Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Got called paranoid today. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/got-called-paranoid-today-79198/)

Garadex 12-23-2012 03:10 AM

Got called paranoid today.

Not sure where to post this but, today was the first time I ever got into a serious gun control debate. Sadly it was with my grandparents. They said I was paranoid for having guns incase the government went crazy or some other government attacks us. I told them I just realize that this could happen but they insisted I was paranoid. We discussed other stuff including what they kept referring to as "assault weapons" I don't think I can change their thoughts no matter what. Sorry if this is in the wrong place and move it if necessary.

lbwar15 12-23-2012 03:13 AM

It happens man. My mother in law is for the AWB although she dose not even know who the VP is. Nuff said.

Flat Tire 12-23-2012 03:15 AM

Family is tough

Rick1967 12-23-2012 03:18 AM

Yea its too bad you cant pick your family. I would have smarter siblings!

JonM 12-23-2012 03:27 AM

Im pretty sure the jews in 1935 didnt think they would be shoved into hitler's ovens in less than a decade after he took their guns away either.

Thats the argument i like to use on gun grabbers

racer_x 12-23-2012 03:34 AM

It doesnt get anyy harder then kin.My nana I dont argue or disagre yes maam no maam shes earned it!!!

mmg331 12-23-2012 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garadex
Not sure where to post this but, today was the first time I ever got into a serious gun control debate. Sadly it was with my grandparents. They said I was paranoid for having guns incase the government went crazy or some other government attacks us. I told them I just realize that this could happen but they insisted I was paranoid. We discussed other stuff including what they kept referring to as "assault weapons" I don't think I can change their thoughts no matter what. Sorry if this is in the wrong place and move it if necessary.

It is what it is brother, all you can do is love them !

HockaLouis 12-23-2012 03:44 AM

It is hard to have a rational discussion with someone who thinks the 2nd Amendment is about duck hunting and insists governments are benevolent dictators. Who did she grow up with knowing had gone to war (Father, Uncle, etc) and were they fighting or was it just paranoia? Perhaps you are young and they are part of the stoner-generation so facts and history don't matter!?

c3shooter 12-23-2012 03:56 AM

You, sir, have encountered the "powdered butt" syndrome. It is difficult to take serious advice from anyone whose butt you have ever powdered.

Garadex 12-23-2012 04:15 AM

Good to see I'm not alone it does suck that they wont listen no matter what facts and logic I used. I am young but this is the one subject I know a lot on so at least I was prepared.