Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Goose and Gander... Phase II

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 03:24 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4421 Times on 2144 Posts
Likes Given: 1311

Default Goose and Gander... Phase II

While vacationing in PV Mexico 8 years ago I witnessed Mexican LEO's walking to work with EMPTY holster and thought it was really stupid. We now have mayor Bloomberg in NY City, floating the idea of NYPD Leaving there duty sidearms at work.

Of course, we all understand this is intrinsically stupid... BUT... it does speak to me on a "Goose and Gander" level IF were talking about non "shall issue" CCW Jurisdictions.

Why should a "special" class of citizen get to enjoy the protection of being constantly armed when every other member of that community "besides those with political connections" is subject to arrest and prossocution if they dared to do the same?

Everyone mark your calendars! The sun has "officially" shined on a dogs ass... And that dogs name is Bloomberg!

Officers in non shall issue jurisdictions should be forced to leave there duty weapons at work and should be granted no more consideration than any citizen receives in there ITG "Impossible to Get" CCW Jurisdictions.

That's my position... What say you all?

Tack

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-08-2013, 05:48 AM   #2

Liked 286 Times on 193 Posts

Send some of his personal bodyguards home naked without their sidearm. Maybe they can explain to him the unfair disadvantage they are in and how they could see unarmed citizens' concerns.

But that wouldn't happen because im sure they are in the "special class"

Old 04-08-2013, 05:52 AM   #3

Liked 619 Times on 373 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I firmly agree Tack. No one is a super citizen. I fully respect LEOs...but not one of them is better than me. We are all citizens protected by the BOR.

I have also thought for a long time that any anti gun politician shouldn't have armed bodyguards. They can have bodyguards, they can't be armed though.

Our country was built on equality for all, and it should be the same today regardless of your chosen profession.

Old 04-08-2013, 04:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
I firmly agree Tack. No one is a super citizen. I fully respect LEOs...but not one of them is better than me. We are all citizens protected by the BOR.

I have also thought for a long time that any anti gun politician shouldn't have armed bodyguards. They can have bodyguards, they can't be armed though.

Our country was built on equality for all, and it should be the same today regardless of your chosen profession.
All very true... but it could not be based on a politicians views. I would simply need to reflect the local laws where a politician serves.

Our focus should be to pass laws "banning" concealed carry "exemptions" for ANYONE and modifying existing CCW laws to "prohibit" discretion based on "special need".

This all goes back to one more reason for LEO's go get behind the BOR by ensuring they do not get to enjoy "off duty" rights that are denied to citizens.

Now, the jurisdictions where I live and travel throughout of Washington State and Oregon are "shall issue". Any citizen without a Felony conviction must be given a CCW if they request it. I've NO problem with my Local LEO's being armed "off duty" because here, it is not a "special" right to LEO's... It's every citizens right.

This would need to be accomplished at the Federal Level using the "Equal Protection" argument by asking the Constitution questions.

Is it Constitutional for any jurisdiction to grant "special rights" to people based on there profession while denying those same rights to everyone else?

To my mind, these "Unconstitutional" exemptions for those Government deems to be somehow "special" are no different than the way many States used to discriminate against Black Americans with Jim Crow laws.

Those laws were "discriminatory" and were struck down using the "Equal Protection under the Law" argument.

I fail to see how Government Employees and Security Contractors getting "special" gun rights in jurisdiction that deny these same rights to there law abiding citizens are any different?

Tack

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 04-08-2013 at 04:42 PM.

Old 04-08-2013, 11:17 PM   #5
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 903 Times on 474 Posts
Likes Given: 472

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post

I fail to see how Government Employees and Security Contractors getting "special" gun rights in jurisdiction that deny these same rights to there law abiding citizens are any different?

Tack
There not. Citizen/subject analogy applies and with LE knowing they have a power unmatched by the citizenry will open a level of unfettered corruption and worse.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNGMSTR View Post
There not. Citizen/subject analogy applies and with LE knowing they have a power unmatched by the citizenry will open a level of unfettered corruption and worse.
Sounds like ChiTcago!

Old 04-14-2013, 11:34 PM   #7

Liked 305 Times on 183 Posts
Likes Given: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNGMSTR View Post
Very possible. This was what the 2A was meant to prevent.