Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > good job NY gun owners for standing up!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 05:12 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post
oh heck yeah!!
for those of us that are colorblind

5422_132452323603219_1376667127_n.jpg

that leave the 5 boroughs of NYC ... obviously ... Westchester, the wanna be 6th borough of NYC and Tompkins which is unlikely to propose legislation as they are a wanna be Albany.

The surprising development here is Albany ... that spells the death knell for Cuomo's NY Safe Act and his political career in NY. No amount of NYC support will help him overcome that!

Stick a fork in this one folks ... it's done! Congratulations NY'rs for coming together and fighting the fight! MUCH RESPECT!!!

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Last edited by dog2000tj; 03-14-2013 at 05:28 PM.
People Like This 
Old 03-14-2013, 11:35 PM   #12
+ TRES VERBO DICTUM +
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1600 Times on 833 Posts
Likes Given: 1288

Default It’s a good thing all these county & town resolutions are ‘non-binding’.

I’m just wondering what the end game is.

IF county officials & LEOs refuse to carry out and enforce the NYSAFE Act regulations;
Does the state haul them off to jail? Does the state withhold funds from the county?
IF the state does both/either of these, do the county’s residents withhold taxes from the state?
IF taxes are withheld from the state, does the state freeze the counties (and residents?) bank accounts?
IF the bank accounts are frozen, do the counties respond with their own banks & currency?
IF the counties develop their own financial systems, does the state close its doors?
IF the state closes its doors, there’s gonna be a whole lot of hungry people around.

Or is everybody really confident this will just be resolved at the ballot box?

Anybody wanna play chicken?

Last edited by Vincine; 03-15-2013 at 12:13 AM.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:39 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1781 Times on 1166 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post

IF county officials & LEOs refuse to carry out and enforce the NYSAFE Act regulations;
Does the state haul them off to jail? Does the state withhold funds from the county?
IF the state does both/either of these, do the county’s residents withhold taxes from the state?
IF taxes are withheld from the state, does the state freeze the counties (and residents?) bank accounts?
IF the bank accounts are frozen, do the counties respond with their own banks & currency?
IF residents develop their own financial systems, does the state close its doors?
IF the state closes its doors, there’s gonna be a whole lot of hungry people around.

Or is everybody confident this can be resolved at the ballot box?

Could be that spark that gets things fired up!

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 03-15-2013, 02:10 PM   #14

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

I can't believe I just read that whoever that guy is he dumber then a bag of hammers no wait thats and insult to hammers!

How in the hell does keeping things from law abiding citzens stop the mentally ill and criminals from getting them. I honestly feel like I'm kicking a dead horse here.

Wheres the stupid it burns guy when you need him?

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

TDS92A Likes This 
Old 03-20-2013, 04:28 PM   #15
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1338 Times on 791 Posts
Likes Given: 3322

We have been trying to get the Libtards to answer this question for years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebear View Post
How in the hell does keeping things from law abiding citzens stop the mentally ill and criminals from getting them.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Last edited by TDS92A; 03-20-2013 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Forgot to edit the original post.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:27 PM   #16

Liked 307 Times on 185 Posts
Likes Given: 499

I am jumping up and down rooting for all of the New York pro gunners!!!

Old 03-21-2013, 02:42 AM   #17

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post

IF the counties develop their own financial systems, does the state close its doors?

Or is everybody really confident this will just be resolved at the ballot box?

It's not about playing chicken - Cuomo threw the 1st punch, a suckerpunch at that ... the fight is on now and it is up to NY'rs to fight back

The counties coming out with legislation opposing the NY Safe Act is their 1st counterpunch ... and it has been huge! Even if the Gov and the Legislature refuse to abide by the overwhelming majority of the people's will they will still have to answer for their actions in the courts ... a decision due as early as this coming Friday and the courts have already instructed the state that they have the burden of proving why the mandatory Constitutional 3-day review period was ignored ... an argument the state is not likely to be able to make.

Regardless of the results in the courts, both Cuomo and the Senators that pushed the NY Safe Act through will have to answer to the people at the ballot box in 14'. I highly doubt any of the downstate Senators will see any serious challenges, but Cuomo is finished ... no amount of NYC support will save him ... his dreams of national politics went down the toilet the second he signed that legislation into law!

It would be unprecedented if an asshat like Cuomo would see the error of his ways and repeal the law, but just like the previous CoBIS law without enforcement/funding the law is pointless. As soon as the 14' elections are over and NY'rs elect a more friendly 2A Legislature and Gov the NY Safe Act will find the same fate ... repealed.

like I said, Cuomo just hit NY'rs in the mouth without provocation ... it's now up to them to do something about it

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 03-21-2013, 02:54 AM   #18
+ TRES VERBO DICTUM +
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1600 Times on 833 Posts
Likes Given: 1288

I sure hope this fight stays in the courts & ballot box.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:03 AM   #19
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5511 Times on 2725 Posts
Likes Given: 5857

Andy is kicking it up a notch with the Squeal on your neighbor who has a Ass Weapon and get $500 bucks for doing it plan. This isnt going to end until he and his cronies gets booted out of Albany for good; actually, FOOG! Two years is a long time to go without our BORS intact, there will be lots of new criminals created in that time, I dont know if we can keep NY peaceful until he's annexed to Jersey.

There are a bunch of new ways to become a criminal in NY thanks to Andy and all you have to do is nothing to become one. Dont sell your 30 round mags, dont dump your AR or AK, hang onto that Thompson Semi or have your neighbor pick you up a a couple boxes of shells when hes at Dicks. Considering there are no new jobs above the Hudson to be had, maybe a life of crime is actually a career choice with potential! If your Dad dies, you better check out his weapon stash! Turn in his guns quick before you get a Felony for being his son!

I am one of those Oath keepers, 21 years of military service with 17 in the NY Army National Guard. I can be re-called until I am 62 years old, if I get the call for State Duty, I will have to say no as long as this law is in effect. I refuse to protect the rights of State Employees while being part of prohibiting them for plain old citizens. My former unit is now a tool of tyranny, its a sad day for me.