Good News from Senator Corker of Tennessee
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Good News from Senator Corker of Tennessee

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2013, 08:40 PM   #1
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3686 Times on 1776 Posts
Likes Given: 1816

Default Good News from Senator Corker of Tennessee

I just received this from Senator Corker and thought I would share it with you. There are still those in public service that believe in our Constitution and Second Amendment. In addition Congressman Diane Black is also a member of the NRA! God Bless Tennessee!

Since you have contacted me in the past about protecting your Second Amendment right to bear arms, I wanted to update you on two letters I recently wrote to the President about the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty (ATT), expressing my opposition to it.
As you may know, after a number of conferences and drafting sessions, the United Nations approved final language for the ATT on April 2, 2013. Subsequently, on September 25, 2013, Secretary of State John Kerry signed the ATT on behalf of the United States.
However, before this treaty can take effect as a matter of U.S. law, the President must refer it to the Senate for its advice and consent, which he has not done. In addition, the treaty would have to receive two-thirds of the votes in the Senate to be ratified and become binding on the United States.
When it became clear that the Obama Administration was going to sign the treaty in the face of objections from many members of the Senate, including myself, I sent the attached letter to President Obama making clear that he does not have the authority to implement the treaty absent the ratification by the Senate and warning that he should not do so by executive order or any other means. On October 15, 2013, I signed an additional letter, also attached, with 50 of my colleagues stating that we will oppose ratification of the ATT because of major concerns with the treaty and the procedure by which it was adopted. As a result, it is unlikely that the ATT will come before the Senate.
The right to own firearms for shooting, hunting, and self-protection is important to me as a Tennessean and as an American. I will continue to be a consistent voice for the Second Amendment, and I will fight attempts to weaken those rights that are granted in the Constitution.

I hope this information is helpful to you and that you will share your views with me on this and other issues before Congress.

Sincerely,

Bob Corker
United States Senator

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-27-2013, 01:10 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2614 Times on 1440 Posts
Likes Given: 4137

Good on senator Corker.

Old 11-27-2013, 01:16 AM   #3
hmh

Liked 194 Times on 130 Posts

He is still not getting my vote I sent him an email about defunding Obamcare and he basically said there was nothing he was willing to do.

Old 11-27-2013, 08:16 PM   #4
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

That is not totally true! He advised that he did not think the total defunding of Obama Care was possible and some of his colleagues were beating a dead horse with the approach they were taking! And he was right. He was in favor of defunding but by use of other means. With Harry Reid and the corrupt Dems and it being the law when we got *sold out by Justice Roberts of the Supreme Court! Who was a Repub appointment I might add! Makes me wonder what his motives was? Corker knew at the present there was no way it was going to be defunded and it has not and will not until the USA comes apart. We are in a sad state of affairs with the present administration. But Corker makes it very clear he is not for Obama Care. He simply thought other means should be pursued to try to address the terrible O C program. As far as votes he is in favor of our Second Amendment Rights and will get my vote for sure. And any others that defend our freedom. It is just a matter of time before Obama Care destructs on it's own! Unfortunately at our expense due to those that voted for the I***t! Just because he thought other methods should be pursued to object to Obama Care policy does not make him bad in my view. Bottom line with this Administration and Congress we are behind the 8 ball at the present. But maybe not for long! I like Cruze a whole lot, but knew he was butting his head against the wall with the way he was hoping for a total defunding. It will not happen until Obama, Reid and others are gone and history. A good example last week was the Repubs and others were talking about holding up court appointments. So what did the O Administration do? They found a loophole and changed the rules from a 60% majority votes which was for years to only requiring 51% for the liberal court appointments they are wanting to make. And they have that with the idiots in Congress! Bottom line we are dealing with one of the most corrupt government in history! So we need to defend all those who protect our Constitutional Rights.

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Last edited by Sniper03; 11-27-2013 at 08:29 PM.

Old 11-27-2013, 11:27 PM   #5

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Sounds like the kind of guy I would like to take to the shooting range and then have a couple of beers with.

Old 11-27-2013, 11:46 PM   #6
hmh

Liked 194 Times on 130 Posts

He talks like he is against it but when it came time to put up or shut up he backed down. The only reason he is for the 2nd amendment is to get reelected if it came down to his reelection or the second amendment he would fold. He is another big government republican that doesn't care how big government is as long as he is in control. Every since I voted for him I have been in contact with his office and he will tow the party line no matter what. He is a snake in wolves clothing. We have more than enough republicans just like him already in Washington. We need people that stand on values not party lines. I am done voting for the lesser of two evils.

Old 11-27-2013, 11:48 PM   #7
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Warrior,

You are correct! Not once has he or Black ever not responded to my inquireys. Sometimes it has take some time like this last return.*But I always keep communications with them with respect and the upmost professional context! Even those I do not agree with. But I still make them aware of those issues as well!
In addition Congressman Diane Black of Tennessee falls into the same category. Neither are afraid to stand up for what they believe is right and especialy with our Second Amendment Rights. I have not agreed with him on everything issue but respect his views because I seem to know his intentions. I do not always agree with the NRA either even being a Benefactor Member but if it were not for them we would have no Second Amendment Rights today. So all I can say is thank God for people like Corker and Black of Tennessee. There are a lot of good people in many states that would give their left arm to have representatives like them. And by the way, I am an "Patriotic Independent" and will vote for what is right regardless of party affiliation or what anyone thinks. Dad always told me, *If you don't stand for something! *You will stand for anything! And that is what some are doing today. Setting back and standing for anything!
Take Care! God Bless! America and all here on the FTF have a Great Thanksgiving!

-- John F. Kennedy

Last edited by Sniper03; 11-27-2013 at 11:52 PM.
Warrior1256 Likes This