

This is just in from ammoland.

http://www.ammoland.com/2012/08/01/governor-quinn-teams-up-with-mayor-rahm-emanuel-to-propose-bill-to-tax-and-ban-your-guns/#axzz22JIcSWqu

Governor Quinn Teams Up With Mayor Rahm Emanuel To Propose Bill To Tax And Ban Your Guns

CHATSWORTH, Ill --(Ammoland.com)- As many of you know, Illinois Governor Pat Quinn today utilized his amendatory veto authority to hijack a pro-gun bill and convert it into a ban on so called assault weapons. Quinn claims that his bill would “…make Illinois a safer place.”

Of course, lawful Illinois firearm owners know better. We know that Quinn’s true aim is to obliterate private firearm ownership in the state. Closer analysis of Quinn’s bill reveals a host of opportunities for Quinn and his buddy Emanuel to make life miserable for the state’s lawful firearm owners.

Here is just a partial list of what this bill would do, if passed:

1. Ban the manufacture, possession or sale of nearly every semiautomatic rifle, pistol and shotgun you own.

2. Specifically ban Glock pistols since they share a common design with the Glock 18, a select fire handgun.

3. Require you to register every semiautomatic firearm and every magazine you own that exceeds 10 round capacity.

The kicker is that, under Quinn’s proposal, the State Police can charge you unlimited fees to register your guns. Thus if Quinn’s bill passes, you could very well find yourself paying $100 or even $1,000 per firearm per year to comply with the law. Additionally, you could find yourself paying $50, $100 or even $500 per year for each “high capacity” magazine you own. Can’t pay? Well then you would have to surrender your guns to the State Police for destruction.

This is just a taste of what you could expect from Quinn’s gun ban. Twists and turns in the bill would certainly open up the doors to taxation, regulation, and outright bans on every civilian owned firearm in the state.

Oh, and one thing is for sure, you can forget about concealed carry if Quinn’s gun ban passes.

HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO PROTECT YOUR GUN RIGHTS:

1. Call your State Senator ASAP and politely tell him or her that you are a law-abiding Illinois firearm owner and that you expect him or her to vote against Quinn’s gun ban should it come up for a vote. If you do not know who your State Senator is, please follow this link:

Illinois Board of Elections District Official/Search:
http://www.elections.state.il.us/DistrictLocator/DistrictOfficialSearchByAddress.aspx

2. Pass this alert on to all your friends and family who own firearms. Tell them to make calls to the senate as well.

3. Post this alert to any and all Internet blogs or bulletin boards to which you belong.

4. If you’re not already a member of the ISRA, then it’s time you signed on to protect your gun rights. To join the ISRA, follow this link: www.isra.org/join

5. Make a generous donation to the ISRA today so that we will be able to fight on against gun grabbers like Pat Quinn and Rahm Emanuel: www.isra.org/fight_4_your_rights.

The ISRA is the state’s leading advocate of safe, lawful and responsible firearms ownership. For more than a century, the ISRA has represented the interests of millions of law-abiding Illinois firearm owners.

WEB SITE: http://www.isra.org

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-01-2012, 06:01 PM   #2

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

I hate this damn state and the idiots that run it.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:15 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5739 Times on 3248 Posts
Likes Given: 5170

Un-elect the S.O.B.

Winston Churchill

Old 08-01-2012, 06:18 PM   #4

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Looks like border states are going to get more residents and probably a few more gun manufacturers.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:41 PM   #5

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

I would move to Indiana in a second if I could, but my house won't sell for anywhere near what I need, so I am stuck for the time being. I have no idea how these people get elected. (well actually I know full well how, but I'm not going to go into it). Nobody I know voted for Quinn, the counties, other than Cook, hate him and the city. It's time the people of Illinois stop letting Chitcago run the state.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:07 PM   #6
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1352 Times on 798 Posts
Likes Given: 3412

I think that Chicago was under better management when the "Mafia" ran it. At least there was some honor in the leadership. But we all know that the "Mafia" does not exist.

How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 08-01-2012, 07:08 PM   #7
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Wait. What? Amendatory authority?! You're telling us one person - the governor of the state - can take a bill coming to his or her desk, rewrite (amend) it, sign it and it becomes law?

