Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Got called paranoid today.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 03:10 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Default Got called paranoid today.

Not sure where to post this but, today was the first time I ever got into a serious gun control debate. Sadly it was with my grandparents. They said I was paranoid for having guns incase the government went crazy or some other government attacks us. I told them I just realize that this could happen but they insisted I was paranoid. We discussed other stuff including what they kept referring to as "assault weapons" I don't think I can change their thoughts no matter what. Sorry if this is in the wrong place and move it if necessary.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

shadecorp Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-23-2012, 03:13 AM   #2

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

It happens man. My mother in law is for the AWB although she dose not even know who the VP is. Nuff said.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:15 AM   #3

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Family is tough

Old 12-23-2012, 03:18 AM   #4

Liked 1681 Times on 947 Posts
Likes Given: 1130

Yea its too bad you cant pick your family. I would have smarter siblings!

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:27 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5323 Times on 2779 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Im pretty sure the jews in 1935 didnt think they would be shoved into hitler's ovens in less than a decade after he took their guns away either.

Thats the argument i like to use on gun grabbers

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

People Like This 
Old 12-23-2012, 03:34 AM   #6

Liked 283 Times on 228 Posts
Likes Given: 1243

It doesnt get anyy harder then kin.My nana I dont argue or disagre yes maam no maam shes earned it!!!

Old 12-23-2012, 03:39 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garadex
Not sure where to post this but, today was the first time I ever got into a serious gun control debate. Sadly it was with my grandparents. They said I was paranoid for having guns incase the government went crazy or some other government attacks us. I told them I just realize that this could happen but they insisted I was paranoid. We discussed other stuff including what they kept referring to as "assault weapons" I don't think I can change their thoughts no matter what. Sorry if this is in the wrong place and move it if necessary.
It is what it is brother, all you can do is love them !
Old 12-23-2012, 03:44 AM   #8

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

It is hard to have a rational discussion with someone who thinks the 2nd Amendment is about duck hunting and insists governments are benevolent dictators. Who did she grow up with knowing had gone to war (Father, Uncle, etc) and were they fighting or was it just paranoia? Perhaps you are young and they are part of the stoner-generation so facts and history don't matter!?

Old 12-23-2012, 03:56 AM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8439 Times on 3661 Posts
Likes Given: 1301

You, sir, have encountered the "powdered butt" syndrome. It is difficult to take serious advice from anyone whose butt you have ever powdered.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

People Like This 
Old 12-23-2012, 04:15 AM   #10

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Good to see I'm not alone it does suck that they wont listen no matter what facts and logic I used. I am young but this is the one subject I know a lot on so at least I was prepared.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.