How's that any godd@mn different from having a monarch?

And I thought I have it bad in New York. If I were living in Illinois, I'd be perusing homes and jobs in Texas right about now. No way would I register anything while I was still in the state.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:51 PM   #8

Liked 1131 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

. Read below

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
This is just in from ammoland.

http://www.ammoland.com/2012/08/01/governor-quinn-teams-up-with-mayor-rahm-emanuel-to-propose-bill-to-tax-and-ban-your-guns/#axzz22JIcSWqu

Governor Quinn Teams Up With Mayor Rahm Emanuel Douchebag central of course To Propose Bill To Tax And Ban Your Guns

CHATSWORTH, Ill --(Ammoland.com)- As many of you know, Illinois Governor Pat Quinn today utilized his amendatory veto authority to hijack a pro-gun bill and convert it into a ban on so called assault weapons. Quinn claims that his bill would “…make Illinois a safer place.”

Of course, lawful Illinois firearm owners know better. We know that Quinn’s true aim is to obliterate private firearm ownership in the state. Closer analysis of Quinn’s bill reveals a host of opportunities for Quinn and his buddy Emanuel to make life miserable for the state’s lawful firearm owners.

Here is just a partial list of what this bill would do, if passed:

1. Ban the manufacture, possession or sale of nearly every semiautomatic rifle, pistol and shotgun you own.That sure isnt going to go well with all the big bun manufacturers in IL now is it , guess he wont have their vote .

2. Specifically ban Glock pistols since they share a common design with the Glock 18, a select fire handgun. Yes because there is what like 50 of these in existance ?

3. Require you to register every semiautomatic firearm and every magazine you own that exceeds 10 round capacity. Register what ? lost mine in the fire remember , and mags good luck with that since there is not any type of serial numbers on them, guess I only have one since they all look the same , thats going to be hard to control .

The kicker is that, under Quinn’s proposal, the State Police can charge you unlimited fees to register your guns. Thus if Quinn’s bill passes, you could very well find yourself paying $100 or even $1,000 per firearm per year to comply with the law. Additionally, you could find yourself paying $50, $100 or even $500 per year for each “high capacity” magazine you own. Can’t pay? Well then you would have to surrender your guns to the State Police for destruction. Tax, how the hell can they expect me to pay tax on something they already collected on once , and surrender my guns . LOL come get em

This is just a taste of what you could expect from Quinn’s gun ban. Twists and turns in the bill would certainly open up the doors to taxation, regulation, and outright bans on every civilian owned firearm in the state.

Oh, and one thing is for sure, you can forget about concealed carry if Quinn’s gun ban passes. Suck it Quinn!!!!!!!

HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO PROTECT YOUR GUN RIGHTS:

1. Call your State Senator ASAP and politely tell him or her that you are a law-abiding Illinois firearm owner and that you expect him or her to vote against Quinn’s gun ban should it come up for a vote. If you do not know who your State Senator is, please follow this link:

Illinois Board of Elections District Official/Search:
http://www.elections.state.il.us/DistrictLocator/DistrictOfficialSearchByAddress.aspx

2. Pass this alert on to all your friends and family who own firearms. Tell them to make calls to the senate as well.

3. Post this alert to any and all Internet blogs or bulletin boards to which you belong.

4. If you’re not already a member of the ISRA, then it’s time you signed on to protect your gun rights. To join the ISRA, follow this link: www.isra.org/join

5. Make a generous donation to the ISRA today so that we will be able to fight on against gun grabbers like Pat Quinn and Rahm Emanuel: www.isra.org/fight_4_your_rights.

The ISRA is the state’s leading advocate of safe, lawful and responsible firearms ownership. For more than a century, the ISRA has represented the interests of millions of law-abiding Illinois firearm owners.

WEB SITE: http://www.isra.org
Guess that sums up how my days going so far

Last edited by purehavoc; 08-01-2012 at 07:56 PM.
People Like This 
Old 08-01-2012, 08:14 PM   #9
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

I told you guys they would take the tax route and pull this sh!t. I hate when I'm right.

I don't need No stinking signature.

People Like This 
Old 08-01-2012, 08:38 PM   #10

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Homes are cheap in AZ and NV right now...and the winters are a hell of a lot better!

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun